Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
NOT including your team

1. Western Bulldogs Vs Adelaide - Great test for both sides

2. Fremantle Vs GWS - Interesting contest here. Think the GWS runners will love playing at Domain

3. St Kilda Vs North Melbourne - Will be a better contest than the ladder suggests

4. Richmond Vs Hawthorn - Richmond a great recent record against Hawthorn. Don't see it being replicated against a Hawthorn side wanting to bounce back from the GWS game but

5. Collingwood Vs Carlton - Will see what Collingwood turns up. If its the Collingwood that played in the second and third quarters against West Coast they should win by a big margin but the travel factor will go against them.

6. Gold Coast Vs Melbourne - Two teams coming off disappointing losses in Round 6. Can see Hogan kicking another bag here if Rory Thompson is still out.

7. Port Adelaide Vs Brisbane - If Brisbane play like they did against Sydney I'd back them in but its a game Port should win

8. Sydney Vs Essendon - Sydney by a big margin. What's Franklin's record for goals in a game...

1 - Gold Coast v Melbourne - should be a cracking contest bewteen two teams that have been good in season 2016 and the winner of this match will be a chance to make something of this year. For the loser, they might find themselves back with the pack.

(Would rate st kilda v north here)

2 - Bulldogs v Adelaide - This looks like a terrific matchup between two teams whose only loss are to the same two teams - last year's premiers and the current ladder leaders.

3 - Collingwood v carlton - Because its Carlton/Collingwood. Form means nothing in these matches. Carlton could shock the pies here.

4 - Fremantle v GWS - Have a sneaky feeling Freo could get up but will be interesting to see how well the Giants travel over West.

5 - Port v Brisbane - See this as a bit closer than most would expect. Brisbane are good and will push a lot sides this year but at home Port should do enough you would think.

6 - Geelong v West Coast - A great indicator of where West Coast are at - have so far lost to the team looking most likely to win the premiership in Sydney and the team who won it last year whereas Geelong's only loss doesn't look so bad given how good the Giants are. Geelong simply amazing down there though.

7 - Sydney v Essendon - I'd love to see a team come out and belt Essendon - I think this could be the week.

8 - Richmond v Hawthorn - Oh dear. Poor poor Richmond. As if things aren't already bad enough they cop Hawthorn on the rebound. Could we see a record tumble this week?

Contests:
Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Should be match of the round.
Geelong v West Coast - Two teams in reasonable form.
St Kilda v North Melbourne - Saints are good for giving it a crack.
Port v Brisbane - Coin toss. Depends which Brisbane shows up.
Collingwood v Carlton - Mildly interested in who comes out on top

One-siders:

Fremantle v GWS - Freo likely to slow the game down as much as possible. If they succeed, it sucks. If they fail, GWS annihilate them. Yawn.
Sydney v Essendon - Sydney should win handily.
Richmond v Hawthorn - Should be a Hawks win, find it hard to get excited by Richmond.

st kilda vs north match of the round. i know north should win but they have essendon and carlton next. that would make them 9-0. now i think they're a very good football side but are they good enough to be 9-0? i mean that's 08 geelong, 09 saints, 11 collingwood good. just don't think they're one of the great teams of all time that people will tell stories to their children about. that's why i think saints will win in a shootout just to give some balance to the universe.

st kilda vs north match of the round. i know north should win but they have essendon and carlton next. that would make them 9-0. now i think they're a very good football side but are they good enough to be 9-0? i mean that's 08 geelong, 09 saints, 11 collingwood good. just don't think they're one of the great teams of all time that people will tell stories to their children about. that's why i think saints will win in a shootout just to give some balance to the universe.
isn't it also Freo 2015 good?

1. Sydney vs Essendon
Thirteeeenn, Thirteeeeen is in danger. I think the Swans midfielders will have their blinkers on and look for Franklin at every opportunity they get. There's a good chance that Franklin will out score Essendon by himself.

2. Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs
Top four on the line for both sides who are sitting 4-2. Should be a great contest with the Bulldogs defense hard to score against and Adelaide's potent offense and inside 50 efficiency making them hard to contain. This could be a thrilling game played at high intensity and fast pace under the roof at Etihad.

3. Geelong vs WCE
Geelong hasn't been able to knock off any top eight side apart from Hawthorn in Round 1. Great test for Geelong against another Premiership rival in West Coast at home. A win for Geelong on Saturday will confirm them as a genuine flag contenders for 2016.

4. Collingwood vs Carlton
Neither of these two teams have been impressive. But Carlton are slowly finding some form over the past two rounds and will fancy their chances of winning their 3rd game in a row for the first time since 2011. Former Collingwood player Dale Thomas is having a solid season recapturing his old form and could be in line to play a blinder on Saturday at the MCG.

5. St Kilda vs North Melbourne
St Kilda last week were impressive against Melbourne and found many avenues to goal. Tim Membrey kicked a career high 5 goals and gives St Kilda that ideal third tall forward behind Riewoldt and Bruce. He'll need to play well again this week if the Saints are any chance of causing an upset win against the inform team of competition North Melbourne who are scoring heavily in 2016 averaging 112 points per game. Spearhead Jarrad Waite is currently third in the Coleman medal race despite being 33 years old, he's having the best start to the season in his career and will need to be contained by the St Kilda defense. North Melbourne's form is to good to ignore and they should be able to record their 7th win from 7 games to remain unbeaten and on top of the AFL ladder.

