Rate a Duo-Hall and Oates

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind them, but don't own anything by them....'Kiss On My List' would probably be my pick of theirs

Seen James Reyne and Mark Seymour touring together a couple of times and they do a pretty cool cover of 'Rich Girl' together

with songs such as private eyes,man eater,rich girl and out of touch they were a very underated music duo

thoughts on the music of darrell hall and john oates

Fanatatic group and great singers.

[youtube]anLfoy2XsFw[/youtube]

My older brother had the album that had Rich Girl on. I loved that album and think that Darryl Hall was a great singer, but found Maneater and Private Eyes less soulful and a bit too middle of the road !

I think John Oates was like Andrew Ridgely, not really sure what he contributed.

Yacht Rock

Blue Eyed Soul

Actually a great live band ( saw them at Festival Hall a few times )- You Make My Dreams Come True is an excellent pop song. A bit of a guilty pleasure. Bracket them with The Cars for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fan but Say It Isn't So is a great song.:thumbsu:

Not the best duo (that is Curve), but I like a number of their songs. They did have a pretty solid period in the Early 80's when they had half dozen good songs, Private Eyes, I Can't Go For That, Kiss On My List, One on One, Say It Isn't So.

Yacht Rock

Blue Eyed Soul

Actually a great live band ( saw them at Festival Hall a few times )- You Make My Dreams Come True is an excellent pop song. A bit of a guilty pleasure. Bracket them with The Cars for some reason.

100%. Always gets my foot tapping whenever it comes on Spotify shuffle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back