Rate the brownlow medallists

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does my mrs put clothes in the dryer when it's 35 degrees outside? I mean come on, not even a Brownlow medallist other than Adam Cooney would be that lazy.
I got rid of our dryer for that reason

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty good effort although I think goodes is to high.

I think people forget just how dominant Goodes could be. According to Roos he believes Goodes best year was about 2007 where he had a 10 week patch where he was essentially unplayable. He just did as he pleased.

There is also a reason that of all the guys Mark Thompson had at his disposal in the 2008 State of Origin game it was Goodes that he let run around and do whatever the hell he wanted to do.

He never failed a drug test whilst playing. He was never convicted of being a drug cheat whilst playing.

Your accusations, therefore, are demonstrably false. If you have verifiable proof to suggest otherwise, please provide links.

Cuz only did drugs post his career!

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
In order

Ablett
Smith
Williams
Lord
Bartel
Couch
Wanganeen
Liberatore
Woewodin
Warne-Smith
Skilton
Stewart
Moore
Hardie
Templeton
Black
Judd
Crawford
Goodes
Ware
Greeves
Dippierdomenico
Platten
Dangerfield
Box
Dempsey
Collier
Coventry
Collier
Swan
Mitchell
Hopkins
Stynes
Cotchin
Skilton
Greig
Blight
Round
Moss
Bunton
Lockett
Wynd
Cousins
Kelly
Harvey
Healy
Martin
McKernan
Grant
Watson
Others
etc.

Thanks for the heads up i forgot you were a match day umpire. What you think is irrelevant.
Brownlow and norm smith. Never been done before. Best ever. Join the dots
Match day umpires didn't vote the Norm Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Where do you rate each brownlow medallist from 2000 on as a player - from best to worst?

Been a plethora of threads rating individuals - where do you see them fit amogst their peers?

Shane Woewodin
Jason Akermanis
Simon Black
Mark Ricciuto
Nathan Buckley
Adam Goodes
Chris Judd
Ben Cousins
Adam Goodes
Jimmy Bartel
Adam Cooney
Gary Ablett Jr.
Chris Judd
Dane Swan
Trent Cotchin
Sam Mitchell
Gary Ablett Jr.
Matt Priddis
Nathan Fyfe
Patrick Dangerfield
Dustin Martin
That's a big ask separating that lot, Woey I'd exclude from that company but of course you'd have to have GAJ as the exceptional standout. The rest is; well; what team do you barrack for? I know I've got 2 in there but they're not GAJ

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Dosent matter you asked has he been in a winning final and the answer is yes.
Trent Cotchin has played in premiership and won a Brownlow Watsons career doens't come close Cotchin has already won more games kicked more goals and polled more Brownlow votes than Watson has in less games Cotchin was just behind Dusty as the second best player of this finals series Watson got flogged in most finals he played there is no comparison Cotchin is by far a superior player than Watson

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Also, I wish that Judd had have won it in 2011 and Swan in 2010. Judd's 2011 would be tied first on this list with his own 2004 if he had. And Swan was far more deserving in 2010.

Totally agree with this point, twas a strange occurrence that Judd won in 2010 and swan 2011 because clearly Judd was the best player in 2011 and swan was in 2010.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Trent Cotchin has played in premiership and won a Brownlow Watsons career doens't come close Cotchin has already won more games kicked more goals and polled more Brownlow votes than Watson has in less games Cotchin was just behind Dusty as the second best player of this finals series Watson got flogged in most finals he played there is no comparison Cotchin is by far a superior player than Watson

Cotchin didnt need to be a dartboard to win his brownlow.

If the eagles had cotchin in 2015 i think we would have won a flag - cant say the same for watson

If the eagles had cotchin in 2015 i think we would have won a flag - cant say the same for watson

If you had him in 2015 you probably wouldn't have even made the GF. That year he turned in one of the worst finals performances of all time, had one disposal in the first half.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
just a quick tally of career brownlow votes sees the list pretty much where I would see it with room to move for those whose careers are still going

ablett 234
Mitchell 227
Judd 210
Swan 186
Black 184
Buckley 178
Dangerfield 165
Goodes 163
Priddis 149
Cousins 148
riciutto 146
martin 134
fyfe 125
cotchin 117
bartel 116
Watson 113 (for arguments sake)
akermanis 107
Cooney 86
Woewodin 57

plenty of room for Dangerfield/fyfe/cotchin/matin to move up the list by careers end and gaz has a couple left in him to extend his already incredible lead!

Mitchell and Swan have admitted sucking up to umps gets you votes. Same as any industry I guess. You work with them every day/week for a decade they treat you with favour. Does make the award a joke and it's pretty irresponsible for the umps to play favoritism also robbing the individual who rightfully earned the votes.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
considering unit single season contributions, Dusty is indubitably top of the list, almost unanimous in footy circles that we just witnessed the greatest single season by a player in living memory.

Considered cumulatively, the x2 winners top the list.

But given we are comparing Brownlow medallists, an award based on single season outputs, I think the former evaluation is most apt.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley

He was good as * on drugs. If you had him you would've won 05 and went b2b.

Back