SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
Nah still like Tyler. Don’t mind his understated nature, no need to holler..let the crowd make the noise. Seems to call the players accurately and his comments still interesting enough.

Don't think it's understated, I think he's catatonic.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
I think he’s class….still

He's 78, he's done. He has the voice but not the delivery or content. Nostalgia the only thing keeping him locked in at SBS. Thankfully done after this WC you would think.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Don't think it's understated, I think he's catatonic.
He just talks crap as if he's the main attraction. The Cup brings together players from all over the world which aren't familiar to the majority of us who watch the Cup and we'd like to know who these players are, that is, their names, not some esoteric gobbledegook.

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Kewell awful. Has offered no insight and was basically just cheerleading.

Also what was with him regularly stopping what he was saying mid sentence. Was weird.

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How do we feel about Harry referring to the Socceroos as "we", "us" or "our" basically 50 times a game? I'd rather he didn't do it but that's perhaps an old school approach on my part.

Last edited:

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
How do we feel about Harry referring to the Socceroos as "we", "us" or "our" basically 50 times a game? I'd rather he didn't do it but that's perhaps an old school approach on my part.
Terrible. Commentary needs to objective.

Him calling Behich Aziz every time is horrendous.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Harry Kewell and most Australian commentators are crap. I know Martin Tyler has gotten a bad rap over the last few years but I would have him for every single SBS game, including Australia’s matches, over any of our own contingent of commentators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad