Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

How is that playing the man? I never reaf his posts as they are tl ; so I dr.

But go ahead with your playing the man, they are worthwhile contributions

I didn't read this post because it's too long and is a word salad.

Despite that, I am right and you are clearly wrong.

*pats self on back for making a great contribution to this forum while telling others how to post*

Do any supporters on here get "tagged" at the footy by an opposition supporter?

Now, I talk a lot at the footy. I mean a lot. It's how I watch the game, not so much shouting but "they're out here, ooh Paddy got both hands to it, Newnes into the forward 50" that sort of stuff.

Every now and then this will annoy an opposition supporter sitting near me (doesn't happen at home games). This happened on the weekend and I kept getting dirty looks from a woman in front of me for being critical of the umpires and such and such. As the game was eking away in the last quarter I was just trying to keep myself entertained, so when Bob Murphy fluffed a kick I said audibly "That was a non-premiership player kick". That got her pretty upset.

Any other such stories?

With the inevitable sacking of Rob Harvey at the end of 2018, surely it's time to bring back Malcolm Blight as senior coach in 2019?

He's had 16 years to reflect on his errors and to reivent himself.

And with technology being the way it is, he no longer needs to fax his instructions through... he can now face time directly with players and assistants.

Discuss...

Here I was, a mouth full of chips and a finger just hovering over the cancel account button when this idea graced my eyeholes. Smashing I thought to myself as I instead mashed the like button with a fury unattained by man in all his days and achievements. Crumbs of fried potato settle upon the carpet, like the first snows warning the people to turn up their collars, pull their loved ones tight and pray for a merciful winter.

Outside a lone fluter plays. A sombre tune written for a loved girl who long ago left him for someone greater, someone without a flute perhaps. He will never know as he is both blind and deaf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad you feel it necessary to clog the board up with this thread, good on ya :thumbsu:
Lighten up.

No better than 97% of the bullshit posted on here recently.

Or maybe I should tow the company li e and stick the boots into players, coach and anyone else I can think of?

It's called a bit if fun.

Don't like it? Ignore it.

With the inevitable sacking of Rob Harvey at the end of 2018, surely it's time to bring back Malcolm Blight as senior coach in 2019?

He's had 16 years to reflect on his errors and to reivent himself.

And with technology being the way it is, he no longer needs to fax his instructions through... he can now face time directly with players and assistants.

Discuss...
Only if we can get Jayson Daniels as kicking skills coach....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm the same. I will normally commentate to myself by speaking the name of the player with the ball (in advance of him receiving it), his preferred kicking foot, his best option by foot in my opinion and the name of the person receiving the next kick. So it might sound something like this..."Webster, left foot, switch long, good boy, Montagna, right foot, go long up the line, yes, Steven, draw and handball over the top, Billings, Left foot, to the square, Bruce...Yes, go back and kick it son". My wife has commented many times that I sound like a dork and need to keep that commentary in my head but, I often don't realize I'm doing it. I even do it with opposition teams if I know the players. Woven into my narration of the game would be the standard claims (always shouted) of "BALL", "GONE", "THAT'S A FREE EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK SIR", "THANK YOU UMP", plus a few humorous shots at opposition players (in my head anyway) like "HE'S BEEN DUCKING SINCE THE DOCTOR SLAPPED HIM, SIR".

Anyway, I went to a Saints v Eagles game once, and after a while the people around me had become aware that I was across almost EVERY player. At quarter time, a guy in front of me has obviously tuned into my narrative in a way that I know it's giving him the shits, but he just can't stop listening. And I know this because he's reacting to some of the wise cracks that I'm sending out. Anyway after one remark, he turns around and says to me "Mate, are you Nicky Winmar?" to which I responded "No. Are you Mick Malthouse?" which drew laughter from everyone who heard the exchange, including the people that accompanied him to the game.

Anyway, Saints played well for a good half in that game to lead into the main break, before rolling over in the second. In the second half every time the Eagles kicked a goal, this guy would turn and applaud at me. Sang the song facing me. And I copped one last sideways smug look as he filed out and left.

i can assure you that what you said is not the case. i already know i am not well liked on here because people find me overly critical, so if i did care about being liked on here why would i go about it by making another post that can be seen as being overly negative?

I never said it was anything to do with wanting to be liked. I think that sort of thread is intended to be more than provocative. It's meant to be a thread that becomes about the original poster, an everyone look at me thread.

It's not alone in that and I actually have no dislike of you as a poster, but, although I may be potentially overstating bigfootys status, given recent mental health issues being linked to social media I think your self indulgent thread could well resonate beyond the saints bf community and if it does it will only have a negative impact on the club.

I'd have been more than happy to discuss your question but why shine a light on it so publically, other than to provoke a reaction and making it all about you. I just think it's a shabby look.

I never said it was anything to do with wanting to be liked. I think that sort of thread is intended to be more than provocative. It's meant to be a thread that becomes about the original poster, an everyone look at me thread.

It's not alone in that and I actually have no dislike of you as a poster, but, although I may be potentially overstating bigfootys status, given recent mental health issues being linked to social media I think your self indulgent thread could well resonate beyond the saints bf community and if it does it will only have a negative impact on the club.

I'd have been more than happy to discuss your question but why shine a light on it so publically, other than to provoke a reaction and making it all about you. I just think it's a shabby look.

huh? i am confused. what do you mean by that?

please tell me you're not trying to link a thread about McCartin to Alex Fasolo's depression and the impact social media has had on him?

huh? i am confused. what do you mean by that?

please tell me you're not trying to link a thread about McCartin to Alex Fasolo's depression and the impact social media has had on him?
As if you're confused. However I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you're not just trying to shine a torch on yourself some more.

I think recent reports prove that players, their families, and club staff read this sort of crap. Probably not every post, but enough so an ill timed headline like yours will be picked up. That's why I say you care more about self aggrandising than you do about the club.

Have some thought of the players as people before you start threads like that is the point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back