B-Sides Rate A Song: Aneurysm - Nirvana

Remove this Banner Ad

Aneurysm - Nirvana

yeh it's a great song
the hole of incesticide is absoloutly phenominal although In Utero does it for me.
"come on over and do the twist, over do it and have a fit"
knowing what reference to kurt that has is something i wanna know.
i know that "loves you so much it makes me sick", was about one of kurts girlfriends.
Francis farmer will have her revenge on seattle is probably my favourite. but let's be honest...what Nirvana song doesn't kick ass.

frenzied intro...

one of the few songs dave grohl (or whoever was part of the songwriting process) uses double kicks...

nice.

khanate said:
frenzied intro...

one of the few songs dave grohl (or whoever was part of the songwriting process) uses double kicks...

nice.
No he didnt (it was Dave by the way).

If you're talking about the lick he does coming out of the build up in the intro (which he does again later in the tune as well) its just a nicely executed variation of 32nd stroke roll. Its all hands dude.

Dave Grohl has never used double bass on a recording with anyone.

And i agree with rick James that this song sounds heaps live. The recorded versions i have are just so sloppy and raw, the tempos waver so much, which lots of people try to tell me was much of the appeal of Nirvana, and which i've also read was mostly Kurt's instruction, not Dave's terrible meter. Dave Grohl was/is so much better than that.

ahhh...like mounted or floor toms??? i see...

i used to drum, but i don't really have an 'ear' for it...

it's the part RIGHT before the guitar part before "she keeps pumping straight to my heart X 15"...

thanks.

The From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah is the best version.

The recorded version is average and has the cheesy backing vocals in the chorus. Sounds much better with just Kurt signing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back