Rate A Journo: Mark Fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Goes OK except when he cracked it when Voss had a go at his beloved Saints. Voss was right as proved by some of the players comments. Good to listen to at night but must remember to be totally unbiassed!

Goes OK except when he cracked it when Voss had a go at his beloved Saints. Voss was right as proved by some of the players comments. Good to listen to at night but must remember to be totally unbiassed!

I agree he is biased toward his saints, but he never shys away from the fact that he is. Everyone in his postion would probably be biased towards their club.

Finey is awesome! I get addicted to the radio when he is on. The run home followed by finey is the best few hour radio combination ever.

He knows so much about each team, as if he supports all of them.
He says it how it is and I would love to see him on television, as opposed to the media personalities who give us nothing like- Robbo, Wilson etc.

An absolute legend is Finey. His show on Sunday night is incredibly entertaining to listen to. He's a straight shooter and doesn't speak nonsense compared to Hutchy, Walls, Caro, Sheahan etc.

Was wondering what all of our opinions are on Mark Fine from SEN

I love his work. He is living proof that you don't need to have played 200+ games to make it in the media industry. Just loves his footy, and isn't afraid to go against the trends. :thumbsu:

There are too many advertorials on there without sounding like ads, but they are ads. You think that collectables guy doesn't pay money to get his spot on the radio. I'm not knocking it, but I think these things should at least be disclosed. This segment isn't the only one (ie. more than just SEN).

His shift is one of the more listened to on SEN, and credit to him on that.

Does anyone know what he did before SEN was around?

Good show, he lets listeners make their opinions without being unnecessarily argumentative, doesn't cut callers off and then put his own opinion after each call, like KB and Doran do. He is a good speaker and comes up with many nifty creative expressions. Called his show up last night, great to talk to!

There are too many advertorials on there without sounding like ads, but they are ads. You think that collectables guy doesn't pay money to get his spot on the radio. I'm not knocking it, but I think these things should at least be disclosed. This segment isn't the only one (ie. more than just SEN).

His shift is one of the more listened to on SEN, and credit to him on that.

Does anyone know what he did before SEN was around?

Yep played / captained my local club in the VTCA.

Was the brains behind the footy shows "Mars termind" segment.

Had done a few other production type things for most of the commercial footy shows.

Loves sports, is a fanatic.

An honest but at times harsh & innapropriate bloke.

When on the sauce he is hilarious, one of the funniest blokes I know.

I have several great bux night revelations, but would not divulge here.... sorry.

Love Finey, the reason being:

1. Tells it as he sees it
2. Doesn't exaggerate or try to sensationalise a story (unlike jon ralph or robbo)
3. Does his research and knows a variety of sports

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was wondering what all of our opinions are on Mark Fine from SEN

I love his work. He is living proof that you don't need to have played 200+ games to make it in the media industry. Just loves his footy, and isn't afraid to go against the trends. :thumbsu:

Just as most ex-footballers in the media are living proof that you DO need to have played 200+ games to add absolutely nothing to the programs you're on.
Fooooiiiiiiiney is harmless enough I suppose.

he's voice is very annoying especially that contrived laugh he always puts on aswell as the ummmmmmmmmm's

massive bogan:thumbsdown:

alright but sometimes he annoys the shit out of me when every last word of a sentence he stretches it out.for example . the saints defeated melbourne tooooo daaaaaaayyyyyyy

Finey's radio shows would be 100% better if he had a funny sidekick.
But he's a good host, he knows his shit, he gives people a go and he has his finger right on the pulse.

On his bad days, the talkback calls merely serve as launching pads for the next Finey speech.

On his good days, he's the best in the biz.

Good, but can tend to pontification. Would benefit from toning it down a bit. Plays the People's Hero a bit too much.

Spot on - I have noticed that he probably likes to give himself credit for helping the Roos stay in Melbourne and not relocate to the Gold Coast ..

Also his 'my say, your say' segment on Tuesdays nights seems rather self-indulgent and pointless ...

He also gives to much leeway to some of the more insane callers, like Jim From Hawthorn ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back