yirra_kurl

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd
Heard this song the other day and was genuinely surprised at how good it is. Anyone else like it?

And oh yes, I feel very masculine listening to it :p
Being forced to listen to NOVA/FOX at work i have nothing better to than disect the majority of the crap that gets played on these stations.

Listen to the lyrics closely and you'll find its quite a "naughty" song :eek::eek:

Apr 10, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Being forced to listen to NOVA/FOX at work i have nothing better to than disect the majority of the crap that gets played on these stations.

Listen to the lyrics closely and you'll find its quite a "naughty" song :eek::eek:
Turns out you're right - here are some selected lyrics:
He's a one stop jive, makes my panties drop
He's a sweet talkin' sugar coated candy man

He's a one stop jive, makes my cherry pop

Well, by now I?m getting all bothered and hot
When he hits my mouth he really hits the spot

Jane lost her grip and down she fell
Squared herself away as she let out a yell

I've never heard the song in its entirety but saw glimpses of the clip on TV where she's wearing a sailor suit and the song sounds like a 50's big band/jazz number.

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
It's a horrible song. I cannot help but cracking up laughing whenever the 'soldiers' repeat what Aguilera says.

I bet those guy's fathers are really proud of them.

goatsby

Senior List
Suspended
Sep 26, 2005
Horsham
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong, QPR,
Absolute CRAP

The only people who will buy this are Howards battlers

Be available in any good op shop in 18 months at a fifth of the price

Crowaholic

All Australian
Aug 28, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I LOVE LOVE LOVE CHRISTINA!! Candyman is a great song!! It's so fun, and great to dance to. This last Album Back to Basics is fantastic very Big Band, Jazz, Blues and Swing. Only reason it hasn't charted very high is that people are scared of things that are'nt the norm. Like these days if it's not ultra poppy or r&b no one wants to know about it.

Crowaholic

All Australian
Aug 28, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows

If you think that Candyman is naughty you should listen to another song on the record called Nasty Naughty Boy.

Some snippets....

There's not need to feel no shame, relax and sip upon my champagne, cos I'm gonna give you a little taste of the sugar below my waist you nasty boy.

In another verse she says "Baby for all it's worth, I swear I'll be the first to blow your mind, now if your ready give it to me, just give me some hot sweet sexy loving" drum roll and she says now give me a little spanking.... then ooh ooh ooh is that all you've got, come on now don't play with me, give me that hot, sweet, nasty boy don't you make me wait..... etc etc....

So as you can see Candyman is quite tame. I love both songs though, and every other one she has every sang. Yes I am her number 1 fan!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE CHRISTINA!! Candyman is a great song!! It's so fun, and great to dance to. This last Album Back to Basics is fantastic very Big Band, Jazz, Blues and Swing. Only reason it hasn't charted very high is that people are scared of things that are'nt the norm. Like these days if it's not ultra poppy or r&b no one wants to know about it.
Um, its pop to the max, their is nothing out of the norm;)

Excuse me? It's big band. God you obviously know nothing about music. The whole record stays away from Pop songs.:mad:
its pop, naive to think otherwise, it gets played on Nova, not JJJ.

Back