Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Take your own advice and shove it up your arse.
I kind of feel we are getting sidetracked from the real question of whether Hickey really did give away that free kick against Goldstein.

I WAS firmly in the maybe camp but you've brought me right around to the "possible" side with your persuasive skills and charm.

I kind of feel we are getting sidetracked from the real question of whether Hickey really did give away that free kick against Goldstein.

I WAS firmly in the maybe camp but you've brought me right around to the "possible" side with your persuasive skills and charm.
Anything else?

Anything else?
Would a plane REALLY take off on a treadmill? I kind of feel like it would but then what if the treadmill is going really really fast? It just feels like a question only you could answer thoroughly and with the tact it deserves.

Thanks to whoever had moved these posts. What an absolute drongo this guy is. Regardless of if he's a member or not he's makes a silly financial choice then tries to justify it with personal attacks lol. Pathetic.

Would a plane REALLY take off on a treadmill? I kind of feel like it would but then what if the treadmill is going really really fast? It just feels like a question only you could answer thoroughly and with the tact it deserves.
Mythbusters already answered it. You're not reaching hard enough.

I'd say it's this guy's right to be as stupid with his money as he wantts, and to support the club in whichever way works for him, no matter how unhelpful.

I do have a vague recollection of Noidenous going into bat for the umpires in more than one match day thread, (not trying to blacken his name!) so he's clearly not afraid of publicly going against the grain, which takes a special sort of character. I may be wrong but I thought perhaps he was involved with umpiring at some level. Maybe this explains why he'd rather contribute to the AFL than solely to the club.

Rather than trying to pick a fight with him, maybe someone should ask "what would persuade you to buy a $50+ membership?"

Noidenous: what would... etc?
Congratulations, you're the first person to actually sit back and pick up on there perhaps being more at play. I didn't reply this morning because I was busy running late for work.

Quite frankly, every response up that point wasn't even worth the time of day, even from the thread creator. Apparently there's no such thing as membership shaming, hahaha haha.

No, I'm not an umpire, and I'm in no way involved with the AFL. It's amazing that I have to categorically state that each and every time such a scenario arises. Aside from immediate economics, when one takes into account things like league stats, scheduling, league marketing etc. it's actually better to appear neutral to the larger competition. Let's not even get into factors like league revenue sharing and sustainability forecasts.

The idea that supporting a club exists solely in the realm of getting discounted seats and saving oneself a pittance -- or the funds going directly to the club -- is the true idiotic perspective. When there's 40,000 members and only 20,000 total people turn up to each home game, I question the member's support. Yes, there's overseas and interstate fans, but there's something fundamentally flawed in the culture of this club's local supporters.

It's easy for a bunch of knob-goblins to get a discount and 5 minutes talking s**t to a player who shouldn't have to endure it, then stroke themselves into a frenzy because they're too near-sighted to see beyond the trees. Of course, moderators think sweeping the statement under the rug is easier than controlling them.
Thanks to whoever had moved these posts. What an absolute drongo this guy is. Regardless of if he's a member or not he's makes a silly financial choice then tries to justify it with personal attacks lol. Pathetic.

Congratulations, you're the first person to actually sit back and pick up on there perhaps being more at play. I didn't reply this morning because I was busy running late for work.

Quite frankly, every response up that point wasn't even worth the time of day, even from the thread creator. Apparently there's no such thing as membership shaming, hahaha haha.

No, I'm not an umpire, and I'm in no way involved with the AFL. It's amazing that I have to categorically state that each and every time such a scenario arises. Aside from immediate economics, when one takes into account things like league stats, scheduling, league marketing etc. it's actually better to appear neutral to the larger competition. Let's not even get into factors like league revenue sharing and sustainability forecasts.

The idea that supporting a club exists solely in the realm of getting discounted seats and saving oneself a pittance -- or the funds going directly to the club -- is the true idiotic perspective. When there's 40,000 members and only 20,000 total people turn up to each home game, I question the member's support. Yes, there's overseas and interstate fans, but there's something fundamentally flawed in the culture of this club's local supporters.

It's easy for a bunch of knob-goblins to get a discount and 5 minutes talking s**t to a player who shouldn't have to endure it, then stroke themselves into a frenzy because they're too near-sighted to see beyond the trees. Of course, moderators think sweeping the statement under the rug is easier than controlling them.
What are you quoting me for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say it's this guy's right to be as stupid with his money as he wantts, and to support the club in whichever way works for him, no matter how unhelpful.

I do have a vague recollection of Noidenous going into bat for the umpires in more than one match day thread, (not trying to blacken his name!) so he's clearly not afraid of publicly going against the grain, which takes a special sort of character. I may be wrong but I thought perhaps he was involved with umpiring at some level. Maybe this explains why he'd rather contribute to the AFL than solely to the club.

Rather than trying to pick a fight with him, maybe someone should ask "what would persuade you to buy a $50+ membership?"

Noidenous: what would... etc?
Congratulations, you're the first person to actually sit back and pick up on there perhaps being more at play and I say that without any irony. I didn't reply this morning because I was busy running late for work.

Quite frankly, every response up to that point wasn't even worth the time of day, even from the thread creator. Apparently there's no such thing as membership shaming, hahaha haha ha ha.

The idea that supporting a club exists solely in the realm of getting discounted seats and saving oneself a pittance -- or the funds going directly to the club -- is the true idiotic perspective. When there's 40,000 members and only 20,000 total people turn up to each home game, I question the member's support. Yes, there's overseas and interstate fans, but there's something fundamentally flawed in the culture of this club's local supporters (look at this forum on match days). Far too much victim mentality going on, and it's reflected in the membership drives. 'If you don't buy a membership, we'll certainly fold, for sure, we swear, the league's against us, you better just do it or you'll be to blame when it happens.'

