Rate your club’s window

Remove this Banner Ad

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score your clubs window out of ten. Be helpful and list your clubs major in’s and out’s.

Score your clubs window out of ten. Be helpful and list your clubs major in’s and out’s.

Adrian on a free what more does a football club need! 10/10

Oh and we have made about 35mil from selling depth players too.

For me it's a 10.

Pepe is huge, as is Tierney. Ceballos will be handy, and we could have done worse than Luiz. Saliba's year loan hopefully has him ready for the first team next year.

With the return of Nelson and Willock, ESR promoted to the senior team, hopefully we see more of them, and Saka too.

And we shifted some deadwood in Jenkinson, and we managed 34m for Iwobi. Lichsteiner, Welbeck out too is 200k off the books. A shame to lose Ramsey and Kos, but that's football.

Best window we've had since I can remember.

I should be giving us a zero as we are serving a transfer ban and we lost our best player and cant replace him. But the loan army/academy has certainly saved our arses big time.

4/10

Chelsea FC

In.

Kovacic £40m
Abraham (recall)
Mount (recall)
Zouma (recall)
Pulisic (recall)
Batshuayi (recall)
James (recall)
Tomori (recall)

Out.
Hazard £90m
Morata £59m
Aina £9m
Dasilva £2m
Angban £5m
Omeruo £5m
Kalas £8m
Redan £3m
Palmer £3m
Luiz £8m

To Sell still.....
Zappacosta
Bakayoko
Kenedy
Moses
Drinkwater
Hector (Fulham in January)

For me it's a 10.

Pepe is huge, as is Tierney. Ceballos will be handy, and we could have done worse than Luiz. Saliba's year loan hopefully has him ready for the first team next year.

With the return of Nelson and Willock, ESR promoted to the senior team, hopefully we see more of them, and Saka too.

And we shifted some deadwood in Jenkinson, and we managed 34m for Iwobi. Lichsteiner, Welbeck out too is 200k off the books. A shame to lose Ramsey and Kos, but that's football.

Best window we've had since I can remember.
Pépé is an interesting one. I’ve put him as the best signing this season in the predictions thread, but it’s a bit hard to say as he has only played in a farmers league. Arsenal definitely had a very good window though, and the fans I assume are stoked considering the expectations going into it

I should be giving us a zero as we are serving a transfer ban and we lost our best player and cant replace him. But the loan army/academy has certainly saved our arses big time.

4/10

Chelsea FC

In.

Kovacic £40m
Abraham (recall)
Mount (recall)
Zouma (recall)
Pulisic (recall)
Batshuayi (recall)
James (recall)
Tomori (recall)

Out.
Hazard £90m
Morata £59m
Aina £9m
Dasilva £2m
Angban £5m
Omeruo £5m
Kalas £8m
Redan £3m
Palmer £3m
Luiz £8m

To Sell still.....
Zappacosta
Bakayoko
Kenedy
Moses
Drinkwater
Reckon you’ll have a huge spending spree next season. Probably a £200-300m window.

Tottenham have had the best window out of the top six in my opinion. Significantly strengthened with first XI players and have managed to keep hold of all their stars
despite rumours around some of them (Eriksen, Alderweireld).

Arsenal have done a lot of business but their defence doesn’t look that much better to me. Luiz is a calamity unless the system is perfect and Tierney has spent his entire career in a second rate league, there’s no guarantee he can make the step up to a top 6 PL side. Pepe is an exciting signing though, I’m looking forward to watching him.

United easily the worst window. Sold their main goalscorer without bringing in a replacement. Madness. Wan-Bissaka and Maguire are good players who improve them but I don’t think that offsets the lack of business they did at the other end of the pitch.

It’s amazing to think that players who never play or anyone has really heard off still can go for up to ten million these days. Aina, Angban, Kalas - who are these people

7/10

Ins:
Gomes
Delph
Gbamin
Kean
Iwoeful
Lossl
Sidibe (loan)

Out:
Lookman
Gueye
McCarthy
Vlasic
U23 players

It was 9/10 until they wasted 30m on a guy who couldn't decide whether to drink water or a bottle that says bleach. Transfers that type of decision making onto the pitch with an inability to hit the target from 0.01mm.

Rest of the signings are boss. Gomes who already fits straight into the team having been apart of it for a year. Delph is a proven EPL player and can play in a number of positions. Gbamin will take some time but has the physical tools and can pass a ball which is something Gueye couldn't do. Kean is young, brash and oh so full of talent. Needs to be nurtured but is already 1000 times the player DCL is and 3 years younger. Lossl is a decent back up for the bench if Pickford gets injured. Sidibe is a high quality back up right back to help challenge Coleman and take some of the time away from his aging irish legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In - VDB - 1.5m
Elliot - free (tribunal fee tbc)
Adrian - free

Out - Ings - 20m
Mignolet - 8m
Wilson - 2m loan fee
Grujic - 2m loan fee
Awoniyi - 1m loan fee
Moreno - free
Sturridge - free
Bogdan - free to a good home

1/10 for our transfer window. With moneybags Spurs splashing the cash and Arsenal spending up big on Afterpay now was the time for us to strengthen after a successful 18/19 season. What was needed? A creative #10 midfielder. A backup to Robertson. Neither was purchased. Time will tell if this bites us in the arse but being outspent by Norwich in a transfer window and Chelsea (who have a transfer ban) isn't great.

Really think Iwobi will do well with you Brades. Give him a go before writing him off.
Created more chances than any other Arsenal player last year or something like that?

I honestly think he's underrated. He needs to work on that final decision making and finishing, but I think he'll be a valuable player for Everton to dovetail with the likes of Richarlison and Bernard.

Created more chances than any other Arsenal player last year or something like that?

I honestly think he's underrated. He needs to work on that final decision making and finishing, but I think he'll be a valuable player for Everton to dovetail with the likes of Richarlison and Bernard.
Arsenal had a rotating cast of creators though. They weren't quality chances either

8/10.

Added some talent to positions we were thin at and upgraded in others.

Brought in Maupay, Trossard, Webster and Mooy and really only lost Knockaert.

4/10

Chelsea FC

In.

Kovacic £40m
Abraham (recall)
Mount (recall)
Zouma (recall)
Pulisic (recall)
Batshuayi (recall)
James (recall)
Tomori (recall)

Out.
Hazard £90m
Morata £59m
Aina £9m
Dasilva £2m
Angban £5m
Omeruo £5m
Kalas £8m
Redan £3m
Palmer £3m
Luiz £8m

To Sell still.....
Zappacosta
Bakayoko
Kenedy
Moses
Drinkwater

Incredible Moses is still at your club. Testimonial soon? Willian might just get a testimonial too, pray for Gosha if that happens..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back