Rate the TV commentators and pundits

Remove this Banner Ad

'The competition' being top level football in England. The PL is the male equivalent of the Super League. Karen Carney has played at the top level in the female equivalent of the PL.

This is really not that hard.

LOL.

Karen Carney at her highest level played at many levels below Premier League. The results have shown top level women's teams are about the same standard as U15s boys.

LOL.

Karen Carney at her highest level played at many levels below Premier League. The results have shown top level women's teams are about the same standard as U15s boys.
But playing ability doesn't matter

But playing ability doesn't matter

I thought I covered that. The TV presenter person/main commentator person doesn't need to be an expert. The expert co-commentator and studio panelists should be have played or managed at the level of the game we are watching.

LOL.

I just don't see how you aren't getting it. The posts I quoted from earlier in the thread were saying gender had nothing to do with it now you're saying it has everything to do with it.

I thought I covered that. The TV presenter person/main commentator person doesn't need to be an expert. The expert co-commentator and studio panelists should be have played or managed at the level of the game we are watching.

Why?

I just don't see how you aren't getting it. The posts I quoted from earlier in the thread were saying gender had nothing to do with it now you're saying it has everything to do with it.

No. You are not getting it. It's about standard regardless of gender.

No. You are not getting it. It's about standard regardless of gender.

Oh I get it mate. I got it weeks ago when we first had this conversation. You might get it one day, who knows.

I used to find Peter Drury annoying but he has grown on me over the last 5 years or so. It's a shame Jon Champion is in the USA, really like his less is more style. Jim Proudfoot speaks too much and I enjoy Joe Speight. Tony Jones (who called the UEFA Super Cup) is a shocker - dreadful voice, dull and regurgitating stats I've heard 100 times before.

The co-commentators don't annoy much. Beglin and Townsend are solid. In terms of the studio pundits, Ian Wright belongs on Arsenal TV to be honest.

All I'll say is Seema Jaswal's husband is one lucky man.

I used to find Peter Drury annoying but he has grown on me over the last 5 years or so. It's a shame Jon Champion is in the USA, really like his less is more style. Jim Proudfoot speaks too much and I enjoy Joe Speight. Tony Jones (who called the UEFA Super Cup) is a shocker - dreadful voice, dull and regurgitating stats I've heard 100 times before.

The co-commentators don't annoy much. Beglin and Townsend are solid. In terms of the studio pundits, Ian Wright belongs on Arsenal TV to be honest.

All I'll say is Seema Jaswal's husband is one lucky man.
I like Drury a lot too, his command of the English language is great. But it is unusual to criticise Proudfoot (love his voice, also think he is great), for speaking too much when Drury sometimes needs to wind it back a bit.

I actually think Wright is very good, he is very balanced I find, even with Arsenal - will call a spade a spade.

I really, really miss Ian Darke. Though I notice he was back last season.

Alan Parry was my favourite but he does very few games now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jim Proudfoot looks nothing like I imagined.

He looks like he could really * you up.

prouda.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back