Rate A Song: Oasis - To Be Where There's Life

Remove this Banner Ad

What would the point be in me providing you with a list of bands that are better, you wouldn't have heard music from most of them anyway.

But since you asked nicely, I'll put a few artists that are superior to Oasis.

Explosions In The Sky
Pelican
Isis
Arcade Fire
The Mars Volta
Mastodon
Dream Theater
Between The Buried & Me
Bon Iver
Sigur Ros
Massive Attack

Good luck on that one:thumbsu:

I have heard of several of those, the most probable reason for me not hearing all of them is simply due to the fact that they aren't very good.

Massive Attack had some massive records in the 90's and i rate them highly. The Mars Volta are vile and Arcade Fire need to buy some decent clothes and get a decent haircut, their music isnt much chop either.

The rest should stick to the underground scene where they can play their s**t music to the adoring miniority who hide behind the fact that the band is shithouse due to the fact that "the music is to complex for the masses". Keep the delusion up, apart from the latter act that list is shocking. Quite sad if people think those acts are good.

They are better than half decent. I dont give a s**t if people slag them off like others seem to on here, mainly cause I know they have made some truly great music. This album is also really really good and while it might not be the best made this year its def one of them.

Mate, you don't like Oasis - we get it already. There's on need to constantly call them s**t. ALOT of people like them so they clearly must be half decent.

find me the part in this thread where i said oasis were s**t.

i said they were ok, just nothing exceptional.

and to that second argument...a lot of people like kid rock's all summer long so i guess it must be half decent using your logic.

people are stupid.

find me the part in this thread where i said oasis were s**t.

i said they were ok, just nothing exceptional.

and to that second argument...a lot of people like kid rock's all summer long so i guess it must be half decent using your logic.

people are stupid.

People like you are thick as s**t mate, why do you reckon Oasis sell out 180 000 ticketes in less then an hour before anyone has even heard a note of the new album. They are popular because they make ****ing good music. Trying to deride that popularity by saying that s**t above is typical of a ******** like you.

You are comparing All Summer Long to Live Forever and DLBIA. Oasis are an exceptional band, they have an enormous amount of songs that the people have embraced. You are a ******* mate, get the **** out of this thread, oh lots of people like Kid Rock, so that means popularity doesnt equal quality. THanks champ, most people can tell teh difference between s**t teeny booper and a quality song.

**** off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clearly i was replying to the other poster who said they had heaps of fans so they had to be half decent.

why are you oasis fans so damn defensive?

cant you just take on board that others prefer different music and that oasis are not the pinnacle of all things great in everyones world?

clearly i was replying to the other poster who said they had heaps of fans so they had to be half decent.

why are you oasis fans so damn defensive?

cant you just take on board that others prefer different music and that oasis are not the pinnacle of all things great in everyones world?

Why don't you practise what you preach you idiot.

Lots of people like Oasis. You have admitted that. But then you have basically said "oh lots of people like Kid Rock's All Summer Long but does that mean its good". You are a ****wit mate. THe problem with indie dicks like you is that you can't admit that a popular band is actually decent. As i said, **** off. If your going to hand out advice about not being defensive, then why dont you stamp it to your forehead you hammerhead.

i said that oasis are decent. i never called them s**t or whatever.

referring to you quoting me about kid rock i was actually proving that the other poster's logic about people liking a band making them decent was false. i never actually attacked oasis in any way, just that particular logic.

and yes, im an indie dick. i dont like popular bands...i dont care how popular the band is, if they make killer music then i'll listen to it.

i said that oasis are decent. i never called them s**t or whatever.

referring to you quoting me about kid rock i was actually proving that the other poster's logic about people liking a band making them decent was false. i never actually attacked oasis in any way, just that particular logic.

and yes, im an indie dick. i dont like popular bands...i dont care how popular the band is, if they make killer music then i'll listen to it.

You like mainstream champ, indie bands today, they are all the same, get them all in the same room, and they all look the same and sound the same.

Oasis are the underground. No other bands are trying to make it big. Indie is mainstream. Oasis are the underground.

Indie 15 years ago was different, bands would start on an indie lable and the intentions would be for that band to get signed to a major. Joy Division and factory records, Oasis, Primal Scream and Creation.

Indie these days is a poor cousin.

but you just said i dont like popular music...then you called indie music mainstream, wouldnt that make it popular?

since when did i say i only like indie music anyway? i like all types of music, why would someone limit themselves to one genre anyway?

Mate, you don't like Oasis - we get it already. There's on need to constantly call them s**t. ALOT of people like them so they clearly must be half decent.

It's more that some people make them out to be better then every band that ever existed and ever will exist. Personally I love Oasis and the Gallaghers (although I rate Radiohead higher) but i also couldn't care less if others hate/don't rate/or just like them.

You like mainstream champ, indie bands today, they are all the same, get them all in the same room, and they all look the same and sound the same.

Oasis are the underground. No other bands are trying to make it big. Indie is mainstream. Oasis are the underground.

Indie 15 years ago was different, bands would start on an indie lable and the intentions would be for that band to get signed to a major. Joy Division and factory records, Oasis, Primal Scream and Creation.

One minute you're claiming they can sell thousands of seats before anyone hears a song.. now all of a sudden they're 'underground'?

Interesting

For their last Brisbane show, ticket sales were so slow that they only used half the arena. I'd expect to see them play Riverstage if they bother coming back

LOL! Do you even know what s**t dribbles out of your mouth sometimes?

How the **** are Oasis Underground? If Oasis are underground then a band such as Pearl Jam is underground, too :rolleyes:

Oasis are quite overrated, the only song I liked was Wonderwall. They don't really deliver heart-stopping or music that would just wanna make you say "Wow, i've never heard anything like this before, this is amazing" it doesn't feel like that to me.

And I think some people should really accept others musical tastes, its just wrong to rant at a person who doesn't like your favourite music.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back