Rate my Team (Part IV)

Remove this Banner Ad

@ South Swans

Not sure about having Nason on field. Will be a handy emergency but thats it.

Maybe downgrade Ziebell in the mids to a Trengove/Connors type then throw Nason to the bench and upgrade Davis who I dont believe will play >5 games this year.

Also try and squeeze Warnock into your ruck EMG. Looks to be Carltons #1 ruck with Kreuzer playing up forward. Other than that team looks strong.

By the way first bit of advice Ive ever given so forgive me if it sounds harsh or doesnt help you.

Goodluck for the year everyone

95050218.jpg

Well, I've been mulling around for a while about what to do, don't really like the 3 rookie mids thought happy with my defence as a result. Forwards will hopefully be good enough to get me going - hoping Betts will pull through for me. Thoughts?

Wow is all I can say about your defence. Incredibly strong. At least 5 keepers for sure. Im hoping 6 because I have Harbrow as well haha.

Not sure on Betts. Think he will need to be upgraded at some point so maybe save cash and go a Warren/Mayne type who should score similar but give you and extra 40k to play with.

Maybe use that 40k to upgrade Ball to a Watson/Cooney type who I believe will avg 5-10ppg more.

Just a couple of options and by no means a knock on your team because it is incredibly strong

144k left, few different picks to some people but most the same. (just click on the image to make it bigger)

My team is so top heavy it's ridiculous... still at this stage it looks like the entire roster will be playing round 1. But this year I'm punting the conservative 'safe' approach for sheer firepower.

Will report in after Round 4 with the realisation playing it safe had some merits after all...

Great forum guys and girls... Cheers

Rate Team / Help Fix!!

i dont kno how to copy and paste a team so here it is i feel my back is WEAK
Back: Duffield, R Shaw , L Hodge , H O'brien , C dempsey , Malceski , Tahg Kennely Bench : Maguire and Nason
Mid: J Selwood , J Watson , Ball , C Jones , Masten ,Mcviegh Bench : D Martin , Lewis Jetta
Ruck : P Ryder , Natnui bench : Lobbe Warnock
Forward: J Brown, Franklin, Lecras, Tippet, Ziebell ,Hall, Dangerfield
HELP

Wow is all I can say about your defence. Incredibly strong. At least 5 keepers for sure. Im hoping 6 because I have Harbrow as well haha.

Not sure on Betts. Think he will need to be upgraded at some point so maybe save cash and go a Warren/Mayne type who should score similar but give you and extra 40k to play with.

Maybe use that 40k to upgrade Ball to a Watson/Cooney type who I believe will avg 5-10ppg more.

Just a couple of options and by no means a knock on your team because it is incredibly strong

I have to disagree, every year players in that price range step up to become keepers, and before every season not many can see they will step up and play it safe picking the usual guys.

There's a few good indications that Betts will have a good year, whether he does or not is a different story...but these are the picks that will set your team apart from the pack if they come off.

Hey guys.
Have rated some other teams and was wondering if some people might like to mine a few thoughts:

Backs: Gram, Enright, Hodge, Heath Shaw, Harbrow, Hunt, Waters RES (Maguire, Nason)

Mids:Bartel, Pendles, Selwood, Trengove, Martin, Barlow RES (Jetta, Shuey)

Rucks: Sandi, Hille RES (Warnock, Lobbe)

Forwards: Reiwoldt, Okeefe, Pav, Gia, Tippet, Scott Stevens, Warren RES (2 of Hitchcock/Gumby/Pods/Rockliff/Duncan)

Cheers in advance for your opinions guys

Hey guys.
Have rated some other teams and was wondering if some people might like to mine a few thoughts:

Backs: Gram, Enright, Hodge, Heath Shaw, Harbrow, Hunt, Waters RES (Maguire, Nason)

Forwards: Reiwoldt, Okeefe, Pav, Gia, Tippet, Scott Stevens, Warren RES (2 of Hitchcock/Gumby/Pods/Rockliff/Duncan)

I have 26 same players. You'll get close to winning the bloody thing :p

Hey guys.

Really like this team, just not sure about Stevens - pretty solid, but unsure if there is much cash to be made with him. Popular replacement options include Hall, Ziebell etc in that price range.

What do you guys think of this team
B - Enright, Duffield, Grimes, Broughton, Hodge, Hunt, Waters (Macguire, Nason)
M - Bartel, Selwood, Watson, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Bastinac)
R - Sandi, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
F - Roo, ROK, Higgins, Gia, Tippett, Medhurst, Wright (Hitchcock, Gumbleton)
$82,700 in bank
Thanks

Not sure about Broughton this year, won't be good value and may or may not be able to back up his scores. Everything else probably down to personal taste.

Have I missed anything? Made any glaring mistakes?

246q7vo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for the opinions gocowsmoo. My finger has been on Stevens to Hall for days now. Just cant bring myself to do it. So yeh he is my only real query.

On your team, I like the strength of your backline. Watson looks a popular choice. Feel one of Watson/Stants/Prismall will avg 100+. Hard part is picking which one.
Medhurst will be inconsistent I feel, Wright should score well if he can cement his spot in the 22 for Kangas. Looks to have a rebounding role this year.
Rucks same as mine so thumbs up there.

Overall strong team with possibly 15 keepers so well done.

TDL is injured, I doubt Rohan will start R1 and Franklin is suspended. I've got no idea who Duncan is, so you have already lost 2 players getting points in R1.

Not sure how Cornes is expected to go this year. I'm surprised not many have picked Cooney. He is pretty cheap due to his injury problems last year.

Struggling if Warnock is a starting ruckman as well.

Duncan is a pretty handy young forward who apparently is starting round one. But I'll get rid of TDL or at the very least shop around. Cornes was amazingly reliable for me last year but I suppose we'll have to see. Warnock is a calculated risk. Maybe I'll have a look at Cooney for one of the more expensive starting midfielders and upgrade Warnock. Cheers.

Not sure about Broughton this year, won't be good value and may or may not be able to back up his scores. Everything else probably down to personal taste.

Have I missed anything? Made any glaring mistakes?

246q7vo.jpg

Stage 4 water restrictions?

I am pretty happy with my team - but still have to decide upon captain and Emergencies.

myteamk.jpg

Worst team i've seen posted on here. Where is the upside? How do you expect to get 20+ keepers out of that side by the end of the season? No use of DP? No interesting rookies? No scullgrove/martinlow?

Too many saints for my liking.

Who is your captain? I don't see any one worth selecting in that bunch. Going to be juggling your captain from week to week in frustration. Not good for your mental health.

My team will beat yours.

The more and more i read this thread i realise the team i made a month ago is no longer unique despite only changing 2 players due to injuries :( I wish certain players weren't so good in NAB and became the "standard" team rather than uniques.... so annoying... would have preferred if they did OK rather than ridiculously insane.

Thanks for the help guys. Been staring at my team so long that I have lost perspective. re: Martin - I left him out of my team to try and be a little - what is the word... unique.

Oh - should I bring Gray into that team instead of Brad Johnson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back