Rate our youngsters

Remove this Banner Ad

This was done pre-season through a rating system thought up by speedy.
Only Criteria is players have to have played senior football and be 23 or under.
Numbers also reflect how I rank them. .

Possible star player (top 12 in AFL)
1. Wells
2. Smith

Possible elite player (top 50 in AFL)
3. Hale
4. McIntosh
5. McConnell
6. Swallow

Possible quality player (top 12 at club)
7. Petrie
8. Firrito
9. Moran

Probable good player (top 22 at club)
10. Trotter
11. Pratt
12. Perry

Possible good player (top 22 at club)
13. Gibson
14. Schwarze

Outside chance good player (top 22 at club)
15. Urch
16. Grima
17. Lower
18. Jones

Very unlikely to make it past delisting
19. Sansbury
20. Perkins

Only two players 23 or under on our list have yet to play a game - Riggio and Hutchinson

Changes for me from Feb:

• Smith moved into the top bracket and above Hale. His pre-season was the best I have seen in a long time, and definitely the best ever from a 19 year old. Arrogance and execution in 191cm body. He can be anything.

• McIntosh jumped up to possibly top 50. People haven't given enough credit to effectively his debut seasons. So much scope, still raw but a pretty good AFL season. Will get so much better

• McConnell and Swallow slot straight into possible elite. I still rate McConnell above Swallow, but Swallow would be the more certain bet because of the raw tools and attack on the ball. Can't wait to see a totally fit McConnell next year - especially considering what he can do with no pre-season, coming off GF as a 20 year old.

• Trotter downgraded from possible top 12 at the club to probable quality. Would like to have more faith, but some will probably think this is too much. Has to show it this year, but I know what I have seen before.

• Urch, Grima and Jones all downgraded to outside chances of becoming top 22 players

original link:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87747&page=4
really puts in to perspective just how great our 90s list was and the firepower needed to go all the way.

Great bump & should provide some interesting comparison shinboner magic - The current list management strategy is the most complete investment in draft I can recall by the club.

Possible star player (top 12 in AFL) *2 in 2006
1. Thomas
2. Powell
3. Davies-Uniacke
4. Horne

Possible elite player (top 50 in AFL) *4 in 2006
5. Phillips
6. Stephenson
7. Simpkin
8. McKay
9. Zurhaar

Possible quality player (top 12 at club) *3 in 2006
8. Larkey
9. Scott

Probable good player (top 22 at club) *3 in 2006
10. Lazarro
11. Taylor
12. Bonar

Possible good player (top 22 at club) *2 in 2006
13. Mahoney
14. Edwards
15. Ford
16. Xerri

Outside chance good player (top 22 at club) *4 in 2006
17. Bosenavulagi
18. Comben
19. Perez
20. P. Walker
21. Young
22. Ham
23. Spicer

Very unlikely to make it past delisting *2 in 2006
24. Hayden
25. W. Walker
26. McGuinness

I think Zurhaar is a little overrated, can't see him ever having the work rate to be a top 50 player. That's essentially a B&F candidate year in year out. He's a top 10-15 player at the club imo.

I actually think Lazarro has a good chance at being a top 5 in the B&F type once he gets comfortable at the level. He's a damaging user and mover. Suits the modern game.

I think Bonar is a potential Syd winner as a medium backman, he's a potentially better version of Firrito.

I think Zurhaar is a little overrated, can't see him ever having the work rate to be a top 50 player. That's essentially a B&F candidate year in year out. He's a top 10-15 player at the club imo.

I actually think Lazarro has a good chance at being a top 5 in the B&F type once he gets comfortable at the level. He's a damaging user and mover. Suits the modern game.

I think Bonar is a potential Syd winner as a medium backman, he's a potentially better version of Firrito.

Each to their own. I just think to date, Zurhaar has shown more prowess around goals then others on the list & has always teased as a player that could explode to that next level. He may not, but I think if he does take those steps, his ceiling is pretty high.

I wanted to put this in play the kids thread but it’s closed , so l’ll Put it in here.
In the Robbie Tarrant article on the North web page he mentions the young kids.
That they are all close and push each other and are the first to do all the extras.
This is music to my ears and this along will drive the bunch to get the best out of each other. Will create an environment and mate ship that will be hard for anybody to want to leave.
This turnaround has been quicker than a John Farnham comeback tour 😂

Last edited:
I wanted to put this in play the kids thread but it’s closed , so l’ll Put it in here.
In the Robbie Tarrant article on the North web page he mentions the young kids.
That they are all close and push each other and are the first to do all the extras.
This is music to my ears and this along will drive the bunch to get the best out of each other. Will create an environment and mate ship that will be hard for anybody to want to leave.
This turnaround has been quicker than a John Farnham comeback tour 😂

Getting some very small '93 vibes with this lot. Just need those couple of missing puzzle pieces. If Comben & Edwards get up to scratch..........Bonar the new Scooter down back, Mahony / Spicer to channel their inner Fruity / Grant........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was done pre-season through a rating system thought up by speedy.
Only Criteria is players have to have played senior football and be 23 or under.
Numbers also reflect how I rank them. .

Possible star player (top 12 in AFL)
1. Wells
2. Smith

Possible elite player (top 50 in AFL)
3. Hale
4. McIntosh
5. McConnell
6. Swallow

Possible quality player (top 12 at club)
7. Petrie
8. Firrito
9. Moran

Probable good player (top 22 at club)
10. Trotter
11. Pratt
12. Perry

Possible good player (top 22 at club)
13. Gibson
14. Schwarze

Outside chance good player (top 22 at club)
15. Urch
16. Grima
17. Lower
18. Jones

Very unlikely to make it past delisting
19. Sansbury
20. Perkins

Only two players 23 or under on our list have yet to play a game - Riggio and Hutchinson

Changes for me from Feb:

• Smith moved into the top bracket and above Hale. His pre-season was the best I have seen in a long time, and definitely the best ever from a 19 year old. Arrogance and execution in 191cm body. He can be anything.

• McIntosh jumped up to possibly top 50. People haven't given enough credit to effectively his debut seasons. So much scope, still raw but a pretty good AFL season. Will get so much better

• McConnell and Swallow slot straight into possible elite. I still rate McConnell above Swallow, but Swallow would be the more certain bet because of the raw tools and attack on the ball. Can't wait to see a totally fit McConnell next year - especially considering what he can do with no pre-season, coming off GF as a 20 year old.

• Trotter downgraded from possible top 12 at the club to probable quality. Would like to have more faith, but some will probably think this is too much. Has to show it this year, but I know what I have seen before.

• Urch, Grima and Jones all downgraded to outside chances of becoming top 22 players

original link:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87747&page=4
McConnell? Turn it up Zebras.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back