Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much will I hate myself for not having Grundy/Gawn /10?

View attachment 811363
Injuries ....or players prone to injury are a huge bump in the SC road .....NicNat will be managed, yes you can bridge the shortfall in points, in other areas of the ground .....but without a good R3 or Ruck/FWD its such a risky call

Injuries ....or players prone to injury are a huge bump in the SC road .....NicNat will be managed, yes you can bridge the shortfall in points, in other areas of the ground .....but without a good R3 or Ruck/FWD its such a risky call

If Gawn gets injured, you've got room to take the next best ruck in a single trade.

If Nicnat gets injured ...

If Gawn gets injured, you've got room to take the next best ruck in a single trade.

Big Sauce Jacobs should still be relatively cheap on his way to becoming the number 1 SC ruck this year.

Plus ...if you keep $$$ in reserve to cover a NicNat injury ....why not use the $$$ in the first place ?

To me, I'll take maybe 1-2 risky players ....but not in the Rucks .....and this also cuts out Jacobs, who has a dodgy back

Injuries to players have cruelled me the last couple of seasons ......Smith and Steven are my two risky players, that's enough

Be careful ....has a suspect back ....he's at GWS for his superannuation payout
Mummy averaged 81.6 for GWS and IMO Sauce is still a pretty solid upgrade on him. Still just as good a (if not better) player and won't be giving away 30 free kicks a game. I will be monitoring how his body is holding up through the rest of the pre-season though.

Mummy averaged 81.6 for GWS and IMO Sauce is still a pretty solid upgrade on him. Still just as good a (if not better) player and won't be giving away 30 free kicks a game. I will be monitoring how his body is holding up through the rest of the pre-season though.
Jacobs been on the slide a few years now .....coincides with when he lost his leap ...was always a great tap ruckman rather than a body player .....now he just uses his experience, but will really struggle against the best rucks

1579925766172.png

Jacobs been on the slide a few years now .....coincides with when he lost his leap ...was always a great tap ruckman rather than a body player .....now he just uses his experience, but will really struggle against the best rucks

View attachment 811370
Yeah, I am aware of his slide,but with all due respect, I think GWS' midfield is comfortably ahead of the Crows' midfield and that should help to mitigate that slide a bit. I also think team success is largely crucial when you're a middling ruckman. Mumford, with his age, fitness, and ability, had no right to average 81.6, and his season wasn't really of a standard you'd expect for someone averaging 81.6, but the strength of GWS' midfield helped propel him to that average, and a number of 100+ scores that were still hampered by how many free kicks he gave away.

tbh I doubt I'll end up going in with Sauce over Gawn, but I don't think it's that big a risk if he has a solid pre-season.

Ladies and kentlemen, the moment none of you have been waiting for, and rightly so. My SC scoring has been abysmal the last 3 years and I don’t expect that to change.
What I am expecting is some epic melts from yours truly, and the threat of razing the entire community to the ground after one shitty score.

Get ready pricks, I’ve been working on this setup for a good 12 minutes.

This is the squad I’ll be running bar injury/JLT form.

Go your hardest lads and ladettes.

I can take it, trust me.
*actual footage of me

View attachment 810691

Fish n Cripps V1

View attachment 810687
View attachment 810688

Relatively cookie cutter I know, but, I’m not running Macrae and Fyfe for the first time in 2 years. Big risks on every line.
Gotta risk it for the, um, yeah let’s run with biscuit because of Adsense.

To try and fit Macrae in I had to downgrade my M5 to Handlebary and I’m not confident he’s over his issues.

This was my attempt at fitting Macrae in.

Not running this squad, yet.

View attachment 810685

View attachment 810686

Only changes were Lloyd - Dawson
Bont - Macrae
Yeo - Handlebary

Now, I must warn all of you, play nice with my team as I possess the hardest punch on the SC board.

This is what happened to the last kenty that laughed at me.

View attachment 810690

He made fun of my team, so I punched his face sideways.

Peace ✌🏻
Sydney Kicker

Tell me how s**t it is so I can yell at you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney Kicker

Tell me how s**t it is so I can yell at you.

I'm actually a bit disappointed. I thought it would be far worse...

Forward line looks good. I think Steven and Smith are about as safe as midpricers get. Both have a history of high scores in the past. At least one should be a keeper and the other won't lose value.

Rucks are vanilla

Mids are getting a bit shitty. I'd only take one of Yeo and Cogs, not both, especially as you also have Oliver. There's a bit of potential value in both picks but not enough to make it worth the risk that they will both end up averaging around 105ish. I'd spend a bit more here to take more of the big guns with a proven potential to average 120.

Defence is a f$#%*&^ nightmare. You need at least 1 fair dinkum premo. Too many 40/60 or 30/70 breakout chancers. Again I'd ditch one of Houston or Dawson.

With your current team you should go ok but you may well get stuck with too many "almost" superpremos at the end of the season and hence leak a few points each week.

So perhaps ditch one premo or breakout candidate for a rookie and use the savings to upgrade a few near premos or breakout candidates to safer premos.

Yell away.

Over spent in the mids, but the team still looks splendidly balanced...nice.
i think the good midpricers are all defense and forward.
400k only really get you hanners in the mids and i dont trust him.
so i went all out in the mids and too my chances on the lesser scoring lines.

I'm actually a bit disappointed. I thought it would be far worse...

Forward line looks good. I think Steven and Smith are about as safe as midpricers get. Both have a history of high scores in the past. At least one should be a keeper and the other won't lose value.

Rucks are vanilla

Mids are getting a bit shitty. I'd only take one of Yeo and Cogs, not both, especially as you also have Oliver. There's a bit of potential value in both picks but not enough to make it worth the risk that they will both end up averaging around 105ish. I'd spend a bit more here to take more of the big guns with a proven potential to average 120.

Defence is a f$#%*&^ nightmare. You need at least 1 fair dinkum premo. Too many 40/60 or 30/70 breakout chancers. Again I'd ditch one of Houston or Dawson.

With your current team you should go ok but you may well get stuck with too many "almost" superpremos at the end of the season and hence leak a few points each week.

So perhaps ditch one premo or breakout candidate for a rookie and use the savings to upgrade a few near premos or breakout candidates to safer premos.

Yell away.
Thanks bruv, I was gonna split the $50k with you as well.

Ladies and kentlemen, the moment none of you have been waiting for, and rightly so. My SC scoring has been abysmal the last 3 years and I don’t expect that to change.
What I am expecting is some epic melts from yours truly, and the threat of razing the entire community to the ground after one shitty score.

Get ready pricks, I’ve been working on this setup for a good 12 minutes.

This is the squad I’ll be running bar injury/JLT form.

Go your hardest lads and ladettes.

I can take it, trust me.
*actual footage of me

View attachment 810691

Fish n Cripps V1

View attachment 810687
View attachment 810688

Relatively cookie cutter I know, but, I’m not running Macrae and Fyfe for the first time in 2 years. Big risks on every line.
Gotta risk it for the, um, yeah let’s run with biscuit because of Adsense.

To try and fit Macrae in I had to downgrade my M5 to Handlebary and I’m not confident he’s over his issues.

This was my attempt at fitting Macrae in.

Not running this squad, yet.

View attachment 810685

View attachment 810686

Only changes were Lloyd - Dawson
Bont - Macrae
Yeo - Handlebary

Now, I must warn all of you, play nice with my team as I possess the hardest punch on the SC board.

This is what happened to the last kenty that laughed at me.

View attachment 810690

He made fun of my team, so I punched his face sideways.

Peace ✌🏻
tenor(3).gif

I don't like to cheat, so I'll make it fair for everyone and post the winning 2020 SC team for all.
Sorry to ruin it for those who thought they might have had the winning team, better luck next year...

View attachment 811330
You sure thats not your dreamteam?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back