Rate my Team (Part IV)

Remove this Banner Ad

teamn.jpg

Anyone see any major problems with my team? Been working on it for awhile. Main changes lately are Dangerfield out for Hall (not confident with Danger being a big DT scorer). Also been playing around with Masten or Trengove. If I go Trengove I can upgrade Tippett to Sandliands for a more stable ruck division or Gray to Franklin/Pav. Other thing I've been playing around with is the last few spots up back. I originally had Malceski, Hunt and Waters but I'm not confident in having all 3 are they're big risks so I just went Hunt/Waters and upgraded Malceski to Mackie who I think will have a good year.

Thoughts?

teamn.jpg

Anyone see any major problems with my team? Been working on it for awhile. Main changes lately are Dangerfield out for Hall (not confident with Danger being a big DT scorer). Also been playing around with Masten or Trengove. If I go Trengove I can upgrade Tippett to Sandliands for a more stable ruck division or Gray to Franklin/Pav. Other thing I've been playing around with is the last few spots up back. I originally had Malceski, Hunt and Waters but I'm not confident in having all 3 are they're big risks so I just went Hunt/Waters and upgraded Malceski to Mackie who I think will have a good year.

Thoughts?

Mackie - I dont see mackie improving.
Shaw - Hasnt proven he can handle a tag for mine.
Masten - As the guys said on DT Talk, this guy will burn you... stay away.

The most you should spend on any 1 bench player is 115k. And you should only have 2 of them at the most.

Disagree with that. I think players like Waters, Moore, Rohan and the top midfield rookies could all be good bench selections. You want to get the best value out of all 30 positions, not just the best 22. I'd be a lot happier with a player like Trengove or Martin on my bench than Banner/Shuey/Jetta/Bastinac, as they have much better job security. Saving 50k on the bench is no good if the players you select aren't getting a game.

Ok, at this stage I think I may take a chance in the midfield and hope that Ball can keep up his pre-season scores. What you guys think?

PurpleHaze.jpg

Still have 57k remaining

Ok, at this stage I think I may take a chance in the midfield and hope that Ball can keep up his pre-season scores. What you guys think?

PurpleHaze.jpg

Still have 57k remaining

You could downgrade Harbrow to Malceski and upgrade Ball to a better premium but it's risky. Personally, don't trust Ball....at all.

OR...downgrade Swan to someone like a Selwood and upgrade Ball to someone like a Pendlebury. I reckon with the 3 rookie mid option you need a proven premium as your 3rd mid. Also Skipper is injured for a few months IIRC so replace him.

major issues here unfortunately. Spent way too much on your bench. The most you should spend on any 1 bench player is 115k. And you should only have 2 of them at the most.

Where do you get that figure of $115,000? Farmer, maybe because you have selected him in your team?

Regardless of the figure, you should never really place limitations on what you should and shouldn't do in this game. Every year the dynamics change and different strategies need to be considered.

The rookie options in the back line are very limited and spending say $150k on Waters would not be unreasonable by any stretch of the imagination. Especially if Waters is going to provide you with greater security and limit the number of zero's.

teamn.jpg

Thoughts?

I like this team!
i have a very similar team to this. I Actually think our backlines are identiacal! I think its important to spend some extra cash on the bench this year due to the lack of cheap bench options in areas of the ground other than the mids.
Nice Work!

Do you think does they provide managed forex account

Backs
Enright, Doughty, Hodge, Shaw H, Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt......Maguire, Silvagni

Mids
Bartel, Boyd, Goddard, Mackay, Martin, Trengove.....Banner, Shuey

Rucks
Clark, Ottens......Warnock, Lobbe

Forwards
Riewoldt, ROK, Gia, Buddy, Gray, Warren, Dangerfield......Rockliff, Gumby

Backs.....Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt.....I know the risks and this set up is not concrete.......yet......

Mids......I've moved Goddard in there......unsure of that yet. With him there I can utilise the DP card....with Doughty and Hodge in the backs if required. 2 rookies starting.....

Rucks.....Ottens......I know.......

Forwards....obviously if there is no cover for Buddy in R1, this set up will change. Gray.....have heard the rumours....i'm ignoring them for now...Warren....he's in that tricky price range...unsure yet, but he looked good in the pre season....

Any assistance appreciated....cheers......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs
Goddard Hargrave Hodge Newman Kennelly Ladson Waters Sheppard B Maguire

Mids
Swan Ablett Higgins Armitage Martin Morabito Trengove Jetta L

Rucks
Sandilands Hille Lobbe Grimley

Forwards
Riewoldt O'Keefe Rioli Ziebell Hall Dangerfield Daniher Rohan Gumbleton

Any constructive critisism would be much appreciated.
:cool:

Backs
Goddard Hargrave Hodge Newman Kennelly Ladson Waters Sheppard B Maguire

Mids
Swan Ablett Higgins Armitage Martin Morabito Trengove Jetta L

Rucks
Sandilands Hille Lobbe Grimley

Forwards
Riewoldt O'Keefe Rioli Ziebell Hall Dangerfield Daniher Rohan Gumbleton

Any constructive critisism would be much appreciated.
:cool:

Mate, if one of your rucks goes down you're in a world of hurt. Possibly reconsider the rucks bench.

Alternatively,

The Higgins/Rohan DP link works nicely to cover all fwds. If you had Tippett in the fwd line you could use the mids bench to cover all your fwds and rucks by utilising the double DP link.

