Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm liking this structure for my team.
In both Defence and Forwards I've got 2 Premos, 1 Fallen Premo, 1 Pricey Rookie and then rookies. Then I've got the 5 Uber Premo Mids and Gawndy with rookies around which gives me hopefully 13 keepers if I don't get reamed (unlikely).
Not gonna take too many risks this year cause I got burnt by some campaigners last year. Only taking the best of the best. Seagull, Zilliams, Whitfield and Dusty should finish top 6 in their positions. The 5 Mids and Gawndy speak for themselves.

Will stay with this team until I change it again in 10 minutes.

View attachment 821515
We’re certainly on the same wavelength with this team. Gotta like it.
Ignoring rookies the only difference is your Neale & Bonar v my Coniglio & Doedee.

Stop stealing my proprietary Gifs ....you'll leave me with nothing ....plagiarist !
Beg to differ old chap, that gif has been a part of this board since the 'Great Puppalanche of 2016'
many a great and brave poster was lost so young Super Coachers like yourself can live in freedom and harmony amongst the 'Great Puppies we share Today'
Enjoy. 🐶

Why is Sicily so popular? Sure, he's cheap, but he spent most of last season costing less than $500k. Far too unreliable IMO.

Really wanted Dawson, but I always burn myself selecting one Swans player that should have an SC break-out season, but doesn't. In an ideal world, Dawson would be taking our kick-ins, guaranteeing pretty solid scores, but that seems too logical for the Sydney coaching staff.

Why is Sicily so popular? Sure, he's cheap, but he spent most of last season costing less than $500k. Far too unreliable IMO.

Really wanted Dawson, but I always burn myself selecting one Swans player that should have an SC break-out season, but doesn't. In an ideal world, Dawson would be taking our kick-ins, guaranteeing pretty solid scores, but that seems too logical for the Sydney coaching staff.
The thought around Sicily is that the off season additions to Hawthorn should provide him a return to a very SC friendly role. When he gets that role he has a pretty high ceiling. Check out his scores in 2018 for his potential.

Last edited:

First half of last year he had 6 tonnes with a lowest score of 75.

Second half he was tried forward a few times.
Plus put in a few stinkers.

Don't pick him

Brave.

As a fellow NM supporter, I have Simpkin and will also grab Bonar if he's picked in Rd 1 (as you know, some insiders suggest this is going to happen, but I'd still be surprised). I also have Goldie but might go Xerri instead of Comben.

I'm backing Cunnington for the Brownlow but he's not going near my SC team. Yet.

did LOL :D

I haven't started with the Gawn/Grundy combo the last two seasons with the intention of trading the one I was missing later on. Both times it hasn't worked out and I missed the boat. If they still had subs and Gawn was announced ahead of time as starting with the vest for the first two rounds i'd STILL be starting with Gawn/Grundy this year. Don't make my mistakes. If Gawn is named then just start him. Don't worry about him being underdone. It's not worth trying to recover from.

You got it wrong the last 2 seasons, now you'll get both and be wrong again, you've jinxed the combo already... It's doomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back