Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

So again it comes to distaste for how I distribute my funds when supporting the club in the manner I do.

'You've got money, you have to give it to us or we simply can't understand it.'
More like "you're paying as much for 8 games as we can give you for 11 games, we simply can't understand it."

It's okay if you're stubborn, we get it now.

More like "you're paying as much for 8 games as we can give you for 11 games, we simply can't understand it."

It's okay if you're stubborn, we get it now.
More like 'We just want your cash, not your support. We don't care if you don't turn up to half of the games as long as you pay us directly for the unused privilege. Here's X, Y and Z incentives that we'd actually save a lot of money ourselves on if we didn't use this method of incentive.'

More like 'We just want your cash, not your support. We don't care if you don't turn up to half of the games as long as you pay us directly for the unused privilege.'
It really is incredible. You're paying the exact same amount regardless of which option you take yet you decide to give two thirds of your gate entry to the AFL and the opposing club rather than, again, pay the exact same amount, but distribute funds to the club you SAY you support...It's your stubbornness getting in the way here pal!

And unused privilege? Didn't you just say you go to half a dozen games if not more?

In what world do you think paying $240 for 8 games is better than paying $240 for 11 games? Haha

It really is incredible. You're paying the exact same amount regardless of which option you take yet you decide to give two thirds of your gate entry to the AFL and the opposing club rather than, again, pay the exact same amount, but distribute funds to the club you SAY you support...It's your stubbornness getting in the way here pal!

And unused privilege? Didn't you just say you go to half a dozen games if not more?

In what world do you think paying $240 for 8 games is better than paying $240 for 11 games? Haha
There we go...

If I don't buy a membership, I somehow don't support the club.

Yet you say yourself you've never seen it and thus it never happens. Boggling.

There we go...

If I don't buy a membership, I somehow don't support the club.

Yet you say yourself you've never seen it and it never happens. Boggling.
Hahahahaha

Pay $240 for 8 games.
Pay $240 for 11.

Which is it gonna be??!?! This is tiring.

It's gonna be the way I do it, and the thinly-veiled membership guilt trip isn't going to change that.
Leave the membership debate out of it. On the basis of a financial choice, it's more just a point of logic & common sense I'd say.

Depends on the logic employed.
giphy.gif

G'night.

I'd say it's this guy's right to be as stupid with his money as he wantts, and to support the club in whichever way works for him, no matter how unhelpful.

I do have a vague recollection of Noidenous going into bat for the umpires in more than one match day thread, (not trying to blacken his name!) so he's clearly not afraid of publicly going against the grain, which takes a special sort of character. I may be wrong but I thought perhaps he was involved with umpiring at some level. Maybe this explains why he'd rather contribute to the AFL than solely to the club.

Rather than trying to pick a fight with him, maybe someone should ask "what would persuade you to buy a $50+ membership?"

Noidenous: what would... etc?

I'd say it's this guy's right to be as stupid with his money as he wantts, and to support the club in whichever way works for him, no matter how unhelpful.

I do have a vague recollection of Noidenous going into bat for the umpires in more than one match day thread, (not trying to blacken his name!) so he's clearly not afraid of publicly going against the grain, which takes a special sort of character. I may be wrong but I thought perhaps he was involved with umpiring at some level. Maybe this explains why he'd rather contribute to the AFL than solely to the club.

Rather than trying to pick a fight with him, maybe someone should ask "what would persuade you to buy a $50+ membership?"

Totally his right. Like it's totally somebody's right to buy a mojo-moojoo-magnet to help them fight off a cold.

Doesn't mean everybody else can't tell him he's a moron for doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally his right. Like it's totally somebody's right to buy a mojo-moojoo-magnet to help them fight off a cold.

Doesn't mean everybody else can't tell him he's a moron for doing it.
Yet eating a $200 steak makes someone a connoisseur?

Last edited:
Would not even bother conversing with that poster. AFAIAC just a worthless troll.
Wouldn't you know it, Joffa's come to join the mystical troll patrol. How surprising.

Why did you come back? Can't live without your textual circle-jerk?

It's amazing your eyes haven't crusted over permanently.

Have no need for a membership, and I've voiced as much before, to the chagrin of the 'inner sanctum' types who use their purchase to virtue-signal on boards such as these (puke).

~ I have no need for merchandise, nor do those around me.
~ I have no need for discounted admission.
~ I have no need for the chance to be picked first if a Grand Final rolls around.
~ I have no need to brainwash any of my family members.
~ I have no need to be spoken to by any of the players/staff and would prefer they spent that time working on their craft.
~ My submission goes through the gate at full price at least half a dozen times per season, usually more.

Given you attend at least a dozen times during the season, it makes little sense to pay full price when you're entitled to get a discount. Monetary value aside, if you are clearly in a position where money is no object and of little concern, given that you know it is a 'Stroke Job' and benefits the club, why would you knowingly choose not to become a member? I understand you are currently supporting the club by attending and cheering, given the club has specified they are reliant on members and you can see the tangible benefits that the club gets from signing up more members, I don't understand the mindset here. Would be interested if you could please elaborate on it further and expand on your comments.

Given you attend at least a dozen times during the season, it makes little sense to pay full price when you're entitled to get a discount. Monetary value aside, if you are clearly in a position where money is no object and of little concern, given that you know it is a 'Stroke Job' and benefits the club, why would you knowingly choose not to become a member? I understand you are currently supporting the club by attending and cheering, given the club has specified they are reliant on members and you can see the tangible benefits that the club gets from signing up more members, I don't understand the mindset here. Would be interested if you could please elaborate on it further and expand on your comments.

Don't try and argue a rational case with an idiot. It will just end in frustration

Don't try and argue a rational case with an idiot. It will just end in frustration

i'm not trying to argue, simply asking him to state his mindset a bit further as it seemed very high-level in his initial post.. This thread is about understanding the reasons behind why people have chosen not to sign-up

Congratulations, you're the first person to actually sit back and pick up on there perhaps being more at play and I say that without any irony. I didn't reply this morning because I was busy running late for work.

Quite frankly, every response up to that point wasn't even worth the time of day, even from the thread creator. Apparently there's no such thing as membership shaming, hahaha haha ha ha.

No, I'm not an umpire, and I'm in no way involved with the AFL. It's amazing that I have to categorically state that each and every time such a scenario arises. Aside from immediate economics, when one takes into account things like league stats, scheduling, league marketing etc. it's actually better to appear neutral to the larger competition. Let's not even get into factors like league revenue sharing and sustainability forecasts.

The idea that supporting a club exists solely in the realm of getting discounted seats and saving oneself a pittance -- or the funds going directly to the club -- is the true idiotic perspective. When there's 40,000 members and only 20,000 total people turn up to each home game, I question the member's support. Yes, there's overseas and interstate fans, but there's something fundamentally flawed in the culture of this club's local supporters (look at this forum on match days). Far too much victim mentality going on, and it's reflected in the membership drives. 'If you don't buy a membership, we'll certainly fold, for sure, we swear, the league's against us, you better just do it or you'll be to blame when it happens.'

It's easy for a bunch of knob-goblins to get a discount and 5 minutes talking s**t to a player who shouldn't have to endure it, then stroke themselves into a frenzy because they're too near-sighted to see beyond the trees. Of course, moderators think moving the entire conversation outside of the wider public eye is easier than controlling said mob.

And these people supposedly represent the club...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back