(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Firmino has been our best player so far this season in my opinion, but to rank him against other centre forwards across the league is tricky because the role he plays is so unique. He’s not really a #9 but he’s not really a #10 either. He had zero shots on target against Genk the other night but was the best attacker on the pitch. Who else discussed in this thread could do that?

Mané and Salah are probably the more relevant comparators at Liverpool to the likes of Aguero and Aubameyang. While their nominal positions on the team sheet are out wide, in practice the function/aim of their role is the same - play high up the pitch, make attacking runs in behind, put the ball in the net. Firmino’s game by comparison is far more rounded.

charcoalchicken

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Both firmino and lacazette are criminally underrated because they don't score as many as the others but both are more important to their team than most other strikers on these lists.

So it's hard to rank them but I definitely have lacazette as the better of the two between him and aubameyang, don't watch enough of liverpool to clearly say I rate firmino more than mane/salah but wouldn't surprise me if he's better than either or both.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Both firmino and lacazette are criminally underrated because they don't score as many as the others but both are more important to their team than most other strikers on these lists.

So it's hard to rank them but I definitely have lacazette as the better of the two between him and aubameyang, don't watch enough of liverpool to clearly say I rate firmino more than mane/salah but wouldn't surprise me if he's better than either or both.
Firmino is probably worth 10 goals a piece to Mané and Salah each season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom