Rashid Khan will be the best bowler of his generation

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm calling it now, this boy is special. Absolutely towelling up lately and I'm predicting that it will continue forever and he'll go down as one of the greats. Currently averaging 13.72 in T20 and 13.58 in ODI with the ball and while he may not have had many games against the higher ranked countries he has proven he can bowl against quality opposition. Oh and he's only 19. As a spinner he should have many, many more years of cricket to come. Will be a great shame if this guy never gets the opportunity to play test matches and prove himself in that sort of arena. I say we offer him citizenship and poach him from Afghanistan, we have nicer beaches. Share your love for the great man here.

Yep, can't wait to see him in Tests.

His best ODI stats are against the best side he's bowled against, averages 4.40 with a strike rate of 11.2 with the ball against the West Indies from 3 games.

Love watching him bowl and a great talent but big call that is really just based on one day cricket. Tahir is similarly awesome in short formats but has never mastered the red ball.

Don't get the bitching about his age part myself, but each to their own.

If batsman take the old fashioned approach of just taking their time with him in tests, he may be redundant in the test side. Ala Ajantha Mendis, Sunil Narine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its very difficult for leg spinners to master all three formats, as the long and short ones require different skill sets. I personally doubt he will be the bowler of this generation (for multiple reasons including the above, and also how Afg will prob not get many tests) but am keen to see how he will go with the red ball later in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back