Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
Pretty simple concept, rate the episode above you, similar to threads elsewhere on these boards.

Kicking things off
Bart's Girlfriend

"Bart's infatuation with the Reverend's daughter is short-lived when she steals the church collection plate and he is blamed for the theft. Meryl Streep guest stars. "

Pretty simple concept, rate the episode above you, similar to threads elsewhere on these boards.

Kicking things off
Bart's Girlfriend

"Bart's infatuation with the Reverend's daughter is short-lived when she steals the church collection plate and he is blamed for the theft. Meryl Streep guest stars. "

OK. I'll give this a shot.

Bart's Girlfriend. That episode is within season 6 of the Simpsons. As good an episode it is, amongst that season were other episodes such as Bart of Darkness, Itchy & Scatchy Land, Sideshow Bob Roberts, Lisa on Ice, Homer Badman, Homer the great, Homie the Clown, A star is Burns, Lisa's Wedding, Two dozen and one greyhounds and Lemon of Troy (It could possibly the best Simpsons season) which I consider better than Bart's Girlfriend. But Bart's Girlfriend would be considered a classic if it was amougst todays Simpsons. The main areas of the episode that stand out to me is when Bart is lured into the church by a heavenly singing voice thinking it is his girlfriend and it turns out to be Flanders and when Bart subotages Scotchtoberfest.

I would rate that episode an 8/10.

The episode I select for rate an episode (my favourite) is 'Sideshow Bob Roberts".

You dont need the massive spiel (altho it was a good read) a ranking can suffice

Sideshow Bob Roberts - 6.5/10

Behind the Laughter

You dont need the massive spiel (altho it was a good read) a ranking can suffice

Sideshow Bob Roberts - 6.5/10

Behind the Laughter

OK. Behind the Laughter. It appeared on season 11. I don't know why most people consider this a classic exactly. I actually thought it was Okay but not that good. 6/10 but I acknowledge that others rate it higher then I do.

Saddlesore Gallactica.

what was the quote in that ep. "Worst episode ever"

2/10 a low point in the simpsons.

episode on the other day, Lisa's Wedding
Lisa attends the Springfield Renaissance Faire, where a deck of fortune-teller cards spells out future wedding plans. Mandy Patinkin guest stars.

Solid episode when the simpson's were at it's peak. Not quite a classic episode but still enjoyable.

Lisa on ice.

Brilliant episode. Homer was a bit more a jerk than usual but there were some classic scenes, eg the pie, 'they'll be in direct competition with each other,' etc and a really good ending
8/10

Treehouse of horror V
In a Outer Limits parody, The Simpsons presents three tales of horror... In “The Shinning,”, no TV and no beer makes Homer go insane at an isolated mountain lodge and only Bart's shinning can save the family. Next, Ned Flanders becomes the ruler of a George Orwellian world after Homer adversely uses a toaster to change the past in “Time and Punishment”. Finally, overcrowding at the school's detention room and budget cuts in the cafeteria leads Principal Skinner to come up with a unique single solution in “Nightmare Cafeteria”.

Not a classic but a Solid episode. My favourite being superintendent chalmers having Lunch at Skinner's :D. 7/10

Skinner: [faking a yawn] Well, that was wonderful. Good time was had
by all. I'm pooped.
Chalmers: Yes, I guess I should be --
[notes entire kitchen is on fire]
Good Lord, what is happening in there?
Skinner: Aurora Borealis?
Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? A this time of day?
In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your
kitchen?
Skinner: Yes.
Chalmers: May I see it?
Skinner: Oh, erm... No.

:D:D

Homer Loves Flanders?.

Haha me and a mate of mine have recounted that entire seen from start to finish (song included) many times.

I personally love homer loves flanders, one of the best flanders-based episodes ever imo

9/10

Scenes form the class struggle in springfield

Haha me and a mate of mine have recounted that entire seen from start to finish (song included) many times.

I personally love homer loves flanders, one of the best flanders-based episodes ever imo

9/10

Scenes form the class struggle in springfield

Pretty good episode. Not one of the classics but very good and better than new stuff. Good story and side story but for some reason doesn't have many memorable moments apart from Homer and Burns golfing, and this quote:
Burns: do you think this Homer Nixon is related to Richard Nixon?
Smithers: I don't think so sir, their last names are pronounced and spelt differently.

6.5/10.

BTW I can't believe someone gave Bob Roberts a 6/10. That's one of the classics 9/10 for me. I love behind the laughter but can see how people don't like it. Oh well.

Next one: one of my favs. Homer's Enemy

Next one: one of my favs. Homer's Enemy

Good ol' Frank Grimes... AKA Grimey.

Simpsons at its best, definitely a 9/10 episode. I love how Homer just cannot work out why Grimey doesn't like him, and the lobster dinner scene is classic.

My favourite episode... King-Size Homer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpsons at its best, definitely a 9/10 episode. I love how Homer just cannot work out why Grimey doesn't like him, and the lobster dinner scene is classic.

