Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

de-rail the thread... you brought it up! i merely asked what you were referring too!!!
I was referring to so called supporters.

I didn't derail the thread I was discussing reasons why I follow the Saints and I didn't even quote you.

Leave me alone mate.

I’ve always wondered if Watters was the right appointment at the wrong time.

It’s key to remember the Newnes led kids loved him. The Roo led seniors hated him.

That’s the key issue.

Just come across this thread. Not going to get into the racist thing as that is pathetic. Disgusting actually but this post is plainly wrong. The club including most young and older players though Watters was off tap. Maybe Newnes loved him but I know of many younger players who didnt. Also on Ball leaving well its harsh to put it all on him. RL didn't rate his spead. I doubt he was going to play much the next year so it was a 2 way thing.

Finally waters was a clown as shown by not even being able to get another job anywhere in coaching apart from east brighton under 13's. Nearly finished the club off. To make matters worse I think Pelchen was worse. Those 2 at the same time wasn't ideal.

For what it’s worth, I think that the club administration at that time, (Michael Nettlefold and co.) thought that they’d selected the right man for the job in Scott Watters. I have to admit, that listening to his (Scott Watters) first press conference as Saints coach, I was also impressed. (Which says a lot about MY judgement, I guess 🥴) I found Michael Nettlefold to be a nice guy when meeting him in person, and always thought he had the best interests of the club at heart.......obviously history has shown that perhaps the task of leading the St Kilda Footy Club was way too much for him. On one occasion ( the membership ad at St Kilda Beach) Nettlefold introduced me to Watters..... I “offered the paw” to shake hands, Watters barely acknowledged my existence! I remember thinking to myself: “I’ve got out of my cot at 4:00 am in the morning to support the club in its membership ad and you can’t even shake my hand” I was embarrassed but put this behaviour down to his wanting to simply get on with being the senior coach, and not a PR man.........

Just come across this thread. Not going to get into the racist thing as that is pathetic. Disgusting actually but this post is plainly wrong. The club including most young and older players though Watters was off tap. Maybe Newnes loved him but I know of many younger players who didnt. Also on Ball leaving well its harsh to put it all on him. RL didn't rate his spead. I doubt he was going to play much the next year so it was a 2 way thing.

Finally waters was a clown as shown by not even being able to get another job anywhere in coaching apart from east brighton under 13's. Nearly finished the club off. To make matters worse I think Pelchen was worse. Those 2 at the same time wasn't ideal.

I can still remember (with much mirth I might add) hearing Brereton on SEN waxing lyrical about Watters saying something along the lines of..... “I’ve known just THREE blokes whose thoughts on football I absolutely consider as genius; Alan Jeans, Leigh Matthews and Scott Watters”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have an American friend who was headhunted to work at Disney in a high importance role and the interview process was quite strenuous.
Well that’s no Mickey Mouse organisation 😉

You have no idea where I work. Certainly not an Accounting firm.

Oh well, still stand by the fact that the best in any industry rarely have to bother with interviews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back