Review Rate 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Last few days of 2019 so time for some navel gazing.

How was 2019 for...

Yourself
Nmfc
Your fave player
This Board
And anything else about this year that you need to get off your navel?

Sure; I will go first. Good thread.

Nothing to write home about; July was a mess but got through it. Bring on 2020.

There was that first third of the year which were horrible. Listless, selfish and dysfunctional Game Plan. The outcome has created an optimism that has been felt deep into the year with new Coaching and Board appointments that will set us up into next decade.

JZ from the outside appeared to unite the group. Not one of his best seasons. I would have liked the Forward move to have worked out better.

This Board; 6/10. It’s become way to political and serious compared to years gone by when we took the mick out of each other and the club.

Anything else...nah not really, but I feel we are on the edge of something good

How was 2019 for...

Yourself
Nmfc
Your fave player
This Board

Slow day Gaso ?

Good year for me. Mrs. H the best 👍
Club moving forward and " a new hope "
Have to be Jasp 👍
Board - amusing and enlightening 👍

World going to shite. Glad Hojuman will cash in chips before 2050. Hope l get to see man on Mars first 👍

- up and down but has finished well. Happy and healthy fam so can’t complain.
- got to say BBB, so best I could have expected.
- Cunners still amazing me with s**t he does.
- shyte. It’s been ruined by one dick head.
- ITS NOT THE END OF THE DECADE!

- Much better than I expected
- Much worse than I expected
- I love all my children equally, but Cunners a little more equally
- Has become very angsty. Kudos to giantroo, Chadwiko and others who create value for the whole board year after year
- Looking forward to a new year with a new hope (and pretending not to remember I’ve said the same thing every year for almost a decade). This time I reckon we’ve got the best crop of young players we’ve had for a decade.

How was 2019 for...

Yourself: mostly great. Got to travel with the fam for the first holiday in years. And it was a great holiday. Family happy and healthy.
Nmfc: horrible awful start, but alnost everything since the day of the Footscray game has been a step forward
Your fave player Jed
This Board: a very small percentage have made it far less enjoyable than it used to be.
And anything else about this year that you need to get off your navel? I just bloody love Rhyce Shaw.👍👍👍

How was 2019 for...

Yourself
Nmfc
Your fave player
This Board
2019 for myself: freakin hard! Worked my ass off and cleared all my stupid youth debt so now my money and time are all mine, well set for a good 2020

For the club: much the same, hard slog through s**t at the start, got rid of some baggage and set for a clean slate in the new year

Most liked footballer: cam z. Was sold on him from a video of the club working in a kitchen and him making gnocchi a few years back, could see the leadership and ambition in the way he led the other kids in that environment and he's really shown his worth this year.

The board: as a relative newcomer (3-4 years?) It's had its ups and downs. Hate to see how fractured the fanbase is but in the end we all want the same thing. Hoping for less politics.

And for getting things off my chest: I really hate how much other people can let you down in personal and professional environments. It's a shame but a man is sometimes truly an island. I need to try to surround myself with better people. Hard when my industry is so skint for quality, but maybe I can just change what I do instead of what I expect. Iunno. Bring on 2020

How was 2019 for...

Yourself: pretty good all round.
Nmfc: Yikes. Not bad finish though!
Your fave player: Cam Z. Love the way he goes about it
This Board: Mostly good.

There has to be a time when the playing group all come together and wash away the inconsistent performances. As our older guys get older and more youth come in expecting support from the more experienced players, the chances of a flag rest on the group maintaining the want and hunger. Pushing forward without worrying about 'what ifs'. 2020 should NOT be a wasted season.

Yourself: Subpar compared to 2018 but what can you do. Managed to relocate to a footy loving city in Adelaide though.

NMFC: 2nd half of season gives it a tick for me. Got games into a fantastic bunch of improving youngsters which was a good sign with some good footy too.

Fav player: Cunners winning the Syd Barker which was fantastic. Also loved the signs of Souv and the Bull.

Board: Wasn't here for alot of the season but from what I saw it was mostly good.

Yourself - stressful
Nmfc - promising
Your fave player - Zurhaar
This Board - Needs infield success badly
And anything else about this year that you need to get off your navel? You're all ugly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yourself: Always a good year when you, your family and loved ones have their health.
Nmfc: In the words of Renee Geyer, heading in the right direction.
Your fave player: Another great year for the real AA FF, BBB.
This Board: Always entertaining and a great community of passionate Shinboners. The good/great posters vastly outweigh the not so good ones and that's why I keep coming back.
And anything else about this year that you need to get off your navel? A couple of kilos of Xmas excess.

