Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2020-02-19 My Team - The Herald Sun KFC SuperCoach.png

giphy.gif

View attachment 825578
changed it a bit since last post
Got to be honest, I'm going to give it to you straight.
This team is not finishing in the top 40,000
You have 3 players who have a decent shout at finishing in the top 6-8 at their position.
OF all you 12+ mid-pricers I could see maybe 4-5 of them averaging 90+, and probably 3 of them making enough cash that it was actually worth it.
Brandon Ellis is just about the worst pick I've seen on here.
Luke Jackson - do you really want to spend 200k on the ruck bench who seems unlikely to play? and be ruck only..and have a fwd/ruck in your forward line. Doesn't make any sense.

About the 50th iteration of my team so far. Thinking of doing some maneouvering with the higher priced rookies to get a 5th premo mid.

Sitting with 100k in the bank atm, not sold on Ceglar at all but have him a placeholder since he is going to be our #1 ruck this year. Just worried that he averaged 90 the 2 games where McEvoy was played down back last year which is worrying but its a small sample size.

Supercoach.png

Marsh Community Series gonna make me change my team 1000 times fu**en

Hell yeah. Hawks as an example - No sign of Finn, hopefully he gets a run next week.

Damon Greaves named in a fairly strong starting 18 (although no Sicily down back, and Hardwick named on bench), and Matt Walker named on the bench the only cheapies to keep an eye on perhaps. Rookie wise not great signs based on this team.

McEvoy named at CHB though, and Ceglar first ruck!

Not huge on Doedee, Whitfield or Smith but I get the picks. I see 12 keepers with Smith a potential keeper which would make it 13. Looks solid overall.

View attachment 824130

Running with this at the moment.
Some things to note:
- I like Docherty but see the 4 premiums in defense I've chosen as ahead of him. If Docherty kills it I'll upgrade to him at some point during the season - I've gone cold on starting him.
- Tossing up between Mitchell, Treloar and Yeo in the midfield - will choose based on how they look during pre-season. Got them ranked 1. Mitchell 2. Treloar 3. Yeo at this stage.
- Don't like Whitfield due to an ankle reconstruction over the pre-season. I think this surgery is being massively underplayed - this isn't keyhole surgery, it's a reconstruction. Was tagged more often as the season unfolded leading to a score of 46 against Brisbane and then only 68 in the Grand Final which didn't affect his final average but must be considered. Teams were tagging him more towards the end of the season with some good results - he'll either start slowly or throw in a couple of a stinkers. I can't see him improving on his average from last season and I'm settled on not starting him.

Solid team mate, although that forward line gives me extreme anxiety. Is there a reason Hill isn't your F4 to beef it up a bit? Young at D5 is solid.

Like the idea with Whitfield, the decision of starting him/not starting him could become huge for the first few weeks. Personally I hope he bombs so everyone rage trades sideways before he finds form :moustache:

My logic with Doedee is the same as Keira last year. Don't expect high scores, but solid output every week and is more reliable than rookies. People tend to treat points & cash generation very highly (and rightfully so), but job security and consistent output is underrated.

If he can average 80 and get to 400k I'll take it as a win. One I'll be watching very closely in preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mix of GnR in the mids& rucks and MPM in the fwd/def lines.

I still have $200K in the bank and wondering where its best to upgrade.

FWD: I have left out Whitfield with the hope he has a slow start and can pick him up later. Think he will fall more than Dusty, so more reason to wait.
MIDS: 5 premos - still considering swapping one of them for Fyfe
Rucks: wait and see on Gawn
DEF: Not really sold on any of the premos as absolute certainities - considering Sicily and Laird as well.

I have DPP's across all lines and am trying to pick midpricers who will be keepers. Annotation 2020-02-20 123336.png

Last edited:
So, uhhh... do they just email you for the bank details to deposit the $50k, or what?

View attachment 825978
Jacky L :cool:

Gauranteed job security, definitely improve

Averaged 60 playing as a defender. Reckon he'll get that up to a ~75 average. Would have to hit 85 to be worth it at 275k.. reckon the odds of that are pretty long.

Not 100% against it though as there is definitely potential. Suns will want him to use the ball coming out of the back half. Should have had a few shots on goal the last game but Sexton burnt him twice.

with your DPP can sideways to Bonar or Young or even fund an upgrade of Hannebury to a true premo in a double trade if he's still scoring 60's coming out of the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back