Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ever noticed how all the upbeat news revolves around "Ratts" and "lades"? I desperately want the club to succeed, and if the CHO can claim some vicarious glory, good for him. Somehow I doubt he's up to it and one of the few factors that might hold us back. Happy to be proved wrong.
You don't think that might have anything to do with the articles being about Ratts and Lade by any chance?

They are the new arrivals so why not focus on them and the positive impact they are having?

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
That's a piece of bad judgement then since it seems it was Richo who told the club to target Ratten in the first place.

https://outline.com/EjU9SK
You really believe that? What a pathetic piece of spin. What else would he say? I hate him and see him as my logical successor by round 6? The moment Satan announced Ratts as assistant, the cho would've changed into the brown corduroys. The cho isn't exactly renown for his great judgement. Apparently he didn't know what his captain thought of his coaching.
"THE GOOD MATE Brett Ratten

“We’ve had a strong relationship for a long time. I said to Lethers (head of football Simon Lethlean) we’ve got to get this bloke. It’s only early but he’s been bloody super. There’s enormous enthusiasm and energy around and those blokes have been strong in that space.’’

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
You really believe that? What a pathetic piece of spin. What else would he say? I hate him and see him as my logical successor by round 6? The moment Satan announced Ratts as assistant, the cho would've changed into the brown corduroys. The cho isn't exactly renown for his great judgement. Apparently he didn't know what his captain thought of his coaching.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
The cho isn't exactly renown for his great judgement. Apparently he didn't know what his captain thought of his coaching.
Too true Drakey.
Hasn't known Gears thinks his coaching sucks all this time. FMD!

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
unnamed.gif

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Too true Drakey.
Hasn't known Gears thinks his coaching sucks all this time. FMD!
Just shows you what a shambles the place was last year But hey it was all the assistants fault nothing to do Richo
Didnt even know what his right hand man/Captain was thinking but hey only his 5th year lets see how he goes in 6th year

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just shows you what a shambles the place was last year But hey it was all the assistants fault nothing to do Richo
Didnt even know what his right hand man/Captain was thinking but hey only his 5th year lets see how he goes in 6th year
I'm.not going to get into a drawn out argument or defend Cho.

However, we actually don't know the context of the feedback or the question put to his peers.

For all we know it could have been asked to name one thing he should improve on.

Edit: simple question... If we improve this year will it be due to Cho or new assistants?

Last edited:

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda

However, we actually don't know the context of the feedback or the question put to his peers.

For all we know it could have been asked to name one thing he should improve on.
Was probs "Just how s**t was Richo this year?"

Exactly, we’re reading one thing in an article.

Do we honestly, really believe that the programme for leadership/ coaches that Richo went to was the first time Gears had given him feedback? Not once over the whole season? Don’t tell me you guys actually listen to what Lyon and Watson have to say from their high horses on SEN.

It was well documented about the time some of the players met with Richo after the Cats game in Geelong. And of course there would have been other times.

It was highlighted in the story, because that was the story, but seriously...

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

Do we honestly, really believe that the programme for leadership/ coaches that Richo went to was the first time Gears had given him feedback? Not once over the whole season? Don’t tell me you guys actually listen to what Lyon and Watson have to say from their high horses on SEN.

It was well documented about the time some of the players met with Richo after the Cats game in Geelong. And of course there would have been other times.

I listen to everything Watson says when it comes to critiquing coaching.

Not only does he speak with authority from his own stellar success as a senior coach, but he is totally unbiased as we saw with Hird.

/endsarcasm

Have a listen to Dal Santo on SEN he said basically that players wouldn't really get the chance to say anything along those lines because the talk would be more about direct football issues not the way he takes training or interacts with players etc. I thought the same as you until I heard it. It made sense that it's not covered off in regular interactions at the club.

Have a listen to Dal Santo on SEN he said basically that players wouldn't really get the chance to say anything along those lines because the talk would be more about direct football issues not the way he takes training or interacts with players etc. I thought the same as you until I heard it. It made sense that it's not covered off in regular interactions at the club.

Agree about the players, but I cannot believe the captain wouldn’t have a relationship with the coach and give feedback throughout the season.
( I will listen though, thanks)

Andrew Lovett literally raped someone whilst employed at our club. Worst appointment we ever made that I wish we never did.

But you're right. Watters was sooooooo much worse.
Worst appointment we ever made in hindsight, yes.

We didn't realise Watters was a s**t appointment after the fact. We knew it during.

Worst appointment we ever made in hindsight, yes.

