Opinion Rate the R1 debutants

Remove this Banner Ad

.....and this includes Rohan and Dahlhaus

1. Dahlhaus - I thought his tackling and forward pressure was excellent. The tackle on Treloar was ridiculous. Excellent Geelong debut.
2. Constable - looked very comfortable on debut. Great debut goal too.
3. Rowan - started like a bull in a China shop. No impact on the scoreboard ( he was my goal kicker selection)
4. Clark - looked poised
5. Miers - not sure if it’s the dreadlocks, but you noticed him. Great first quarter.
6. Atkins - showed glimpses

1. Dahlhaus - I thought his tackling and forward pressure was excellent. The tackle on Treloar was ridiculous. Excellent Geelong debut.
I've always been a fan of his and am confident that his form will rise again. I think he just lost his passion for the game @ WB and has rekindled it by returning to his hometown.
2. Constable - looked very comfortable on debut. Great debut goal too.
Getting good numbers and showing that he deserves his place. I liked how he stated even before he played that he was determined to secure his place in the best22 so it shows his confidence.
3. Rowan - started like a bull in a China shop. No impact on the scoreboard ( he was my goal kicker selection)
I also was happy for the Cats to pickup this guy and I think that his versatility will be perfect for the Cats and we'll see that as the season progresses.
4. Clark - looked poised
He's gonna be a class player when he gets a bit more experience under his belt.
5. Miers - not sure if it’s the dreadlocks, but you noticed him. Great first quarter.
I love his intensity and willingness to put his body on the line.
6. Atkins - showed glimpses
I loved everything this guy did. He's a great pickup and may even become my favorite player.

Miers needs to get a bit heavier, and learn how to tackle without simply being trampled.:D
Beams isn't a small guy and he crashed him in a contest last night but yeah he needs to work on a build to support that attitude of his.

Dahlhaus is ready made and had solid contributor in all areas. 8/10

Atkins had glimpses, won a htb free, then hit Hawkins on a lead for his goal, also linked up with a freakish one hander through the middle, then nicely steppped a defender, and showed vision hitting Selwood for his goal. A solid small forward contribution with excellent glimpses. 7/10

Rohan setup Danger for his miss and another goal. Also created a few chase down turnovers in the middle of the park. A few almost moments but speed was noticeable. 7/10

Miers applied good pressure but didn’t see enough of it and didn’t have a scoreboard impact. No deer in the lights moment but lack of size showed at times, a serviceable first game. 5/10.

Clarke gave some good run off HB, and has a nice penetrating kick which to good effect with his delivery to Hawkins early. He blazed away long inside 50 a few times when he perhaps could have lowered his eyes a bit and found a better spot to put it. Did his job defensively but maybe could have seen more of the ball in the second half. 6.5/10

Constable won plenty of the ball and provided pressure. Seems to have improved even from the JLT. Crucial late goal. 7/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back