Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Honourable loss overall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peter Bell has brought great shame and we should fold

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Deliriously happy overall.

Conca has an important role to play as a defensive midfielder I believe. He won't magically become a gun but he'll fulfill a role.

Lobb is perfect for us. Amazing mark and good goal sense. Perfect foil for Darcy. Stoked.

Colyer is a bit left-field... But for a future 4th, eh? Who cares. Maybe they have a role in mind for him.

Hogan... Just wow. Still can't believe it. I really can't. I was so sure the intial rumours were bull, and when we said we were pulling out of negotiations I was certain it wasn't going to happen. We got him. We finally got him

We actually might have a semi-functioning forward for the first time since 2013. Which changes EVERYTHING about our side. Exciting.

Hogan is a massive, massive tick, Lobb is a tick, Conca/Colyer are very meh pickups for nothing. Neale leaves a massive hole. 7 or 8/10 depending on how confident you are that Conca/Colyer can offer anything (I don't think they do).

4 experienced pick-ups so they'd have to be a bit of pressure on us doing a little better next year.

Honestly? I think we ****** around a lot and pissed off a lot of people unnecessarily for little gain. We ended up getting the players we were after in the end as it was - so that's a plus. I just think our approach was a bit off, and reading between the lines of various commentary it's highlighted that the club does indeed have some internal issues right now.

Most of you lot won't give a **** what other clubs think about us - or call it sour grapes from the media perspective, but I'm inclined to be less positive about the club than I was a few months ago, which is saying something.

On the flipside of all of that - hopefully Bell can straighten some of that out, and I hope that we either promote Walls to list manager, or get someone A-class in so that Rosich can go back to being a corporate bulldog.

So yeah - I'm excited for Hogan and Lobb, meh on Colyer and Conca, excited for pick 14, but overall 50/50 on how this all played out rather than the result (which I think was great)

Youve lost Lachie, eventually the heart thats broken does mend.:)

Think Tabs has an important role to play off a HFF, similar to the role Jenkins plays for Adelaide. He can roam up the ground, take relieving marks down the wing etc. It's a role we really missed this year - way too many turnovers on long get out of jail kicks down the wing, leaving us wide open on the counter.
His field kicking is atrocious though. Hogan will be better at it or McCarthy even for that role. Cox, Lobb, Hogan and Tabs does not fit in one fwdline

His field kicking is atrocious though. Hogan will be better at it or McCarthy even for that role. Cox, Lobb, Hogan and Tabs does not fit in one fwdline
BpG says you should stick to the dramatic arts and scriptwriting instead of foooooootball analysis...

:straining::straining:

BpG says you should stick to the dramatic arts and scriptwriting instead of foooooootball analysis...

:straining::straining:
Haha ok, I'll stick to watching games in the mean time where Tabs either bombs it down the line whenever he marks it or misses a target.

Last trade period we compromised our draft position this year to bring in Wilson (absolutely best 22) and Matera (best 22 when played forward, surely). With that in mind, if you look at how the club has improved our draft position this year, while still bringing in Hogan, Lobb etc - it's jaw droppingly good over the last two years.

Out: Neale, Weller, Crozier, Balic, + picks (including future 2019 picks)

In: Wilson, Matera, Brayshaw, Cerra, Dixon, Crowden, North, Meek, Switkowski, Jones
+ Hogan, Lobb, Conca, Colyer
+ picks 14 etc

An oversimplification as it doesn't include retirements and delistings, but they don't have any currency in this discussion. Am I missing anything?? :huh: Nett result = massively in our favour?

or McCarthy even for that role.

McCarthy's inside 50s have been elite when he gets a chance, hopefully he will get more opportunity to show us (and motivation to do so because of the pressure for spots). As others have said he could play in that real link up role while still kicking goals, the only comparison I can think of is Andrew Embley (sorry). Would love to see Hogan and McCarthy roaming around f50 while Lobb and/or Tabs stay more full forward. Cox playing between HF and FF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can we make the poll public please? be funny to see how many trolls get lured in with the last option.

I'm pretty darn happy overall. My only issue is Colyer but at least I see the rationale behind it. I think. WA lad with a cheapish contract who somewhat addresses our lack of small fwds with real pace. inb4 he's turned into a small defender

I've had the same buddy for 7 years, don't even know where to start :(

You can start by staying the hell away from Brayshaw. I see you, eyeing another tough inside mid with a winning smile, but it's not happening mate.

Life goes on Arc, you could show some benevolence and adopt a Conca or Colyer. Both are looking like the terminally ill 3-legged dog at the RSPCA shelter atm

Was the Colyer one a little bit of Belly getting high on trades and not knowing when to step away from the table? Admittedly he'd had a pretty good day but you gotta know when to walk away rather than chase the buzz.

Happy we didn't sell the farm for Hogan and Lobb is a good pick up. Colyer I am very meh on and I still do not see the point of Conca. Managing to get Hogan and Lobb and still coming out of it with a 1st round pick as well as getting back into the 2nd round puts it in the positive for me but I am not as bullish as others.

You can start by staying the hell away from Brayshaw. I see you, eyeing another tough inside mid with a winning smile, but it's not happening mate.

Life goes on Arc, you could show some benevolence and adopt a Conca or Colyer. Both are looking like the terminally ill 3-legged dog at the RSPCA shelter atm

I picked up Neale from when he was drafted and stuck by him, so I think i'll look at who we pick up in the draft ahead of bandwagoning an established player ;) Not that I have a great track record in picking them - I had Pitt before Neale.

Stoked with the overall result.

I agree with Arcassius a bit in that its again suggested that there may be problems within the club (to some extent there probably is at all clubs), on the bright side it also appears the club isn't looking to ignore it.

Belly definitely got the results but was the walk away comment needed? Maybe not but even if him and Rosich rubbed a few people the wrong way this year our new list manager can shrug it off next time and remind them they are dealing with him/her.
..... Alternatively we just cannonball Belly back in again and see what happens.

Here's hoping the team gels and takes a step forward next year.

I picked up Neale from when he was drafted and stuck by him, so I think i'll look at who we pick up in the draft ahead of bandwagoning an established player ;) Not that I have a great track record in picking them - I had Pitt before Neale.

I don't think it's bandwagoning if nobody else wants them but fair enough. I know the feeling, believe me. Of all my buddies only Brayshaw and Sutcliffe are still on the list :$

I’m tempering my expectations for a few reasons:

• Still a bit worried about Hogan’s foot and whether he’ll get on the park in the short term. I’m glad we didn’t give him a long contract and he’s had a pay cut - but more than just Hogan being keen to get home, it worries me that he didn’t push for more. Time will tell. Hopefully the supporter base will give him time to settle in and not turn on him from the start. Also... we haven’t been the best club at bringing injured players recruited back on the park.
  • Lachie’s output and leadership will not be easily replaced. Even if we hope the young ones step up, his loss is a big one. I’m still really disappointed he bailed instead of seeing the course through.
  • I know we’ve been dying for quality in the forward line, but we are still dying for elite-skilled mids and Mundy is on his last legs. Conca is a big body, but doesn’t fill that description. However, he’ll at lest protect the kids.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that these all worries are unfounded.

Overall, pretty glad we brought these players in while keeping a selection in all rounds intact.

We have swapped Lachie for Hogan, which is a big win in my eyes .

I am not Lobb is a big upgrade on Taberner or Cox, and Conca, Colyer are just fringe players. Don't mind signing them, but 3 years is too much

Back