Yourself:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Although my MRI showed bleeding on the brain and a blocked artery, so maybe I should be going with thumbs up. probably shouldn't be here according to my Doc. Who said with such a severe injury, you can get whatever time off you need for work! Only side effect is I get tired by late afternoon.

NMFC- Turned the corner I feel,we will be much more focused on being the very best at football that we can.
Your fave player- still Majak, his journey has been remarkable and really it only got more remarkable. he'll be back as strong as ever.
This Board- wanders from delusional to succinct with the push of a keyboard.

And anything else about this year that you need to get off your navel? Can we talk about Brad Scott yet??

NMFC: Started off disastrously, but ended promisingly.
Me: My Daughter getting married in early September was the highlight in a pretty 'meh' year.
Fav Player: Won the Syd so I think he had a good year.
This board: Positives and negatives. Mostly negatives.
Other: Parramatta beat Brisbane 58-0 in the Elimination final, but then lost 32-0 to Melbourne. Liverpool won the Champions League, and in 2020 are a chance of winning the EPL and back to back Champions League titles.

How was 2019 for...

Yourself
Nmfc
Your fave player
This Board
myself ?..not too bad thanks for asking, Familys happy ,kids have got more of the wifes traits than mine so thats a positive. Im getting regular sex from Mrs Roo……... well on my birthday and after Downtown Abbey that is ( Im tempted to buy the box set, but theres only so much a man can take)
North..well I just think if we have some luck with a healthy list and if a couple of the kids kick on, we'll do very well.
Favourite player. Cunnington..Hes just been immense and doesn't get near the kudos he deserves. Dont like his new hairdo though. Bald is beautiful
This board..well mostly its great. Just don't like some of the negativity. We're supposed to be supporters aren't we ?. If you're going to post criticism, back it up with some informed thoughts.
and off my Navel ?. well apart from it becoming a better lint trap as my Dad body develops. Its world politics that worries me. How do you get 2 morons like Trump and Boris leading 2 of the worlds leading nations ? Its scary the apathy that allows them to get to power

anyway hope everyone has a cracker 2020

myself ?..not too bad thanks for asking, Familys happy ,kids have got more of the wifes traits than mine so thats a positive. Im getting regular sex from Mrs Roo……... well on my birthday and after Downtown Abbey that is ( Im tempted to buy the box set, but theres only so much a man can take)
North..well I just think if we have some luck with a healthy list and if a couple of the kids kick on, we'll do very well.
Favourite player. Cunnington..Hes just been immense and doesn't get near the kudos he deserves. Dont like his new hairdo though. Bald is beautiful
This board..well mostly its great. Just don't like some of the negativity. We're supposed to be supporters aren't we ?. If you're going to post criticism, back it up with some informed thoughts.
and off my Navel ?. well apart from it becoming a better lint trap as my Dad body develops. Its world politics that worries me. How do you get 2 morons like Trump and Boris leading 2 of the worlds leading nations ? Its scary the apathy that allows them to get to power

anyway hope everyone has a cracker 2020

no probs

Myself - better than this time last year.
North - same.
Dunno my fave player ATM. Could be one of several.
One of them is TT - he is also doing better than this time last year.
The board - maybe not.

Yourself - pretty average , second year of recovering from a stroke -very tiring and I mostly can’t be arsed so I’ve put on 5-7kg and need to pull my finger out!

Nmfc
Pretty awesome - North has a fresh energy about it and we had a fun second half of the year!

Also - refound my love of Arden St watching the 2nds and going to training - bloody awesome

Your fave player
No fave player these days - pretty love the entire list, hard to believe I know but true.

I love the fact we finally had some first year players break out - feels like ages. Love watching Zurhaar crushing people - possibly my fave if pushed.

This Board
I hate all the bickering and people hating on our own players.

That said - most years are average but it’s still more positive than negative.

Did my first player sponsorship and probably posted more than any year - still only 800 posts in 15 years +

Overall - it’s been a great Prima for 2020

Last edited:
Yourself - I have found it a very good year. Without doing much middle age seems to have worked out a pretty comfortable life.

Nmfc - Seems pretty positive. I really enjoyed the ladies team and reckon they will have a great year. Hopefully the men aren’t too far behind.

Your fave player - I love watching Kashy and Elisha King for the girls and Zurharr has been a revelation in the men’s, with Jed and Ziebs their attack is great to watch.

This Board - I’ve always enjoyed the funny stuff and piss takes the most which seem to have been a bit less this year. Still really enjoyed most of it and was great to meet a few of the esteemed members.

Me: Flying
NMFC: A wasted season.
Favorite player: Don't have just one.
The board: Going downhill in sync with the intellectual aspects of society. I expect it will devolve to the point where only one group consensus is tolerated in the place, and it ceases to have any purpose.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back