5. Morata
6. Firmino
7. Lukaku
8. Giroud
9. Sturridge
10. Jesus
11. Origi
12. Llorente
Giroud should be higher if we're playing the inform game, definitely above Firmino and Lukaku

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
cardwell over rose? **** me you know nothing
Haven’t had a great look at Rose yet but glad he just signed on because from the glimpses I have seen of him, he does look like a better prospect than Cardwell. He’s still very raw at the moment but I expect Jolley to give him some minutes here and there given he couldn’t be worse than the rest of our forwards this season. Ahkeem has also had a rough twelve months trying to sort out permits and residency so I’m glad that’s been put behind him.

Cardwell is further developed than Rose and has a lot more flexibility so I would definitely have him ahead at this stage. I had high expectations of him after he dominated pre-season a year ago but he hasn’t come on as expected. Jolley has been pretty vocal on what Haz needs to work on and I’d be open to the idea of loaning him to the Pilgrims for a year with an option to buy.

So yeah, currently Haz over Rose but Rose has the higher ceiling and I don’t expect Haz to be around much longer.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Haven’t had a great look at Rose yet but glad he just signed on because from the glimpses I have seen of him, he does look like a better prospect than Cardwell. He’s still very raw at the moment but I expect Jolley to give him some minutes here and there given he couldn’t be worse than the rest of our forwards this season. Ahkeem has also had a rough twelve months trying to sort out permits and residency so I’m glad that’s been put behind him.

Cardwell is further developed than Rose and has a lot more flexibility so I would definitely have him ahead at this stage. I had high expectations of him after he dominated pre-season a year ago but he hasn’t come on as expected. Jolley has been pretty vocal on what Haz needs to work on and I’d be open to the idea of loaning him to the Pilgrims for a year with an option to buy.

So yeah, currently Haz over Rose but Rose has the higher ceiling and I don’t expect Haz to be around much longer.
this response has me very rattled

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

Grimsby Town minnow flog

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Picking for a full season I would go:

1. Salah - Has a goal scoring return that matches everyone else on this list, but is more versatile and could accomodate a number of different formations and still remain impactful. Hasn't shown any signs of being injury prone, which makes him more reliable than Aguero. Kane and Salah is pretty close, but if I wanted to play with a second striker I think it would be easier to fit alongside Salah than Kane. Plus I'm a Liverpool fan, so obviously biased.

2. Kane - Realistically more of a 1A than second, he's also similar to Salah in that they both take a ton of shots during games and are high volume scorers. He's pretty creative, but I don't think has got the assist numbers that Salah does, maybe a function of having worse teammates than anything else.

3. Aguero - Lethal finisher, and a record that can't be denied. He's only number three because you probably cannot trust him to remain healthy for a full season, especially as he gets older. You would need a reliable second option with him as your number one, whereas the two above can carry a full week in week out workload.

4. Firmino - Different type of forward to everyone else on this list, and you'd have to play a different style of football with him as the striker but his quality is undeniable. Excellent dribbling with the ball, holding it up, bringing others into play and a pretty solid finisher. His workrate is by far the best of any player on this list, and his versatility is right up there. That's why he gets up over the Arsenal duo.

5. Lacazette - I think he has some similar qualities to Firmino in terms of being versatile and having more to his game than goals. I would probably say he's a better finisher than Firmino too, but I'd prefer the higher workrate and being able to play a pressing game with Firmino at the forefront; the footballing style which has been most the effective in football in the last decade. Couldn't do it as well with Lacazette I think.

6. Aubameyang - Scores a lot of goals, but doesn't really do much else. Great goal scoring record since coming to England, but I can't help but think about all the games I've watched where he has barely touched it for 20/30 minutes at a time. Makes him feel one dimensional, a really great one dimension but it's not enough to vault him over the others on this list.

7. Jesus - I think he suffers a bit from the same issues as Aubameyang and can get a bit lost in games and totally drift out of them. Great finisher, but he has had a number of dry patches while in England and when he's not scoring goals not sure how much else he's contributing. Only young though, so should be higher on this list in the years to come.

8. Rashford - Really rate Rashford, and could see him being #1 on a list like this in a few years time but he's not quite there yet. The last year of the Mourinho reign really affected him more than most I'd say. Can already see him turning it around under Ole, and his pace and power is a threat to any team.

9. Lukaku - Not sure what's happened to him, but he's really fallen off a cliff. Suffers from the same issues as some of the aforementioned because when he isn't scoring goals of late, his hold up play which used to be decent just isn't there anymore. Seems to have lost a lot of confidence, and not sure that I'd want him leading the line at my club if he isn't the swaggering Lukaku we saw playing for Everton.

Chelsea strikers not even worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Back