Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

uhhh

The Bay is meant for trolling.

If we're gonna quote him here we should probably expect him to reply.
Am I not allowed to quote him though? That's what he took exception to. I didn't get upset, or criticise him, I didn't ask him to stop or get upset with him, just pointed out his thread/OP as an example of what we can expect by appointing SL.

He came onto our board and told me not to quote him and tried to start something using the M-bomb, could have just left it but acted precious like a child. Why?

If Bay 13 is not supposed to be quoted, I'll accept I broke the rules.

Am I not allowed to quote him though? That's what he took exception to. I didn't ask him to stop or get upset with him, just pointed out his thread/OP as an example of what we can expect by appointing SL.

He came onto our board and told me not to quote him and tried to start something using the M-bomb, could have just left it but acted precious like a child. Why?

It is meant to be quoted, I was just teasing you.
We have ourselves an internet tough guy on our hands fellas.
Not a tough guy, a smart arse.

I give the Bay a very wide berth.
Only quickly glanced over that place a few times and it seems to be filled with a lot of young blokes who are actually 40 yr old single blokes who still live with their mum .
images

Am I not allowed to quote him though? That's what he took exception to. I didn't get upset, or criticise him, I didn't ask him to stop or get upset with him, just pointed out his thread/OP as an example of what we can expect by appointing SL.

Definitely take the name out of the quote next time otherwise we get the rubbish we've all just had to read.

Definitely take the name out of the quote next time otherwise we get the rubbish we've all just had to read.

You're not supposed to quote someone from another board unless you remove their name from the quote, leaving only what they've said, not their identity.

Otherwise, things don't tend to go well, like we've seen here.
s**t, thanks guys. I guess I owe that Cats troll an apology. I'm sorry, Cats troll. This has been a learning experience.

s**t, thanks guys. I guess I owe that Cats troll an apology. I'm sorry, Cats troll. This has been a learning experience.
You owe him nothing he was a twat

I’m not sure why, but it seems that this place has recently become an echo chamber for guys to rag on the AFLW, and pat each other on the back for doing it. And so, allow me to offer some counter points some of the common complaints that seem to keep coming up -

“The standard isn’t as good as the men” - Well, no shot. Of course it isn’t. But that’s not the point. The point of the competition is not to compare the men’s and women’s games, but to see the best female players in the country compete in a sport we all love. It’d be like watching Cathy Freeman winning the 400m at the Sydney Olympics, and rather than celebrate, saying ‘Who cares? Michael Johnson is way faster!’.

“I’m sick of it being shoved down my throat! I’m refusing to watch!” - Uh, ok. Fine. If you don’t want to watch, good for you. I don’t watch Game of Thrones, but I don’t brag about it like it’s a badge of honour. And no one is ‘shoving it down your throat’. They’re promoting the game, which, considering crowd numbers etc, seems to be working. But unless the AFL has sent someone to your house to make sure you’re tuning in, then no one is ‘shoving it down your throat’.

“You can’t even criticise it without being shouted down and bullied!” - No, no one is bullying you or accusing you of being sexist or un-PC. What you’re upset about is that you’ve said something, and it hasn’t been met with universal acclaim. In the days of Instagram and Facebook, we’re all so used to being praised for every little thing. A photo of a sandwich you had for lunch = a guaranteed 30 likes. Well, discussion forums don’t work that way. People will disagree, the way many people will disagree with this post. That’s ok, people have different opinions. You’re not being victimised, so just relax.

End rant.
Cool story bro. You don't watch Game of Thrones... clearly a weirdo

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have watched quite a few games of male football that could be described as rubbish. Plenty with the RWB featured as well. But I keep going back to that trough. If you don't like watching female football then don't watch it. Simples. Just stop walking around bagging it, cause you sound just like people who play/follow other sports who take the piss out of Australian Rules. Guess what advice I have for them?
I don't watch it. Who do you think you are telling me I can't bag it? I have the right to call a spade a spade. It's trash.. get over it

I don't watch it. Who do you think you are telling me I can't bag it? I have the right to call a spade a spade. It's trash.. get over it

You remind me of posters who come on here and call us the 'aints. Or my rugby mates who call AFL players weak. You can call it rubbish, you just come across as dickish for saying it. Go on though, trample the womens competition because it doesn't conform with your view of what football should look like. Just don't expect us to sit back and enjoy your input into this conversation.

You remind me of posters who come on here and call us the 'aints. Or my rugby mates who call AFL players weak. You can call it rubbish, you just come across as dickish for saying it. Go on though, trample the womens competition because it doesn't conform with your view of what football should look like. Just don't expect us to sit back and enjoy your input into this conversation.
Keep saying 'us' because I don't conform to your PC views. Your making my point even stronger. There is a misconception that you are not a good person unless you like Womens AFL.

I also love the NBA and cannot stand the NBL. But I suppose that's ok because NBL is the poor 'mens' version? Do I have to like AFLX to Mr.Almighty? Or is the only poor version of a sport that I 'have to' like womens football?

^^ sorry I'm just trying to clarify these rules I must conform to??

I'm not asking you to conform to anything. If you don't like the NBL then you would be dickish if you head over to an NBL internet forum and tell them how much you dislike their competition compared to the NBA, just because it's horrible in your point of view, and filled with unwanted, unskilled players, with poor athleticism and no flair. Posters there will NOT appreciate your point of view for the same reason I don't appreciate yours here.

But what is the point of your remarks? If you think the level of womens footy is substandard but have some ideas for how it may be improved then I'm all ears. If you've just come here to bash the sport and everyone associated with it because it doesn't please you I'm calling you out. The same way we call out posters who come here and bash the Saints.

You are allowed to NOT like the womens game. I am allowed to NOT like your point of view. In your own words get over it.

I'm not asking you to conform to anything. If you don't like the NBL then you would be dickish if you head over to an NBL internet forum and tell them how much you dislike their competition compared to the NBA, just because it's horrible in your point of view, and filled with unwanted, unskilled players, with poor athleticism and no flair. Posters there will NOT appreciate your point of view for the same reason I don't appreciate yours here.

But what is the point of your remarks? If you think the level of womens footy is substandard but have some ideas for how it may be improved then I'm all ears. If you've just come here to bash the sport and everyone associated with it because it doesn't please you I'm calling you out. The same way we call out posters who come here and bash the Saints.

You are allowed to NOT like the womens game. I am allowed to NOT like your point of view. In your own words get over it.
That's a terrible comparison. The right comparison would be me going to an NBA board and bagging NBL. Im currently in a AFL board bagging AFLW. Keep up mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back