6. Port Adelaide vs Brisbane
Port Adelaide have been disappointing so far. But despite their poor start they find themselves sitting 3-3. Not the worst win-loss record and they are still a decent chance to finish in the top eight if they can rediscover their best form. The Brisbane Lions were extremely unlucky against Sydney on Sunday in a game were they had a number of chances to hit the front on the scoreboard but wasted their opportunities in front of goal. The return of Dayne Beams will help strengthen their midfield and Schache will be a welcome return to their forward-line that is in need of another key marking target.

7. Gold Coast vs Melbourne
After being hammered by 120 points against Geelong, how the Suns respond here will tell us whether or not they'll be playing finals footy later in the year. A loss for the Gold Coast Suns against Melbourne will demolish any hopes of playing finals footy. A win for Melbourne would keep them in touch for the top eight.

8. Fremantle vs Greater Western Sydney
After beating Hawthorn by 75 points and scoring 158 points which is a club record for Greater Western Sydney, the Giants confident levels are at an all-time high and they'll be hard to knock off in this game coming up against a team in Fremantle who don't even look like a scoring threat. This game has the hallmarks of a blowout.

Last edited:
Collingwood was not 9 and 0 in 2011. They lost in round 8. Geelong was 9-0 in 2011 though. In fact they went 14-0. Also went 13-0 in 2009 as well.

Funny how "good" all three of those teams were. None of them won the grand final. Although at least the cats and Collingwood did win other years. :(

I'll let myself out.

1 - Gold Coast v Melbourne - should be a cracking contest bewteen two teams that have been good in season 2016 and the winner of this match will be a chance to make something of this year. For the loser, they might find themselves back with the pack.

(Would rate st kilda v north here)

2 - Bulldogs v Adelaide - This looks like a terrific matchup between two teams whose only loss are to the same two teams - last year's premiers and the current ladder leaders.

3 - Collingwood v carlton - Because its Carlton/Collingwood. Form means nothing in these matches. Carlton could shock the pies here.

4 - Fremantle v GWS - Have a sneaky feeling Freo could get up but will be interesting to see how well the Giants travel over West.

5 - Port v Brisbane - See this as a bit closer than most would expect. Brisbane are good and will push a lot sides this year but at home Port should do enough you would think.

6 - Geelong v West Coast - A great indicator of where West Coast are at - have so far lost to the team looking most likely to win the premiership in Sydney and the team who won it last year whereas Geelong's only loss doesn't look so bad given how good the Giants are. Geelong simply amazing down there though.

7 - Sydney v Essendon - I'd love to see a team come out and belt Essendon - I think this could be the week.

8 - Richmond v Hawthorn - Oh dear. Poor poor Richmond. As if things aren't already bad enough they cop Hawthorn on the rebound. Could we see a record tumble this week?
Be interesting to see the team selected for GWS for this weekend. They have traditionally left quite a few players at home when playing us at Subi. Wonder if they will do it again or stick with the current team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how "good" all three of those teams were. None of them won the grand final. Although at least the cats and Collingwood did win other years. :(

I'll let myself out.
well i dare say the saints kicked themselves out of it in 09, i think they were easily the best team that year.

and 08 was probably the best geelong ever was, they just inexplicably didn't bring it on grand final day.

Collingwood was not 9 and 0 in 2011. They lost in round 8. Geelong was 9-0 in 2011 though. In fact they went 14-0. Also went 13-0 in 2009 as well.
ah yes i stand corrected. none the less it takes a pretty special team to do that. are we really talking about north in the same league as geelong in their complete prime?

ah yes i stand corrected. none the less it takes a pretty special team to do that. are we really talking about north in the same league as geelong in their complete prime?
This is what happens now when we have 18 teams. Some teams get amazing draws and if they manage to pull off a couple of wins in their few tough games they can end up stringing a large amount of wins in a row.

Obviously excluding Cats v Eagles
2. Bulldogs v Adelaide
I'll be there :) . This will be my first "neutral"
interstate game . Can't wait! Hoping it's a cracker . Go crows

_______________ (daylight )
3. Freo v GWS- have a strange hunch that Freo will get up! GWS's record in WA is atrocious .

4. Port v Brisbane- involves 2 teams I like . Brisbane have had a tough draw /been competitive this year , but expecting Port

5. Tigers v Hawks - Tigers are their bogey team , but given their form , I don't rate their chances

6. GC v Melb- involves 2 teams I dislike . But will GC bounce back ?

7. Saints v North - involves 2 teams I don't like much. But North should win

8. Swans v Bombers- poor Bombers ......

9. Blues v Pies - so irrelevant that I forgot the match was even on. I hate the Blues though so I hope the Pies get up, fresh from Perth.

Last edited:
Obviously excluding Cats v Eagles
2. Bulldogs v Adelaide
I'll be there :) . This will be my first "neutral"
interstate game . Can't wait! Hoping it's a cracker . Go crows

_______________ (daylight )
3. Freo v GWS- have a strange hunch that Freo will get up! GWS's record in WA is atrocious .

4. Port v Brisbane- involves 2 teams I like . Brisbane have had a tough draw /been competitive this year , but expecting Port

5. Tigers v Hawks - Tigers are their bogey team , but given their form , I don't rate their chances

6. GC v Melb- involves 2 teams I dislike . But will GC bounce back ?

7. Saints v North - involves 2 teams I don't like much. But North should win

8. Swans v Bombers- poor Bombers ......

Post indicative of where last century's big VFL rivalry sits these days.

Yep ^ :). Can't wait. Never been to the ground before either.

Good weekend to go over, i'd assume your doing Friday and Sunday footy as well, enjoy it.

As for Simmonds I've been there a couple of times previously but not since 2000 and it's changed a whole lot since than. One thing that doesn't change but is Geelong weather, will be freezing I'm sure but an Eagles win will be better than any frost bite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back