Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh for gods sake can you cut it out with the 'holier than thou' crap directed towards people who aren't melting in place like you are?

>These comments do nothing to address the years of mediocrity

Implying anyones comments do?

>in fact they seem to support mediocrity.

Piss off no one supports mediocrity.

Richo has no plan B

Richo can't develop players

Our list sucks

The club hasn't released a feature film explaining what went wrong on Friday

Don't worry everyone i have addressed the mediocrity, expect major improvement this weekend.

>On top of that the club has set its own expectations, as I’ve alrwady said saints supporters are remarkably resilient, especially so when we’re told honestly where we are at. So Friday’s result is either a lie from the club about our current state or a complete misstep, either way they should be held accountable, they might not owe us a flag but they owe us that.

You are drastically overestimating both the impact of what is said on this forum as well as what is being said in it.

Nothing said here holds the club to account. It is comments on an online forum and nothing more. Those not imploding are not letting the club off the hook and those who are are not holding the club to account. Its just posts on a virtual wall. So stop implying that anyone who isn't mashing their keyboard are somehow letting the club off the hook.

Nobody is happy with Fridays result.

Stop saying that some people are.

Jesus talk about a melt.

Mate if your going to act like you're a better supporter or more emotionally invested than others because you whinge on an internet forum then don't sook even more if someone calls you out on it.

I’m not better than anyone, I just don’t want another 50 years without a flag or decade of not playing finals and I’m not going to come on big footy and pretend it’s a privilege to support this club when they play such insipid footy. My point was not about who is a better or more invested supporter it was that accepting the status quo and not being allowed to vent over shitful performances is a huge part of our problem as a club, we have a reputation amongst others as being happy with close enough and that can’t stand.

Mate if you tell someone they support losing and contribute to mediocrity do you think the implication is that you're a better supporter and more emotionally invested?

Because i'd say it does.

I actually said I’m completely uninvested this season after that display. I’m not a better supporter than anyone but people not reeling from that loss aren’t helping either.

This looks a lot like you’ve come into a discussion that 4 people had about 2 hours late with nothing to add.

I’m not better than anyone, I just don’t want another 50 years without a flag or decade of not playing finals and I’m not going to come on big footy and pretend it’s a privilege to support this club when they play such insipid footy. My point was not about who is a better or more invested supporter it was that accepting the status quo and not being allowed to vent over shitful performances is a huge part of our problem as a club, we have a reputation amongst others as being happy with close enough and that can’t stand.

>it was that accepting the status quo and not being allowed to vent over shitful performances is a huge part of our problem as a club,

Is it though? And aren't you?

Because id suggest that of all the problems at St Kilda right now supporters 'not being allowed to vent' is pretty low down on the scale.

On that the last 70 pages suggest posters can vent all they want. I think you are misinterpreting posters disagreeing with what you are venting over with 'posters aren't letting me vent'

>it was that accepting the status quo and not being allowed to vent over shitful performances is a huge part of our problem as a club,

Is it though? And aren't you?

Because id suggest that of all the problems at St Kilda right now supporters 'not being allowed to vent' is pretty low down on the scale.

On that the last 70 pages suggest posters can vent all they want. I think you are misinterpreting posters disagreeing with what you are venting over with 'posters aren't letting me vent'

It’s an effort to have missed the point of that discussion by as much as you have, ironically a large part of the discussion we had a few hours ago was about people NOT interpreting other people’s thoughts.

I actually said I’m completely uninvested this season after that display. I’m not a better supporter than anyone but people not reeling from that loss aren’t helping either.

This looks a lot like you’ve come into a discussion that 4 people had about 2 hours late with nothing to add.
You see to me it looks like back peddling when you've been called out for your passive aggressive attitude to certain posters on here.

If you tell someone they support losing don't go and say 'oh but i didn't mean to imply im a better supporter'

If i told someone they support St Kilda losing and contribute to mediocrity and genuinely believed that to be true you bet i'd think I'm a better supporter than they are.

On that do you really not think you're a better supporter than one you think supports losing?

Thats a little weird.

It’s an effort to have missed the point of that discussion by as much as you have, ironically a large part of the discussion we had a few hours ago was about people NOT interpreting other people’s thoughts.
That discussion was literally people telling you thats that what you were doing.

But deflect all you want. Don't address the points.

That discussion was literally people telling you thats that what you were doing.

But deflect all you want. Don't address the points.

So now we’re having a discussion about me addressing your points like I owe you that.

I had the discussion you read it, go do it with someone else cause this isn’t worth my time.

So now we’re having a discussion about me addressing your points like I owe you that.

