Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
the other way around works better
Rocky first and last the best. Rambo First Blood, first movie great the rest rubbish. I think the best thing I 've seen Stallone do was a movie I think called Copland, what a cast , Sly really lifted his game , acted great, good show.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
I love the Coen Bros, movies . And the TV shows based on Fargo, the Fargo Movie, Francis McDormand was brilliant , actually she is brilliant in anything she does.
No Country, well the air gun killer, scared the crap out of me.

Is the wife of Josh Brolin's character, was she Nucky Thomsons wife in Boardwalk Empire?

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The ones I've seen

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Kill Bill 1
3. Kill Bill 2
4. Django Unchained
5. Pulp Fiction
6. Reservoir Dogs
7. OUATIH

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is some good news.

I hope the story won’t become the daughter taking over and Uma’s character takes a side step or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is some good news.

I hope the story won’t become the daughter taking over and Uma’s character takes a side step or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would it be then?

I thought it could be- and that Nicky character could come into it. Idk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Kill Bill Vol 1 (10)
2. Pulp Fiction (10)
3. Jackie Brown (9.5)
4. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (9)
5. Reservoir Dogs (9)
6. Death Proof (8)
7. Kill Bill Vol 2 (8)
8. The Hateful Eight (7.5)
9. Inglorious Basterds (5)

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Easily my favourite director. Just so entertaining and quoteable.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill vol 1
3. Django Unchained
4. Inglorious Basterds
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. The Hateful Eight
7. Kill Bill vol 2
8. Jackie Brown
9. Death Proof
10. Once upon a time in Hollywood

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
It seems reasonably common for people to have watched all his movies.
I have not.
I saw Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.
Wonderful movies at the cinema when I saw them.
Saw Kill Bill movies but found them way too wanky in style and might have seen Jackie Brown too and even kind of lost interest whilst at cinema as it was too weighted on style rather than substance of story and that seems to be the way he has turned out as a director.
Have seen Inglorious Bastards too but only on tv and quite like, but even in that could see the wanky style of his overdone but the acting by guy playing German officer was so good I was still able to enjoy the movie overall.

The few interviews I seen of the guy himself he comes across as very uninteresting thinker so it a weird journey to go from enjoying the first two movies I saw at cinema but then his own established style became very old to me quite quickly. The Kill Bill and Jackie Brown movies were massive let downs at cinema for me and kind of that become my expectations if I watch any of his movies since so I doubt I seen the others except Inglorious Bastards. Have no desire to either.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Forgot to rate.

Reservoir Dogs 8.5/10
Pulp Fiction 8.5/10
Inglorious Basterds 6.8/10
Jackie Brown 4/10
Kill Bill Volumes 3/10

True Romance which was only partly his movie give same rating as Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction as very enjoyable movies at cinema and 8.5/10

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rocky first and last the best. Rambo First Blood, first movie great the rest rubbish. I think the best thing I 've seen Stallone do was a movie I think called Copland, what a cast , Sly really lifted his game , acted great, good show.
I think I saw Rocky 3 at cinema as a kid and then saw Rocky and Rocky 2 on video after that. All great moves.
I do not recall 4 or 5 being anything special but one of them was really poor.
Rocky Balboa was a great movie and probably enjoy just as much as the original Rocky movies.
Creed was good flick too.

First Blood was absolute brilliant action movie for it's time. There was nothing like it in those times and that style was what all actions movies went for over the top stuff after that into the late 80's and 90's.
The other Rambo are ok, bit nothing like Rocky Balboa, Rocky, Rocky 2, First Blood or Rocky 3.
Stallone I seen in other movies like Copland and prison movies that struggle to remember name of and enjoyed but were just good flicks like Creed rather than great movies like First Blood and Rocky.
Absolute brilliance to create 3 or 4 movies of such quality in move making career.
Absolute icon of action movies and generally I not an automatic fan of movies only really aimed to be action movies.

The Movie Critic is the name of the script that Tarantino wrote and is prepping to direct this fall, according to sources.
Logline details are being kept in a suitcase, but sources describe the story as being set in late 1970s Los Angeles with a female lead at its center.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back