Just a thought

Sadly it won't allow me to photo my team, so here's the list:

B: Goddard Enright Hodge Shaw Kennelly Hunt Ladson emg: Maguire, Farmer

C: Ablett (C), Swan (VC), Bartell, Ziebell, Martin, Barlow emg : Shuey, Bastinac

F: Riewoldt Chapman O Keefe Murphy Warren Dangerfield Duncan emg : Hitchcock Pods

R: Sandi Ottens emg : Warnock Lobbe

Feel free to fire away the feedback

-----------------------------------------------
Thanks for the feedback so far guys, but I'd like more.

To answer those thus far, yep Ziebell is partly there as a DP player, given I know I have some injury risks in the forward line. Having said that I'd take him anyway at his price but that did help him in my eyes.

I'm absolutely set on my backline...I do feel slight injury risks with Kennelly and Ladson but given the quality of the other 4 I feel quite happy.

I've considered whether to get a better third ruck but I don't want to waste money on a ruck I may never use so O'm gambling Warnock will get game time.

And Godzke, like your feedback but I'm keeping Duncan. With our injuries he'll play in the first few rounds, and he's ripping it up atm. Even if I have to sell him later b/c I'm worried about him holding a spot, I'll still make money.

teamn.jpg

Thoughts?

Get rid of Masten because he'll let you down. If you don't have the money for an upgrade I'd go Ziebell or similar.

Mackie can score big but is incosistent. If you want more consistency I'd go Kelly instead.

Hall's too much of a brain snap risk and they'll anchor him inside the 50 anyway.

I thought Gray was injured?

Other than that you're doing ok.

And Godzke, like your feedback but I'm keeping Duncan. With our injuries he'll play in the first few rounds, and he's ripping it up atm. Even if I have to sell him later b/c I'm worried about him holding a spot, I'll still make money.

That's fair enough.

BUT, you do know they must play at least 3 games to even get a slight increase in price?
Just thought it was worth mentioning, you don't sound to confident he'll play more than the first couple and rightly so.

Get rid of Masten because he'll let you down. If you don't have the money for an upgrade I'd go Ziebell or similar.

Mackie can score big but is incosistent. If you want more consistency I'd go Kelly instead.

Hall's too much of a brain snap risk and they'll anchor him inside the 50 anyway.

I thought Gray was injured?

Other than that you're doing ok.

Why Kelly?

Surely his 3 soft tissue injuries in the last 2 years must be a concern.

teamn.jpg

Thoughts?

Reckon thats the best side I have seen posted on here so far, not a fan of Hall who will avg 80 so would prob swap back for Dangerfield who has the potential to be a 90+ player.

Reckon thats the best side I have seen posted on here so far, not a fan of Hall who will avg 80 so would prob swap back for Dangerfield who has the potential to be a 90+ player.
That is a huge call, there is no way Dangerfield wil average 90+, at the most it will be 80 and proberly more like 70-75. Hall will be a better pick up beacuse he will average 80-90 and therfore earn you more cash and make it easier to upgrade him. although in saying that when you consider the price differance between Hall and Dangerfield it is proberly only worth getting hall if you have the spare cash.

Mate, if one of your rucks goes down you're in a world of hurt. Possibly reconsider the rucks bench.

Alternatively,

The Higgins/Rohan DP link works nicely to cover all fwds. If you had Tippett in the fwd line you could use the mids bench to cover all your fwds and rucks by utilising the double DP link.

Just a thought

You make a strong point about the rucks.
I was thinking of taking a punt here as a lot of people are saying Lobbe will get quite a few games this year, and Grimley is one of the only 2 rucks left standing at this time at Hawthorn.
At worst I would have to spend a trade if someone went down, but I will have another look at the options.
I do have enough cash to exchange Lobbe for Warnock.
Cheers :thumbsu:

You make a strong point about the rucks.
I was thinking of taking a punt here as a lot of people are saying Lobbe will get quite a few games this year, and Grimley is one of the only 2 rucks left standing at this time at Hawthorn.
At worst I would have to spend a trade if someone went down, but I will have another look at the options.
I do have enough cash to exchange Lobbe for Warnock.
Cheers :thumbsu:

Think of it this way.

If you keep Lobbe as your 4th ruck and put Tippett in the fwds, any time your number 1 or 2 ruck gets injured you can swap Tippett to the rucks and play a fwd bench player. Or in your case because you have Rohan / Higgins you can

Swap Tippett to rucks, Lobbe to fwd bench then

Swap Rohan to mids bench, Higgins to fwds (covering Tippett)

and play a mids bench player to cover your ruck.

Purely provides you better coverage and more options if you do get injuries so you don't have to burn trades.

Think of it this way.

If you keep Lobbe as your 4th ruck and put Tippett in the fwds, any time your number 1 or 2 ruck gets injured you can swap Tippett to the rucks and play a fwd bench player. Or in your case because you have Rohan / Higgins you can

Swap Tippett to rucks, Lobbe to fwd bench then

Swap Rohan to mids bench, Higgins to fwds (covering Tippett)

and play a mids bench player to cover your ruck.

Purely provides you better coverage and more options if you do get injuries so you don't have to burn trades.

Your logic is impeccible, I'll give it a whirl.:D

Created a team with only 2 premium mids......just out of interest sake

Backs
Goddard, Enright, Doughty, Hodge, Thornton, Harbrow, Hunt....Maguire, Silvagni

Mids
Montagna, Bartel, Martin, Trengove, Connors, Barlow......Banner, Shuey

Rucks
Clark, Ottens.....Warnock, Lobbe

Forwards
Riewoldt, ROK, Pavlich, Gia, Gray, Tippet, Dangerfield.......Rockliff, Pods

About 20k left......

Would anyone be ballsy enough to take the punt on 4 rookie mids starting??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back