My favourite episode... King-Size Homer.

King Size Homer is a very good episode. The scene that really sticks out in my mind is when Lisa says to Ralph "My dad may have put on a little weight but that doesn't make him a food crazed maniac" and then Homer drives past in a hijacked ice cream van eating an ice cream. One of the more subtle jokes that I found hilarious is when Lenny and Carl are walking past the radioactive gas tank and Carl says "it looks like that thing is going to blow" and Lenny says "who cares, it's Homers problem.". I give this episode 9/10.

Burns, Baby Burns. The episode where Burns has a son (Larry).

Yeah what I love about that episode is it brings in a relatively normal non-sitcom type person into Homer's world who reacts like a normal person would in his situation. However it's very funny and Grimey himself is also very funny.

Burns, Baby Burns. The episode where Burns has a son (Larry).

Very good episode, the guest character (Rodney Dangerfield) may feel a bit forced but the whole phoney kidnapping thing is great and the Dangerfield style jokes seem to mesh well. Loved the movie at the cinema "go faster grandma, grandma's gaining on us" and this:
Guy: this is our daughter, she came out last Spring
Larry: whoah! She's not done yet, put her back in.

And Burns' "I'm not made of airports get out!"

7/10.

How about "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire"

How about "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire"
I wasn't really a fan of the first 2 or 3 seasons. The show was still raw and the jokes were a bit different and this episode was no different.

It did have a good story though, so i'll give it 5/10

Rate my favourite episode ever: Homer Badman.

Rate my favourite episode ever: Homer Badman.

Outstanding ep, some of their best satire. 9/10

"Tonight on FOX, Homer Simpson, Portrait of an Assgrabber, starring Dennis Franz."

"Ooh, "Portrait," sounds classy!"

One of my faves: Lemon of Troy

9/10

Brilliant episode, never get sick of watching it.

Marge: Where are you going, Bart?
Bart: Mom, you won't believe this, but something you said the other day really got through to me. And now, I'm going to teach some kid a lesson.
(Bart leaves the house)
Marge: I choose to take that literally.
Bart: (yelling from outside) Death to Shelbyville!
Homer: (raising his beer) Yes, Bart's a tutor now. Tute on, son. Tute on!

One of my favourites - Bart vs. Australia

One of my favourites - Bart vs. Australia

Great episode. 8/10. Sure the Aussie stuff is a little bit off but it's also very funny.

Bruno: Ooh! Ah, that's it. I'm going to report this to me member of
parliament. [yells out window] Hey, Gus! I got something to
report to you.
[Gus tends his swine]
Gus: That's a bloody outrage, it is! I want to take this all the way
to the Prime Minister.
[they go down to a lake]
Hey! Mr. Prime Minister! Andy!
Andy: [floating naked on an inner tube with a beer] Eh, mates! What's
the good word?

For the next one I'll randomly generate it. Using random.org to pick a number between 1 and 440 episodes and wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_episodes) to see what episode that number is.

So next episode is "Simpsons Tall Tales" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_Tall_Tales

Not a great episode, the hobo getting a spongebath is clearly the highlight. Also like the bit where Tom and Huck are getting lowered into the coffins from above.

5/10

I choose not to randomly generate the next episode for review!

"Rosebud" (one of my personal favourites)

Not a great episode, the hobo getting a spongebath is clearly the highlight. Also like the bit where Tom and Huck are getting lowered into the coffins from above.

5/10

I choose not to randomly generate the next episode for review!

"Rosebud" (one of my personal favourites)

Love that episode. 9.5/10. Would be 10/10 but I suppose I have a few others in front of it. The 64 slices of American cheese bit, Homer's negotiation skills, "bring back sherrif lobo!", it's a cracker. One of my favourite bits is Mr Burns brother George "trust me it'll be funny when I'm an old man".

Next one (random):

Kinda new one sorry

The Bart Wants What it Wants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bart_Wants_What_It_Wants

Average ep, 5/10 nothing really funny in it IMO.

Homer's phobia.

Homer's phobia. This was a good episode. Homer taking Bart to do manly things was funny, particularly as Homer finds out that he took Bart to a gay steel mill and when bart wanting a smoke after sitting him down in front of a bill board. I think this episode won some sort of award but I forget what it was, but there were better episodes during the season. I would give it 7.5/10.

Regarding Homer Badman that someone already brought up, that is one of the episodes I would give 10/10.

Last Exit to Springfield.

Last Exit to Springfield is awesome.
10/10
Awesome storyline of the union battle. Awesome funny moments
Dental plan
where's my burrito
Don Homer
It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times
Homer/Burns negotiations
Homer running on the floor in a circle
Grampa's funniest ever story
The Beatles reference

Finally a good random episode
"Homer Goes to College"

10/10
Along with Homer Badman probably my favourite episode, brilliant story, the characters were all at their best, and some hilarious moments as well.

Ok that rating was Last Exit
Homer goes to college - 6/10, just not that great

Another personal favourite, Homers barbershop Quartet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back