Reading FC
Alien Covenant deserves a 1/10
giphy-3.gif

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
It's soooo bad. What are it's redeeming qualities?
Its no masterpiece obviously but it fills some of the gap between Prometheus and Alien with a somewhat interesting story and a dose of classic xenomorph. Sure the characters do illogically stupid things sometimes but when dont they in movies.

It was about what I would expect of a sequel/prequel these days. I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. When you compare it to something like the latest Predator movie, it looks like a masterpiece.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Its no masterpiece obviously but it fills some of the gap between Prometheus and Alien with a somewhat interesting story and a dose of classic xenomorph. Sure the characters do illogically stupid things sometimes but when dont they in movies.

It was about what I would expect of a sequel/prequel these days. I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. When you compare it to something like the latest Predator movie, it looks like a masterpiece.

It's a ******* terrible movie and the new Predator is even worse.

Prometheus was actually pretty great

That's cool idc.

I've only seen it the one time, at the cinema. And I loathed it- obviously. Bottom line- if they couldnt get Jodie Foster back for it, then it shouldnt have been made at all imho.

/I was working floor when it got transferred from MA to R. Jesus christ the hoopla that one film caused... I had to refuse entry to these 16 year old girls lol and tell them the bad news. "the movie literally got changed to an R rating in the 30 seconds it took for you to walk from the box office to podium, sorry I cant let you in".

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
I actually quite liked The Counsellor. I know a lot of people really hated it, but I thought it was an interesting take on the drug cartel lifestyle. It was written by Cormac McCarthy (a big plus) and featured another of his unusual murder devices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back