We didn't realise Watters was a **** appointment after the fact. We knew it during.

oh did we now! and we couldn't tell that with lovett? a bloke with well document behavioral issues. fmd. mate i knew he was a bellend before he ended up at essendon and so did plenty of people over here. well known absolutely piece of s**t. the bloke was and still is an utter *head, if you really think watters is the worst appointment we've made over utter filth like lovett then i don't know what to say!!!!

oh did we now! and we couldn't tell that with lovett? a bloke with well document behavioral issues. fmd. mate i knew he was a bellend before he ended up at essendon and so did plenty of people over here. well known absolutely piece of ****. the bloke was and still is an utter ****head, if you really think watters is the worst appointment we've made over utter filth like lovett then i don't know what to say!!!!
Well document behavioural issues...please, are you only saying that to fit your argument or what? Do you say the same thing for guys like Nicky Winmar or Matty Parker or any other player we've ever signed that has had similar issues? Or is just convenient with Lovett? Lovett didn't rape someone and then we signed him mate. It was the other way around. Watters was a cancer in our club while he was there.

Anyway I've got no idea why this even matters, you didn't even address my other post to you and you want to instead harp on about this.

Well document behavioural issues...please, are you only saying that to fit your argument or what? Do you say the same thing for guys like Nicky Winmar or Matty Parker or any other player we've ever signed that has had similar issues? Or is just convenient with Lovett? Lovett didn't rape someone and then we signed him mate. It was the other way around. Watters was a cancer in our club while he was there.

Anyway I've got no idea why this even matters, you didn't even address my other post to you and you want to instead harp on about this.

wtf does parker or winmar have to do with it? why because they're indigenous, what a load of racist bullshit.

lovett had issues going right back to his days at east perth. i can inbox you if you like but its not something i want in the public space. but people knew way back then he was a flog.

but hey here's an article from essendon stating "Maybe one day the penny may drop and St Kilda might make it work ... but I don't know."

if you are likening watters, who had an unblemished record prior to joining the saints, to someone with well documented behavioural issues, who ended up being charged with assault twice, then i don't know what to say.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...800640999?sv=ce7246dd51368917931677f25641c5e6

wtf does parker or winmar have to do with it? why because they're indigenous, what a load of racist ********.

lovett had issues going right back to his days at east perth. i can inbox you if you like but its not something i want in the public space. but people knew way back then he was a flog.

but hey here's an article from essendon stating "Maybe one day the penny may drop and St Kilda might make it work ... but I don't know."

if you are likening watters, who had an unblemished record prior to joining the saints, to someone with well documented behavioural issues, who ended up being charged with assault twice, then i don't know what to say.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...800640999?sv=ce7246dd51368917931677f25641c5e6
You seriously think I brought them up because of their race...They are two players that instantly came to mind. Winmar being my favourite ever Saint and a recent day player in Parker who has recently talked about his struggles. Milne is another now that I think of it. Honestly you're an absolute clown if you think I am racist. To even come to that conclusion is a disgusting comment to make and I thought you were better than that. I'm speechless really.

I'm not likening them at all. YOU are the one who brought him up.

But back to your assumption. I'm disgusted that you would even think my post was about race. Pull your head in, seriously that's so disrespectful.

Don't even know what to say and I am done discussing anything further with you.

LOL because they are indigenous? They are two players that instantly came to mind. Winmar being my favourite ever Saint and a recent day player in Parker who has recently talked about his struggles. Milne is another now that I think of it. Honestly you're an absolute clown if you think I am racist and stupider than I thought.

I'm not likening them at all. YOU are the one who brought him up.

I'm disgusted that you would even think my post was about race. Honestly....wow...

yeah sure buddy. on a topic about lovetts behavioural issues you bring up two players, one of which hasn't put a foot wrong at either his WAFL club nor his AFL club, with someone who has a long running history of being an utter bellend. i mean lovett was suspended numerous times. charged with multiple crimes and your first reaction is parker????

i don't get how parker is even remotely relevant to this conversation. winmar i know had issues as a teen, but not to the extent of lovett. i'm not aware of any issues at the saints either.

but if i'm thinking of saints that had behavioural issues they'd wouldn't even enter the top 10. when we've had the likes of G Train, Lawrence, Milne, Gram, Fisher etc. seriously!

yeah sure buddy. on a topic about lovetts behavioural issues you bring up two players, one of which hasn't put a foot wrong at either his WAFL club nor his AFL club, with someone who has a long running history of being an utter bellend. i mean lovett was suspended numerous times. charged with multiple crimes and your first reaction is parker????

i don't get how parker is even remotely relevant to this conversation. winmar i know had issues as a teen, but not to the extent of lovett. i'm not aware of any issues at the saints either.

but if i'm thinking of saints that had behavioural issues they'd wouldn't even enter the top 10. when we've had the likes of G Train, Lawrence, Milne, Gram etc. seriously!
You don't know the first thing about me so you can take your disgusting comments elsewhere. Seriously is pathetic from you.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
wtf does parker or winmar have to do with it? why because they're indigenous, what a load of racist ********.

Probably because Watters had a significantly worse impact on the club than Lovett did... I'm not even sure why you brought Lovett up to be honest.

Probably because Watters had a significantly worse impact on the club than Lovett did... I'm not even sure why you brought Lovett up to be honest.

did he. the reputationl damage not to mention the cost in what was the closest we've ever come to a flag. he's the worst thing we've ever done in my life time.

Back