Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houli will be 32 yo next season ....with injury history & priced at his abnormal year output

View attachment 809235
Mitchell, will drop in price ....will struggle to be ready R1 ....and even if, would be a huge gamble ...bring him in when he hits form & after his price drops

Bonar v Stephen Hill at $10K cheaper ....with DPP

Bonar does some special things .....but not often enough

The rest is just fluid, till the PS games start ;)
Houli should keep scoring well, his role changed a bit last year. He's an upgrade target for me unless Jayden Short gets injured in preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houli should keep scoring well, his role changed a bit last year. He's an upgrade target for me unless Jayden Short gets injured in preseason
Hasn't Houli had some injury concerns over the PS ? .....I'd like to see Houli's scores on the MCG v other grounds ?

I am very leery of Blakely as a Freo supporter. The last couple of years should have been 'his year' to take over in the midfield. A lot of it was Ross playing him off the HBF but a bit of it was also he was a bit one-way sometimes.

This year should absolutely be his year with the HBF looking pretty full with better kicks like Hill, Aish and Young in addition to Ryan and Wilson. But I think he's in real danger of being overtaken by players who are already better in Brayshaw or quite possibly will be better in Cerra. At 400k I think it's too much of a risk. Better off going with a genuine best 22 option in Dawson I think if you want a ~400k midpricer in defence.

I am very leery of Blakely as a Freo supporter. The last couple of years should have been 'his year' to take over in the midfield. A lot of it was Ross playing him off the HBF but a bit of it was also he was a bit one-way sometimes.

This year should absolutely be his year with the HBF looking pretty full with better kicks like Hill, Aish and Young in addition to Ryan and Wilson. But I think he's in real danger of being overtaken by players who are already better in Brayshaw or quite possibly will be better in Cerra. At 400k I think it's too much of a risk. Better off going with a genuine best 22 option in Dawson I think if you want a ~400k midpricer in defence.
Fair enough. Slightly disappointing though as I’ve always liked Blakely.

I think V2’s found a way to become possibly even more riskier.

4D16150E-3265-42ED-9EBF-0E0C24632106.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back