Ranking the "big six" strikers

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Following on from the highly successful managers thread comes another absolute banger from your truly.

At the start of the season it was billed as the season of the strikers with Chelsea, United and Arsenal all making big money centre forward signings. In pre-season people were talking about who of the big 6 had the best striker and now that we're just past the halfway mark and with the events of the Arsenal v Chelsea game I thought it was a good time to pose this question again.

Mine:

Kane
Aguero (has played more minutes than Jesus and scored more goals)
Firmino
Morata
Lukaku
Lacazette

For me it's a pretty clear 1-2, then after that it gets difficult. Won't deny that bias may be playing a factor with my third choice but I think he's criminally underrated. I think at the start of the season just about everyone would of had him sixth but I think he's outperformed all three of the big summer signings.

Morata and Lukaku could have gone either way but then Lacazette is a pretty distant sixth.

Kane
Aguero

Some daylight

Morata
Lukaku
Firmino
Lacazette
Pretty much. If Morata didn't fluff so many chances with his feet then he would be closer to Kane/Kun. At least he creates opportunities though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firm is the best player in the league this season
Really? I haven’t seen a huge amount of Liverpool this season but to me he is the weakest link in your “Fab Four”. You can’t seriously place him above Kane...

Probably a bit unfair rating Morata after last nights performance. He was gash for sure, but all players have dud games. Definitely room for improvement though.

Lacazette has been more disappointing I’d say. He’s got two of the best suppliers in the league in Sanchez and Ozil supplying him but he’s only found the net what eight times?

Really? I haven’t seen a huge amount of Liverpool this season but to me he is the weakest link in your “Fab Four”. You can’t seriously place him above Kane...
He does all the dirty work that allows salah and couti to do their thing.
Do you have firm v Kane goals and assists this season?

Kane can assist. Didn’t he get that assist against Swansea the other night? Then there was a brilliant assist against Madrid at Wembley I recall. But when your shooting is as good as Kane’s then, well passing is the second option!

Kane can assist. Didn’t he get that assist against Swansea the other night? Then there was a brilliant assist against Madrid at Wembley I recall. But when your shooting is as good as Kane’s then, well passing is the second option!
Kane's link up is probably close to the best of the lot let alone when talking about finishers as well

It's ridiculous, but I'm pretty sure that pass doesn't count as an assist because Dele scored from the deflection after he'd already kicked it into the keeper. How they measure assists can be a bit silly. Kane probably won't get one for that pass, but Tom Carroll got one for a 3 yard pass prior to Bale's worldie at West Ham a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back