Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
At some stage this year if he isn't already Paddy is going to be banging the door down and if he can't get because Roo is playing then sorry Nick....but it's someone else's turn. We can't lose a ten year key forward trying to squeeze every minute of out a 34 or 35 year old. I said it the other day but you are kidding yourself if you think Paddy is just going to happily sit by and wait for the great man to retire.

Some are going to say "we can move him to the wing". Then which midfielder do you want to miss out? Acres? Sinclair?

Been one of my favourites since he started and almost dragged us to a flag but it's about the team and the next 10 years now.

Don't expect that to be received well but that's the way I see it.

3 weeks ago most people said Roo was our most important player now we are happy to see him go. If Paddy is good enough he will play. We don't need to retire Roo because of Paddy.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
No wonder at all.

There's a group of petulant nobodies who can't handle having their ideas and values openly challenged. All the while, expecting to be placed on a pedestal for their 'insight'.
Those petulant nobodies aren't picking the side each week. I would suggest the insight belongs to those happy to lose Roo not those who think he should continue to play if good enough. Its not to insightful to want our best player for 20 years to continue. Its actually pretty mundane and slightly boring.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
No wonder at all.

There's a group of petulant nobodies who can't handle having their ideas and values openly challenged.

Perhaps, but you seem to come on here and hitch your wagon to any controversial counter argument and therefore try to prove others wrong instead of actually debating or adding value.

It's like you are the self-appointed school master who's job it is to put us all in our place.

Deny it if you want, but it's what you do. By simply referring to people - most of them very good people, as petulant nobodies just gives the game away. It just shows your level of arrogance towards others.

Or maybe you have your own issues to deal with and feel better about yourself by belittling others?

Chances are that most of these nobodies have achieved more and done more in life than you ever will.

Maybe you should start a Big Mensa or Big Illuminati forum and give us nobodies a spell from your wit and intellect?

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
200.gif
Thanks for posting this photo of yourself. I'm not surprised you have a mouth like flapping labia, given what you come across as.

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
Perhaps, but you seem to come on here and hitch your wagon to any controversial counter argument and therefore try to prove others wrong instead of actually debating or adding value.

It's like you are the self-appointed school master who's job it is to put us all in our place.

Deny it if you want, but it's what you do. By simply referring to people - most of them very good people, as petulant nobodies just gives the game away. It just shows your level of arrogance towards others.

Or maybe you have your own issues to deal with and feel better about yourself by belittling others?

Chances are that most of these nobodies have achieved more and done more in life than you ever will.

Maybe you should start a Big Mensa or Big Illuminati forum and give us nobodies a spell from your wit and intellect?
Spare us your psychobabble.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Not that I want to get into this endlessly again, but that's obviously not true, because here is one of your comments on the matter leading into the game against GWS:

then 4 days later:

So even if you just go by that one game he's clearly shown more than you thought he would. He dominated a guy who has monstered Hick in the ruck contests in the past and it was potentially the difference between wining and losing the game, as they weren't getting silver-service out of the midfield all night, like they otherwise might have. He then comfortably beat Kreuzer and Casboult in the ruck contests the following week, and the week before the Mumford game, he got well on top of an in-form McEvoy in the ruck contests as the game wore on.

You were bagging Longer out so much leading into the GWS game I think it was that you were even saying that his ruckwork is poor, yet in the last 4 games Billy has on his own had more hitouts than the other team combined in each of those 4 games. More than Mac and O'Brien v Hawthorn, more than Mumford and Lobb v GWS, more than Kreuzer and Casboult v Carlton and more than Sinclair and Tippett combined on the weekend. And that's all in spite of the fact that in those 4 games whoever has rucked against Gilbo has dominated the hitouts during those periods, since Sam has had just 5 hitouts in those 4 games he's been doing the back-up rucking!

So the main two that Billy is rucking against for each game still haven't managed to have as many hitouts between the two of them as Billy has on his own, despite the fact that they get almost guaranteed hitouts (and I imagine a good % of their hitouts to advantage for the game) when they're rucking against Gilbo!

And in those 4 games we've won the clearances in each game, after we were from memory last for clearances after about 4 rounds, and despite the fact we've played two of the best midfields in the comp in the last 4 weeks, in Sydney and GWS.

Billy is very poor around the ground, but you're giving him no credit at all for what good work he's doing in the ruck, and what effect it's had on our ability to win clearances.

On the weekend he also had the 4th most pressure acts for us (twice as many as Sinclair) and also laid 5 tackles (5 times as many as Sinclair), so at least he's having a serious crack at the things he has the ability to contribute in.

Whoever we pick to play in the ruck is going to get dominated every couple of weeks or so in the area they're weak in though, so we're just going to have to get used to it, until either one of them really improves overall, we go a horses for courses policy, or we get someone in who is better overall than all the options we currently have.
Tl;dr.

All I can say is he was good in the hitouts in one game.

He has gotten worse and worse to the point Gilbert is a better option.

Longer at the moment is barely VFL level, and is only in the team because Hickey is injured.

Anyone saying Longer ia an AFL ruckman at the moment is deluded.

When the ball is in play we have 17 players he is so useless around the ground.

Gets ready for another half page of word salad that I wont bother reading.

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tl;dr.

Longer at the moment is barely VFL level, and is only in the team because Hickey is injured.

Quality post Joff. Keep it up!

Need to argue the topic not pot other posters Periphery.

FQFjt

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tl;dr.

You should read it. If you wanted an echo chamber, you're in the wrong place.

Back