It's easy for a bunch of knob-goblins to get a discount and 5 minutes talking s**t to a player who shouldn't have to endure it, then stroke themselves into a frenzy because they're too near-sighted to see beyond the trees. Of course, moderators think moving the entire conversation outside of the wider public eye is easier than controlling said mob.

And these people supposedly represent the club...

What are you quoting me for
Context.

Last edited:
Holy s**t where are you even getting this crap from. It's basically the rantings of a mad man with a serious persecution complex.

I've seen a lot of stupid crap on the internet over my life and this is seriously up there with the worst of it.

Holy s**t where are you even getting this crap from. It's basically the rantings of a mad man with a serious persecution complex.

I've seen a lot of stupid crap on the internet over my life and this is seriously up there with the worst of it.
It's okay mate the notion of rational thought has completely slipped this blokes mind. Seems to keep reaching at straws telling us it's all about membership however when you strip it back and base the discussion purely on what you're getting for what you pay for, it seems pretty evident to everyone with a pulse that he's made a pretty poor financial choice.

This is what is being discussed;

It's
Option A) Store X sells half a dozen apples for $5.00
Option B) Store Y sells a dozen apples for $5.00

One store gives you double the amount for the same price. Now I don't even need to think about which one I'm going for, as I can get more for the same price choosing Option B, rather than choosing option A and spending more for no reason whatsoever.

It's intriguing! It really is. I've come across people like this guy before and wouldn't ever trust them with my finances let me tell you lol.

Let me put the question to you, Periphery. You have two options. You can either keep doing what you're doing which is A) Spend $30-40 a ticket for over half a dozen games and pay overall $250-300 on the season. Alternatively however, you could pay $240 and get to see 11 games instead. Now if you're spending $300 and up a year on tickets, and there's cheaper options out there but you refuse, it tells me money isn't an issue for you. If you're going to over half a dozen games what it also tells me is that you go to your fair share of games. I am having trouble understanding what extras you get out of 8 tickets at the gate that your standard H&A member doesn't. If you support a football club, and you go to their games during the year, I'd say the 11 gamer would be a no-brainer, don't you think? I mean, to simply pay more for less is baffling, is it not!? Interesting.

It's not a very compelling argument if you're trying to tell me 8 games is better value than 11 for the same price. I think you'd be a shoddy salesman. And if you believe what you say then you must either be one of ignorant, stubborn, or just plain stupid. And I think from the responses that have been received it's pretty evident that it isn't us that's the problem, it's you! C'mon Periphery, get a grip pal! You can leave your ego at the door...it's okay. I don't know what the club did to you that was so terribly damaging (it must've been a god damn horrific experience), but surely we can move past it!

:rolleyes:

It's okay mate the notion of rational thought has completely slipped this blokes mind. Seems to keep reaching at straws telling us it's all about membership however when you strip it back and base the discussion purely on what you're getting for what you pay for, it seems pretty evident to everyone with a pulse that he's made a pretty poor financial choice.

This is what is being discussed;

It's
Option A) Store X sells half a dozen apples for $5.00
Option B) Store Y sells a dozen apples for $5.00

One store gives you double the amount for the same price. Now I don't even need to think about which one I'm going for, as I can get more for the same price choosing Option B, rather than choosing option A and spending more for no reason whatsoever.

It's intriguing! It really is. I've come across people like this guy before and wouldn't ever trust them with my finances let me tell you lol.

Let me put the question to you, Periphery. You have two options. You can either keep doing what you're doing which is A) Spend $30-40 a ticket for over half a dozen games and pay overall $250-300 on the season. Alternatively however, you could pay $240 and get to see 11 games instead. Now if you're spending $300 and up a year on tickets, and there's cheaper options out there but you refuse, it tells me money isn't an issue for you. If you're going to over half a dozen games what it also tells me is that you go to your fair share of games. I am having trouble understanding what extras you get out of 8 tickets at the gate that your standard H&A member doesn't. If you support a football club, and you go to their games during the year, I'd say the 11 gamer would be a no-brainer, don't you think? I mean, to simply pay more for less is baffling, is it not!? Interesting.

It's not a very compelling argument if you're trying to tell me 8 games is better value than 11 for the same price. I think you'd be a shoddy salesman. And if you believe what you say then you must either be one of ignorant, stubborn, or just plain stupid. And I think from the responses that have been received it's pretty evident that it isn't us that's the problem, it's you! C'mon Periphery, get a grip pal! You can leave your ego at the door...it's okay. I don't know what the club did to you that was so terribly damaging (it must've been a god damn horrific experience), but surely we can move past it!

:rolleyes:
The amount saved is a joke, and - as stated, conveniently ignored - there's other factors at play. This isn't your little sales pitch, is it? What a finance wizard, busting out the old linear graphs from Year 9.

I don't care about my own personal spending or the cost per game, you moron. How many times does that have to be pointed out?

Some see the larger picture and others like to pat themself on the back.

Last edited:
I don't care about my own personal spending, you moron. This isn't your little sales pitch, is it?

How many times does that have to be pointed out?
Lol I wasn't even talking to you. We understand your childish reasoning, you can leave now.

'I'll be the forum marketing guy, Mr Finnis. I'll do a good job, sir. I'll turn every perceived negative into a positive. Is my finger hurting your prostate, Mr Finnis?'
Hahahahaha

How does it rate against attempted membership shaming?

The notion that one's own funds should not be subject to their own whims, perhaps?
You know what I agree. Your attempt was pretty poor actually and I think you could belittle us better for purchasing memberships.

Better is the right word correct? Perhaps stronger. Sorry, i just get kind of all flustered in these internet lingo discussions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back