Rashid Khan will be the best bowler of his generation

Remove this Banner Ad

He will get his first chance on an Indian pitch in a few months.

Technically he's already been exposed to Indian pitches via the IPL.

I mean 5 day cricket.

Afghanistan play their first test against India in a few months.

a Duck and 1/68ish of 9 overs... not a great start to the WC qualifiers... but they were playing Scotland :p
I love the bloke and I think he has a great change to be a player that changes a nation... but maybe not of his generation world wide,.

Already capable of winning against other subcontinent teams (minus India) + maybe the Windies as well in the subcontinent now. They'll play the Windies in India in November which they'd be a strong chance to win too.

Good to see he has recovered from the World Cup. The last I heard the poor dear had a sore neck from watching all those huge sixes that were getting hit off him. Nice to be back in minnow land it seems.

certainly don't believe he was 16 when he played his first match but definitely still a teenager. Geez that bloke was monstrously talented.

Pashtun's are really strong though.

He claimed that he was 20-21, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was more like 18-19.

EDIT: No, he later clarified that he was 19 at the time. If he's to be believed, he know the date and month, but not the year, of his birth.

Last edited:
Already capable of winning against other subcontinent teams (minus India) + maybe the Windies as well in the subcontinent now. They'll play the Windies in India in November which they'd be a strong chance to win too.

The OP is wrong purely because of the fact he plays for Afghanistan.

He won't play the volume of test matches against the bigger nations and wont extend far enough into major ODI/T20 tournaments to get the volume of cricket to be considered the best bowler of this generation.

The best bowler of this generation will be named Rabada, Cummins or Bumrah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back