Rate my Team (Part IV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasting money on your emergencies IMO

dt2010.jpg

Different strategy/structure to most teams, I know.

dt2010.jpg

Different strategy/structure to most teams, I know.
youve got 16 starting players the same as mine :) Although i went for a risky midfield.

Goddard, Enright, Broughton, Hodge, Shaw, Mackie, Kennelly, (Maguire, Nason)

Bartel, Ball, Martin, Trengove, Barlow, Shuey, (Bastinac, Banner)

Clarke, Hille, (Warnock, 77ker)

Riewoldt, O'keefe, Lockyer, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Tippett, Hall, (Hitchcock, Roberts).

Backs : Goddard, Goodwin, Hodge, Kennelly, Brett Jones, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Slattery)

Mids : Swan, Ablett, Murphy, Kerr, Martin, Barlow (Banfield, Shuey)

Rucks : Sandilands, Nic Nat (Warnock, Prato)

Forwards : Chapman, Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Pav, Mehurst, Hall, Dangerfield (Hitchcock, Renald Roberts)

Disappointed I couldnt find anyone better then Brett Jones. I'm guessing thats going to be my early trade

Woah, that's a fair effort. Foward/Back Lines look very very solid
ty. Of the 6 players we have different, all of yours bar Betts ive had in my team for a long time in the lead up to round 1. Youve obviously got more security on your bench. Will be good to see who this plays out :thumbsu:

Finally locked in. This team will pwn all others in 2010. :p

2m6v1jb.jpg

Wow some absolutely cracking teams on here lads. Well done. Actually spent a bit of time on mine this year but not enough by the looks!!

Here's mine:
mvorb4.png

I really like your side. Defence & Mids very strong. Sweet ruck combo. :thumbsu:

Forward line is a bit light on though...might struggle if Roo goes down.

Goddard, Enright, Kelly, Hodge, Harbrow, Hunt, Waters (nason, silvagni)

Bartel, Pendlebury, Prismall, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (bastinac, shuey)

Sandilands, Hille (warnock, cucker)

Riewoldt, Okeefe, Pavlich, Higgins, Hall, Giansiracusa, Dangerfield (Gumbleton, Hitchcock)

Not that pleased with it but at least I wasnt pleased with my team last year
Players in bold are the most important to perform. Trengove is the most important. Aiming at 14 trades for upgrades.

Goddard, Enright, Kelly, Hodge, Harbrow, Hunt, Waters (nason, silvagni)

Bartel, Pendlebury, Prismall, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (bastinac, shuey)

Sandilands, Hille (warnock, cucker)

Riewoldt, Okeefe, Pavlich, Higgins, Hall, Giansiracusa, Dangerfield (Gumbleton, Hitchcock)

Not that pleased with it but at least I wasnt pleased with my team last year
Players in bold are the most important to perform. Trengove is the most important. Aiming at 14 trades for upgrades.
Not bad. All the usual suspects which are present in many BF dream teams. Im assuming that you think Harbrow will become a keeper this year? I personally think Waters is your most important player this year. Nason and Silvagni will be in and out of the Richmond and Freo sides all year. Waters isnt known for playing 22 straight games a year so with some shaky back bench players you really need Beau to avoid suspension and injury.

My team:
dt2010start.jpg

Audacious, I see you have the 4 starting rookies as I do. Obviously more risk but I considered it better to aportion the risk to the mids where I believe the kids have more chance of getting a run than starting a pods/hitchcock/gumby/rockliff on the field. Here's my team:

DT2010.jpg

Audacious, I see you have the 4 starting rookies as I do. Obviously more risk but I considered it better to aportion the risk to the mids where I believe the kids have more chance of getting a run than starting a pods/hitchcock/gumby/rockliff on the field. Here's my team:
Yeah i thought the 4 mids were more likely to get a game and be covered than starting a back or forward rookie too.

I see youve got Anthony in your mids. I got stung by Dalziell last year and couldnt bring myself to include Anthony. You have a somewhat unique team. I like 4 bulldogs in your team. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i thought the 4 mids were more likely to get a game and be covered than starting a back or forward rookie too.