I had the discussion you read it, go do it with someone else cause this isn’t worth my time.
giphy.gif

we already are a laughing stock and i'm not being flippant here. we are an utter joke. walk into a sports bar with a saints polo on and 5 minutes will tell you that!!!

the point on the walk out was an extreme. i.e. it happens when the club is already a massive laughing stock. i'm not talking about the level we have now. i'm talking about literally daily discussions on talk back radio about how bad we are. i'm talking about looking like not playing finals next year. everyone utterly fed up with the joint and demanding change. in other words, last resort territory of enacting change.
Quite funny given you don't attend games...

congratulations, you couldnt even comprehend my post. go re-read it. i am talking about the extreme in which that situation would be needed.

it has nothing to do with sooking. its the opposite. its taking a stand to enforce change when nothing is happening in extreme circumstances.

sooking is crying about peoples criticism of the club and coach. cause the big bad internet said something bad about poor little richo.
Now you're really being a dick.

If you are half serious, get on a plane, go to the club and vent. I'll even pick you up.

But you won't because you're full of it mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolded is hilariously delusional.

You are not the victim here. You have made rubbish up about others and then sook when called out.

Everyone you argued with, VDS, P66, Watto and others, all were scathing over the performance.

Including me. My posts were as scathing as everyone else. Why?

Because it was deserved. However when you mis intrepret and misquote other posts, you look silly and hysterical.

You have been told to do something if you are so incensed. Join a coterie, or other groups in the club. Are you a member of the Sydney supporters group.

But dont think moaning on an internet forum will do anything. We all vented we all had our say, none of us 'accept mediocrity' all of us make a choice to support the club.

If you dont want to get involved in the club, the only thing you can control is if you want to

a) be a member
b) support the club.

Whining like an EH diff on a non consequential fan site will do nothing.

Attacking felow supporters intimating you are somehow a better supporter than them and DEMAND excellence and others dont (like you flooishly accused me of) wont make the team better. May make you feel superior, but that is a falsehood.

So your choice, like it is my choice, and every single supporters choice of every club, you elect to support the club or dont support the club.

Thats it. Thats why membership at the Saints is low. We aren't successful. Thats the choice people make.

Really nothing else is relevant, especially on a pissant silly little place like this.

I clearly understood, desperate times, it seems many just assume any criticism is bad for the club etc. the naivety and blind optimism is infuriating.
Problem with your argument all day is that you are making assumptions that because we don't go all crazy, we either don't care or accept mediocrity.

Your constant twisting of things is both droll and dishonest.

If I was in the trenches, I'd choose P66 and a few others over the hysterical adolescents on here.

Heaven forbid they act like this in real life.

congratulations, you couldnt even comprehend my post. go re-read it. i am talking about the extreme in which that situation would be needed.

it has nothing to do with sooking. its the opposite. its taking a stand to enforce change when nothing is happening in extreme circumstances.

sooking is crying about peoples criticism of the club and coach. cause the big bad internet said something bad about poor little richo.

Bolded part :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

We have all taken a stand to enforce change.

Richo has read this thread and has taken it on board.

Really mate fair dinkum, you take yourself seriously :laughing:

Hold on, we’re all in agreement it was an insipid performance, we’re all in agreement what we have continued to dish up is appalling and shitful but me and StCicatriz are the bad guys for suggesting something needs to change? For being infuriated by what appears to be a bunch of supporters going “oh well, can’t do much about it”.

Now I remember why I don’t bother coming in the team board.

Hold on, we’re all in agreement it was an insipid performance, we’re all in agreement what we have continued to dish up is appalling and shitful but me and StCicatriz are the bad guys for suggesting something needs to change? For being infuriated by what appears to be a bunch of supporters going “oh well, can’t do much about it”.

Now I remember why I don’t bother coming in the team board.

So do I. You make no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the review was of breast groping or shagging in a corporate box. Gil just got his mate a job when he got too embarrassing for the AFL to keep. He's just killing time until enough passes. He's started sitting in the box so people know he actually does something. Guys like Lethlean are ex lawyer flogs who just come up with concepts then wave a hand and expect underlings to execute them. Same as Finnis, lets get Peta Searle in then just give her a token role, lets start being friends to everyone and not really worry about football. Vanilla board, vanilla coaching staff, vanilla list.

Your entitled to your option Gringo2011 like i am but your wrong have got anything positive to say obviously not stop whinging on a forum write an email to the club & try & get some action going other wise bugger off.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not foil hat brigade, the oh **** we still have no idea what we're doing brigade. I just want a tiny bit of success or if we can't even muster that....just glimmers of hope. It's not ground breaking but it's certainly very depressing and hard to argue with.

I can't see what our list management strategy is, I can't see any real planning to fix anything and I can't see any systems.

Our greatest achievement in the last 8 years was getting someone to give us money to move back to our old house because we ****** the bedsit in Frankston we moved to up. I'm getting tired of holding out.

They are a seriously frustrating club to follow, I feel like the whole place runs on a multitude of people bluffing that they are in control.
Mid life crisis of sorts?

Your entitled to your option Gringo2011 like i am but your wrong have got anything positive to say obviously not stop whinging on a forum write an email to the club & try & get some action going other wise bugger off.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not really your call to be telling people to bugger off,think most on here enjoy reading Gringo2011 post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back