Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First rough copy, thoughts?
Too much money ($500k+ players) in your Defence.
Tom Mitchell has had an awkward recovery period with his broken leg, better upgrade target than a starter.
Nic Nat is a big risk with his injury history, hasn't played more than 15 games in any of the last 4 seasons and WC played him in limited minutes last year (averaged 60% TOG).

I would address these issues.

First rough copy, thoughts?
I'll try and put it in a nice way. Your team needs a lot of work. You have a second year player at F3, and Wingard at M4. What makes you think Wingard is all of a sudden going to average 110+? And Smith at F3? What makes you think he'll break out in his second year when most players don't reach their potential until their 4th? He won't be spending much time in the midfield, with the stacked mids the dogs have. Steven and lunchmeat should be in your forward line. Quite a few people are considering Nic Nat this year. Personally i don't get it. as Requiem said, he just doesn't spend enough time on the ground to be SC relevant IMO. I would also consider if it's worth it having 3 high priced rookies.

Nice side and only 4 rookies on field, only thing that worries me is Birchall. Very injury prone and not getting any younger, do you think his body will hold up?

Probably not. If he can play the first 8-10 games @80+ppg before breaking down, he will have served his purpose. A mid-pricer doesn't need to be a season long keeper to be a worthwhile starting pick.

2 years off the scene. I think that's every reason to be gunshy on him
If you don't pick him and he comes out of the blocks where he left off - you are way, way behind.
With Docherty in defence and Hill in the forward line - if you need to trade him, pretty easy to get to any variety of options around the 450 - 500k mark in defence or forward line. One lost trade isn't going to break your back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't pick him and he comes out of the blocks where he left off - you are way, way behind.
With Docherty in defence and Hill in the forward line - if you need to trade him, pretty easy to get to any variety of options around the 450 - 500k mark in defence or forward line. One lost trade isn't going to break your back.
Prepared to look on

Version 1.0 on SC 2020 - about $60k sitting in reserve for now.

Think everyone on-field in that backline can average 80+ at a minimum, obviously some risks with the midpricey type backline meaning going a bit light in the MID. Similar for the forwards, think aside from Rankine everyone there is capable of 80+ at a minimum.

Best case scenario I've got 1 - 2 players in the backs and forwards that won't be keepers, so it's all about getting the midfield trades in.

A lot of the guys priced in the Top 6-10 by position have large question marks for me, though likely I'll dump a midpricer or two once we have a clearer sense of which rookies will be playing and started another premo somewhere.

54bd2f1ae9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back