Movie Rate the Tarantino directed movies

Remove this Banner Ad

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I tend to enjoy his gear, but I have to be in the right mood, weird bullet physics notwithstanding. Once upon a time being the only one I haven't seen. So I'd rate them all* in the 7-9 range.

* The only one I'd rate below that would be Death Proof. Just found that to be "meh" and shallow. Great direction and stunt work but not enough to carry the story(s) this time. It's the only one of his I've seen that I'm disinclined to rewatch. Maybe if I did I'd find more to like about it, but I'm not gonna.

Re: Stallone, like others, I think First blood is a cracker and the rest of the franchise is popcorn fodder, BUT, I found Last Blood (the Mexican/tunnels one) really impactful. The second half is meh action, but the first and second acts, "brothel" scenes, etc. leading up to the rescue and aftermath really stayed with me.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
When I watched Jackie Brown, my cat next to me on the lounge had a seizure and died. I paused the movie, went out and dug a grave in the backyard and buried her. It was now around 1am but I wasn’t going to be good to sleep so I watched the second half of it.

Probably not ideal watching circumstances, I should give it a rewatch.

Bearing that in mind, I'd rank them:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Kill Bill: Vol 1
6. Death Proof
7. Django Unchained
8. Kill Bill: Vol 2
9. The Hateful Eight
10. Jackie Brown

Last edited:

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
If you can get the The Full Bloody Affair version for a different take.

Both Kill Bill movies are both very good but the 4 hour combined movie is a masterpiece. The plot is fantastic. Every scene is brilliant. The casting and performances are perfect. The score is amazing. Only the final scenes let it down a little but otherwise it is one of the best movies ever made.

Both Kill Bill movies are both very good but the 4 hour combined movie is a masterpiece. The plot is fantastic. Every scene is brilliant. The casting and performances are perfect. The score is amazing. Only the final scenes let it down a little but otherwise it is one of the best movies ever made.
Can say that again.

tumblr_m8xmpyI0hH1qke7z9o2_500.gif

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From what I’ve seen - and I need to rewatch most of these. It’s been years since I watched a Tarantino film:

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Pulp
3. Django
4. KB 1
5. KB 2

….

6. Hollywood

joey_jo_jo

All Australian
Jun 25, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
After the obvious ones in Pulp fiction, reservoir dogs and KB I personally think jackie brown and Death Proof are under rated and two I rewatch often.
The thing I like about both of them is he challenges himself to do a straight up genre film and pulls it off, which really shows his talent as a film maker.

I feel like his movies since death proof are too much retreading of old ground and trying too hard to show of all his skills. I call it the midlife crisis tarantino era.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

The Movie Critic is the name of the script that Tarantino wrote and is prepping to direct this fall, according to sources.
Logline details are being kept in a suitcase, but sources describe the story as being set in late 1970s Los Angeles with a female lead at its center.

Sounds a little boring, tbf.

Hope it's more exciting than OUATIH was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back