diesel and dust

All Australian
Jan 29, 2007
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly
Don't mind them, but don't own anything by them....'Kiss On My List' would probably be my pick of theirs

Seen James Reyne and Mark Seymour touring together a couple of times and they do a pretty cool cover of 'Rich Girl' together

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
My older brother had the album that had Rich Girl on. I loved that album and think that Darryl Hall was a great singer, but found Maneater and Private Eyes less soulful and a bit too middle of the road !

I think John Oates was like Andrew Ridgely, not really sure what he contributed.

PaddleFoot

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2008
Hollow Log
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yacht Rock

Blue Eyed Soul

Actually a great live band ( saw them at Festival Hall a few times )- You Make My Dreams Come True is an excellent pop song. A bit of a guilty pleasure. Bracket them with The Cars for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CUFC RCFC OM ACF DLC LFC KSC PRLC
Not the best duo (that is Curve), but I like a number of their songs. They did have a pretty solid period in the Early 80's when they had half dozen good songs, Private Eyes, I Can't Go For That, Kiss On My List, One on One, Say It Isn't So.

Crash Davis

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yacht Rock

Blue Eyed Soul

Actually a great live band ( saw them at Festival Hall a few times )- You Make My Dreams Come True is an excellent pop song. A bit of a guilty pleasure. Bracket them with The Cars for some reason.
100%. Always gets my foot tapping whenever it comes on Spotify shuffle.

Top Bottom