Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

So YOUR one of those pedantic types who pick at simple non important things like that . This isn’t an English assessment
English is a tool of communication. Just like any tool, if you use it poorly, the results will be poor too. In this case you just look like an uneducated dumb-ass. This makes your opinion less respectable. You can bitch about it or rail against it, but that is it. You don't think it's important, good for you.

But let's face it, even with perfect English, you're unlikely to garner much respect for your opinions, because they're mostly whinging or poorly thought out.

English is a tool of communication. Just like any tool, if you use it poorly, the results will be poor too. In this case you just look like an uneducated dumb-ass. This makes your opinion less respectable. You can bitch about it or rail against it, but that is it. You don't think it's important, good for you.

But let's face it, even with perfect English, you're unlikely to garner much respect for your opinions, because they're mostly whinging or poorly thought out.
In Life’s journey I have been fortunate to interact with people much smarter than myself.
And I’ve been smart enough to learn from them.
I will always remember an anecdote from my academic exposure to a guru in effective communication from the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago.
Effectively: it’s the responsibility of the communicator to make themselves understood. It doesn’t matter how smart you are, if you cannot be understood then you will be ignored.
Great definition of effective communication, yes?
Anyway, there are posters here that commit all sorts of sins with respect to that definition.
But I’ve learned to live with that: particular as I have become familiar with the rhythm of their language, and the quality of their input.
We have some amazing diamonds in the rough, and are better for their presence.

But at the same time there are posters who are just lazy.
These people will, sadly, never change.
And will wonder why their input is not appreciated.

In Life’s journey I have been fortunate to interact with people much smarter than myself.
And I’ve been smart enough to learn from them.
I will always remember an anecdote from my academic exposure to a guru in effective communication from the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago.
Effectively: it’s the responsibility of the communicator to make themselves understood. It doesn’t matter how smart you are, if you cannot be understood then you will be ignored.
Great definition of effective communication, yes?
Anyway, there are posters here that commit all sorts of sins with respect to that definition.
But I’ve learned to live with that: particular as I have become familiar with the rhythm of their language, and the quality of their input.
We have some amazing diamonds in the rough, and are better for their presence.

But at the same time there are posters who are just lazy.
These people will, sadly, never change.
And will wonder why their input is not appreciated.
We also have to remember that not everyone comes from a background where English is their first language or there may be barriers that stop them effectively communicating in writing, which by the way is not the most effective form of communication. You could be an English lit professor and it could still be interpreted the wrong way by everyone on here.

For example there was a poster on another board who wrote pretty poorly. English was not his first language. Overtime you could see it improve which was pretty cool but he was regularly potted for it. People assumed because his English was poor that meant he wasn't intelligent or he didn't have anything worthwhile to post. He was eventually driven off the board because he criticised the club.

People need to remember it's a forum not an English exam.

Iz be keepin it realz

Iz be keepin it realz
It’s funny though because as this is an Internet forum where who knows whom is whom my diction is actually brilliant and opens doors for me daily into places in business and life I never imagined possible . It’s the ******* internet where words don’t matter how they’re written or whether a comma is missing .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same people on here who not pick about ones spelling or clarity or sentence are the same bored old men who would tell off a school kid for walking on their lawn or not throwing the paper close enough to their front door . Get busier people and s**t matters less

Though Richo frustrates the shizen out of me sometimes its hard not to respect the way he goes about it and admire his willingness to cop it to improve...

Hope it goes well for us and him this year
And all for just 700k+ a year. What a martyr. Where else would he get that sort of salary? I'd cop a bit for his deal. Having said that, I believe we're going to surprise many this year.

And all for just 700k+ a year. What a martyr. Where else would he get that sort of salary? I'd cop a bit for his deal. Having said that, I believe we're going to surprise many this year.

I can think of a good list of players who get more than that but deserve it less.
He's a senior AFL coach and gets paid commensurate.

People criticised him saying he didn't take the responsibility, when he does, you brush it aside with that crap.
As long as he doesn't get the kind of 100% performance bonus we see in big business ( just after they post a huge loss ) I'm happy.

I can think of a good list of players who get more than that but deserve it less.

People criticised him saying he didn't take the responsibility, when he does, you brush it aside with that crap.
As long as he doesn't get the kind of 100% performance bonus we see in big business ( just after they post a huge loss ) I'm happy.
Happy to see him succeed. He's been cuckold by Ratten, so I'm happy. The club is heading in the right direction IMHO. He is the coach in name only. Good gig if you can get it.

I know we butt heads but this is a ripper post.

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I know we butt heads but this is a ripper post.

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Ever noticed how all the upbeat news revolves around "Ratts" and "lades"? I desperately want the club to succeed, and if the CHO can claim some vicarious glory, good for him. Somehow I doubt he's up to it and one of the few factors that might hold us back. Happy to be proved wrong.

Happy to see him succeed. He's been cuckold by Ratten, so I'm happy. The club is heading in the right direction IMHO. He is the coach in name only. Good gig if you can get it.
That's a piece of bad judgement then since it seems it was Richo who told the club to target Ratten in the first place.

https://outline.com/EjU9SK

"THE GOOD MATE Brett Ratten

“We’ve had a strong relationship for a long time. I said to Lethers (head of football Simon Lethlean) we’ve got to get this bloke. It’s only early but he’s been bloody super. There’s enormous enthusiasm and energy around and those blokes have been strong in that space.’’

That's a piece of bad judgement then since it seems it was Richo who told the club to target Ratten in the first place.

https://outline.com/EjU9SK

"THE GOOD MATE Brett Ratten

“We’ve had a strong relationship for a long time. I said to Lethers (head of football Simon Lethlean) we’ve got to get this bloke. It’s only early but he’s been bloody super. There’s enormous enthusiasm and energy around and those blokes have been strong in that space.’’
That would imply that the previous assistants were useless and we can't have that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back