Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

I never implied you were a racist and I never would do that to anyone without knowing them.

Pathetic.
Don't worry George calling someone a racist in an internet argument is like calling someone Hitler 10 years ago. That's just conceding on the point and playing the man. Take your dignity and run I reckon.

did he. the reputationl damage not to mention the cost in what was the closest we've ever come to a flag. he's the worst thing we've ever done in my life time.
No. The pick we traded for Lovett wasn't winning us a grand final. If Lovett had played it would have been good, he ended up being a complete tosser but longterm that cost us pick 13 from one year. Watters almost costed our entire senior core group of players. A group that arguably contained 5 of the 10 or 15 best players in the comp. Had multiple grand final experience and would've passed on knowledge, leadership and work ethic to our kids for years to come. Instead all but Roo and Monty left or were forced out and it's showed. I'd completely agree that Watters is the worst appointment I've seen in my admittedly short life.

so what behavioral issues have parker and winmar had at their respective clubs?
This will be my last reply to you on this topic and any other topic for that matter. I'm done with discussing things on here with you after that.

You said Lovett had behavioural issues and you didn't want him.

Now I'll preface the rest of my post by saying it doesn't matter of the severity of the behavioural issue. You said behavioural issue. It could be anything. So I'm so sorry if I didn't extensively research the extent of their issues to form a good comparison with the extent of Lovett's, but that's not what this is about.

So anyway I thought to myself, off the top of my head, who are a couple of players that first come to mind when we think about behavioural issues. Mind you this is a football forum, not a supreme court, so I'm sorry if I didn't think longer than a few minutes before replying.

Okay, so I asked myself lets look at who is on the list now. Current day players. Who has spoken about their checkered past on many occasion. Matty Parker is the only player on the current list I can remember recently who has spoken about his struggles. So he is the first person that came to mind. Not because I am racist, as stupid as that assumption from you was, but because he is a player that instantly comes to mind. I've read articles in The Age and Hun with him being interviewed about his history. You know, because he's one of the most entertaining players we have he naturally will be spoken about more and the media love a feel good story so they'll publish more on him. Would he be the most spoken about player at our club this year? I think so. Every time he has been interviewed it has been brought up. So you know, repetition stays with you.

Then I thought who else? I loved Nicky Winmar, he was my favourite player growing up and the first number I had on my back. I have a picture of us when I was 7 framed in my bedroom. What I also know (vaguely) about Winmar was that he mucked around a bit as a teen, had some issues growing up. He spoke about it many a time in the media and he was on The Front Bar recently and when it was mentioned he discussed it in length. So you're right, I could've said Milne (who I mentioned before), Gehrig, Gram, Lawerence, but those players didn't resonate with me as much as Winmar did. So he was another who came to mind first.

And that's the extent of it.

What I have really gained from this experience however is a better look into the kind of person you are.

For years you have assumed what is happening at the club. You love a good conspiracy theory, saying at one point you thought the domino's were falling at Moorabbin amongst many other 'sky is falling' comments. You've held a consistent theme in your posting for a while now so in retrospect I shouldn't be surprised that you would automatically jump to the conclusion that I am racist because of what I said. I thought you'd have a bit more respect for me than that. But I guess not. You love the drama, probably addicted to it.

I never had a problem with you as a poster on here, in fact I agreed with you many times until you started to make wild guesses on people involved at the club and that has now got progressively worse over time, but yeah, I'm not going to take this crap from you. If I could put you on ignore I would, being a mod sometimes has it's limits. It's a shame really because you sometimes make good points and I sometimes like reading what you have to say, and I know it's a forum and we probably shouldn't really care too much what either of us has to say, but this really irks me. We have had robust discussions in the past and I have done so with other posters on here too. I like having a good respectful discussion about the Saints. We all have one common love and that is the football club. But one thing I've never done on here is go the personal route. I've never attacked someone like that personally and I never would. So I'm done with it. Enjoy.

Don't worry George calling someone a racist in an internet argument is like calling someone Hitler 10 years ago. That's just conceding on the point and playing the man. Take your dignity and run I reckon.
That's exactly what I'll be doing mate :thumbsu:

No. The pick we traded for Lovett wasn't winning us a grand final. If Lovett had played it would have been good, he ended up being a complete tosser but longterm that cost us pick 13 from one year. Watters almost costed our entire senior core group of players. A group that arguably contained 5 of the 10 or 15 best players in the comp. Had multiple grand final experience and would've passed on knowledge, leadership and work ethic to our kids for years to come. Instead all but Roo and Monty left or were forced out and it's showed. I'd completely agree that Watters is the worst appointment I've seen in my admittedly short life.
I’ve always wondered if Watters was the right appointment at the wrong time.

It’s key to remember the Newnes led kids loved him. The Roo led seniors hated him.

That’s the key issue.

did he. the reputationl damage not to mention the cost in what was the closest we've ever come to a flag. he's the worst thing we've ever done in my life time.
And if Lovett panned out we would be premiers. That I believe with all my being.

If I could go back in time, I would roll the dice over and over until it pans out

Andrew Lovett literally raped someone whilst employed at our club. Worst appointment we ever made that I wish we never did.

But you're right. Watters was sooooooo much worse.
You clown. Whybwoukd you go there?
wtf does parker or winmar have to do with it? why because they're indigenous, what a load of racist ********.

lovett had issues going right back to his days at east perth. i can inbox you if you like but its not something i want in the public space. but people knew way back then he was a flog.

but hey here's an article from essendon stating "Maybe one day the penny may drop and St Kilda might make it work ... but I don't know."

if you are likening watters, who had an unblemished record prior to joining the saints, to someone with well documented behavioural issues, who ended up being charged with assault twice, then i don't know what to say.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...800640999?sv=ce7246dd51368917931677f25641c5e6

Very unhinged mate. Got get some fresh air.