I see youve got Anthony in your mids. I got stung by Dalziell last year and couldnt bring myself to include Anthony. You have a somewhat unique team. I like 4 bulldogs in your team. :thumbsu:

I didn't do the Dalziell thing last year, but I've copped some crap from a few in my league for picking Anthony. I can understand that, he's another risk. I like your backs, not much work to do there. The 4 bulldogs almost became 5 with Bazza in for the doubtful Gray. But in the end I really wanted Gray in the side so I figured I'll cover him for a week if need be. Now given Gumby's magnificent score that plan may unravel :eek:

Team :

Backs - Goddard , Enright , Grimes , Carrazzo , Hodge , Shaw , Waters (Maguire , Silvagni)

Mids - Bartel , Ball, Trengove , Martin , Barlow , Shuey (Bastinac , Howlett)

Forwards - Riewoldt, SJohnson, Okeefe , Brown , Pav, Gia , Gray (Gumby , Roberts)

Rucks - Tippett , Hille (Warnock, McCauley)

Thoughts ? :thumbsu:

my side is the best by a mile, watch and learn foosl

enright, kelly, hodge, carrazzo, hunt, waters, shoenmakers res: maguire, nason

bartel, montagna, thompson, martin, barlow, shuey res: jetta, bastanic

sandilands, hille res: warnock, trengove

riewoldt, ROK, brown, pavlich, giansiracusa, franklin, hall res: gumby, hitchcock

Wow - there are some great teams on here - thought I'd done my homework but...

for what it's worth...

B: BGoddard (D/M), CCornes (D/M), HShaw, NKrakouer, TKennelly, RLadson (D/M), JHunt (MMaguire, BNason)
M: GAblett, BGibbs, JSelwood, LHodge (D/M), JZiebell (F/M), DMartin (JTrengove, MBarlow)
R: ASandilands, MSeaby (RWarnock, MLobbe (F/R))
F: NRiewoldt, MPavlich (F/M), RMurphy, MLecras, KTippett (F/R), CMayne, MHitchcock (SGumbleton, RRoberts)

Wow - there are some great teams on here - thought I'd done my homework but...

for what it's worth...

B: BGoddard (D/M), CCornes (D/M), HShaw, NKrakouer, TKennelly, RLadson (D/M), JHunt (MMaguire, BNason)
M: GAblett, BGibbs, JSelwood, LHodge (D/M), JZiebell (F/M), DMartin (JTrengove, MBarlow)
R: ASandilands, MSeaby (RWarnock, MLobbe (F/R))
F: NRiewoldt, MPavlich (F/M), RMurphy, MLecras, KTippett (F/R), CMayne, MHitchcock (SGumbleton, RRoberts)
well thats one of the most flexible teams ive seen posted. I dont think C.Cornes was necessary as you already have Goddard D/M, and Cornes looks like he will slow up this year. A (D/F) would have given you more flexibility. Cant wait to see how many zero's teams that make use of this DP rule get.

i will need 6-8 upgrades for this team I say. I know it's only one game, but after Warnock's great score last night, I did some late night tinkering of the team last night to get the Tippett + Lobbe dual position combo in. I'll have the option to downgrade Warnock to a 77k ruck later in the year if he does increase in value enough and will have Tippett as cover for the Clark + Hille combo which is potentially risk injury wise.

Overall it's a pretty stock standard team with the exception of Scottie Thompson in the midfield who i can see increasing + 5 points average with the possibility of Vince attracting the first tag more often. He's very durable(missed 3 games in the last 5 years) which is important with 3 rookies in the midfield, with a average of 97-99 for the last 3 years getting the number one tag.

well thats one of the most flexible teams ive seen posted. I dont think C.Cornes was necessary as you already have Goddard D/M, and Cornes looks like he will slow up this year. A (D/F) would have given you more flexibility. Cant wait to see how many zero's teams that make use of this DP rule get.

I didn't pick him for flexibility, actually picked CCornes as he's going back into a floating back role, the one that made him so valuable earlier in his career. I think he'll get back close to the 100 average

Every man and his dog has Martin except me. That's possibly an exaggeration, but he must be in 90% of teams. My fortunes will largely depend on the outcome at the G this afternoon. I've backed Scully and Trengove to exceed Martin's output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back