Infering that he's a racist.

Buffoon of the highest order.

This will be my last reply to you on this topic and any other topic for that matter. I'm done with discussing things on here with you after that.

You said Lovett had behavioural issues and you didn't want him.

Now I'll preface the rest of my post by saying it doesn't matter of the severity of the behavioural issue. You said behavioural issue. It could be anything. So I'm so sorry if I didn't extensively research the extent of their issues to form a good comparison with the extent of Lovett's, but that's not what this is about.

So anyway I thought to myself, off the top of my head, who are a couple of players that first come to mind when we think about behavioural issues. Mind you this is a football forum, not a supreme court, so I'm sorry if I didn't think longer than a few minutes before replying.

Okay, so I asked myself lets look at who is on the list now. Current day players. Who has spoken about their checkered past on many occasion. Matty Parker is the only player on the current list I can remember recently who has spoken about his struggles. So he is the first person that came to mind. Not because I am racist, as stupid as that assumption from you was, but because he is a player that instantly comes to mind. I've read articles in The Age and Hun with him being interviewed about his history. You know, because he's one of the most entertaining players we have he naturally will be spoken about more and the media love a feel good story so they'll publish more on him. Would he be the most spoken about player at our club this year? I think so. Every time he has been interviewed it has been brought up. So you know, repetition stays with you.

Then I thought who else? I loved Nicky Winmar, he was my favourite player growing up and the first number I had on my back. I have a picture of us when I was 7 framed in my bedroom. What I also know (vaguely) about Winmar was that he mucked around a bit as a teen, had some issues growing up. He spoke about it many a time in the media and he was on The Front Bar recently and when it was mentioned he discussed it in length. So you're right, I could've said Milne (who I mentioned before), Gehrig, Gram, Lawerence, but those players didn't resonate with me as much as Winmar did. So he was another who came to mind first.

And that's the extent of it.

What I have really gained from this experience however is a better look into the kind of person you are.

For years you have assumed what is happening at the club. You love a good conspiracy theory, saying at one point you thought the domino's were falling at Moorabbin amongst many other 'sky is falling' comments. You've held a consistent theme in your posting for a while now so in retrospect I shouldn't be surprised that you would automatically jump to the conclusion that I am racist because of what I said. I thought you'd have a bit more respect for me than that. But I guess not. You love the drama, probably addicted to it.

I never had a problem with you as a poster on here, in fact I agreed with you many times until you started to make wild guesses on people involved at the club and that has now got progressively worse over time, but yeah, I'm not going to take this crap from you. If I could put you on ignore I would, being a mod sometimes has it's limits. It's a shame really because you sometimes make good points and I sometimes like reading what you have to say, and I know it's a forum and we probably shouldn't really care too much what either of us has to say, but this really irks me. We have had robust discussions in the past and I have done so with other posters on here too. I like having a good respectful discussion about the Saints. We all have one common love and that is the football club. But one thing I've never done on here is go the personal route. I've never attacked someone like that personally and I never would. So I'm done with it. Enjoy.
Ripping post.

Ball left on his own accord. Not because the stkilda football club didn’t want him.

That’s another key fact that needs to be remembered.
Probably as a result of getting 40% tog in a grand final though tbf. Ball was pushed to the wayside by Ross for whatever reason and understandably wanted to leave but from what I'm aware of it could've been preventable.

wtf does parker or winmar have to do with it? why because they're indigenous, what a load of racist ********.

lovett had issues going right back to his days at east perth. i can inbox you if you like but its not something i want in the public space. but people knew way back then he was a flog.

but hey here's an article from essendon stating "Maybe one day the penny may drop and St Kilda might make it work ... but I don't know."

if you are likening watters, who had an unblemished record prior to joining the saints, to someone with well documented behavioural issues, who ended up being charged with assault twice, then i don't know what to say.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...800640999?sv=ce7246dd51368917931677f25641c5e6
Give it a rest FFS
that's P1SS POOR going down that line and just wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best if the last two pages are deleted.

Can we get back to business & talk about sacking Richo?

Yes, I nearly put my hand up to be a mod so I could give them both a week off :rolleyes:;)

Wonderful story mate.

Not about win/loss records at St.Kilda. If it was we'd have no supporters. It's about the fantastic players we've had, the characters we've had, and the loyal commitment of the fans. Trevor Barker is a perfect example of what being a St.Kilda person is all about. If people want premiership after premiership they should go and support one of the more successful clubs instead.

Sad to hear about your father. Much like your old man my dad copped plenty of racism in the 70's too, being a part of the large contingent of Greeks and Italians that migrated to Australia in the sixties. People like Winmar thankfully started to change that, especially in football where it was seemingly much more common. Aside from being indoctrinated to the Saints from birth, it was Winmar who made me nag my dad to go and watch games at Waverley.

My late father shaking cans outside Linton St to help the club financially in its darkest years. Standing on beer cans to get a better view in the pouring mud soaked Moorabbin just to see Plugger kick a bag. Supporting this club is heartfelt to a lot of people and some take supporting this football club for granted. It hurts to see them cop unjust criticism from both media and so called supporters, and if it wasn't for supporters like yourself or players like Trevor Barker we wouldn't even have the privilege of still being able to discuss the Saints.

"So-Called Supporters"

yeah i'm done here. what a joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back