Autopsy Rate your team 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

We are currently 4/300, with some 2 set batsmen. However, we have a notoriously long tail so could be all out for 350 or 5/650 dec at the end of the year

Next two games make a massive difference for our score.

If we finish 9th or 10th its probably a PAR considering pre season expectations.

Make the finals is a Birdie even if we don't win one.

Win a final would be an Eagle in my opinion.

Bogey for us currently, par if we make finals. Had a really soft draw and haven't capitalised. Have played some fantastic games but have played some horrific insipid football at times also. Don't think the progress has been great with some of the kids and we are still gifting games to blokes
You'll be fine next year. To be contending for finals in a year after 2016 you've done very well. You've got good youth, but some of your senior players are done. Good spine and you'd hope Aaron Francis comes on next year to slot into that spine.
Hurley, Francis, Hooker, Daniher in KPP posts is pretty reasonable.

Parish, McGrath, Merrett, Fantasia, Heppel, AMT, Stewart, Laverde. You've got some pretty decent kids. I think with a bit of intelligent recruiting and trading you can get yourselves right into position to contend regularly for finals from next year onwards.

Bogey. Didnt have a big driver in the bag without a ruckman.played some excellent shots at times but let down by some serious yips on the greens

Its a hard one. Would like to say we made par. But far out if par is 18th then its not much of a par.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're good off the tee, the lay-up shot landed roughly where we wanted but it looks like the pitch to hit the green in regulation ended up in the rough. We have about a 4ft putt for a par 5 but it should be no issue.

Back at the clubhouse after the round is done will be where we get down to business...

Fine for a few holes then did a Robert Allenby.

Claimed we were abducted, but it turned out we were just out on the piss for too long and forgot who and where we were and what we should have been doing.

We have chipped into the cup from 50 meters in a bunker with a Sand wedge to pull a ridiculous birdie.

Bogey for us I'd say.

We won 12 games last year (but from an easier draw) and then added some real quality to the team in Carlisle, Steele, Brown and Stevens, but we weren't able to really improve much, if at all this year, on the back of those additions (and the improvements from the likes of Billings, Roberton, Ross, Sinclair and Longer), because for various reasons far too many of the older ones on our list had significantly worse years this year (eg. Steven, Riewoldt, Montagna, Armitage, Hickey, Weller, Dempster- who were all top 11 in our B&F last year) and McCartin- who we were hoping would be ready to really step up this year- struggled initially and then when he was starting to go OK, got concussed again.

So what we were hoping would be a year where we'd really take the next step and play finals ended up being a real transition year, with the younger ones on our list taking far more ownership of the team and being the ones most instrumental in most of our wins.

It was no longer Riewoldt, Steven, Montagna, Armitage and Dempster lifting us over the line.

We were far more competitive interstate this year (beat Freo in Perth, smashed Hawthorn in Tassie and so easily could have beaten West Coast in Perth and Port in Adelaide) and we've apparently had 40 more scoring shots than we'd had to this point last year, but our accuracy in front of goal has been atrocious and the gap between our best and our worst is still far, far too big.

I think Essendon has been extremely average. When you consider our draw, excellent run with injuries, good forward line and solid defence we should really have pushed top 4.

about the 7th to 10th best team but some exciting youth coming through
Good call. Port had an easy draw, but are getting wins against those not as good as them, but losing to the teams above. Would be interesting to see where they would sit if the season was 17rds.

Houston is a great kid, SPP will do well but hasn't been managed well. Needed a few more rests.

Not sure what they are doing with their fwd structure or why they are playing their best mids up forward so often (Boak, Gray, Whingegard).

Team: B-
Coaching staff: C-

Alright you non finalists, settle down.

Regardless of finals it's an eagle. I, for one, was uncertain about how we would go this year. I knew our game plan would be better to watch, but I thought I'd be alright picking us to finish somewhere between 5th and 16th. Now, a win next week WILL see us finish top 4. Beating my very broad expectations. If we win a final, it's an eagle but a good eagle, win two and it's an albatross Cotchin forbid if we win the flag it's hitting 18 hole in ones.

Good call. Port had an easy draw, but are getting wins against those not as good as them, but losing to the teams above. Would be interesting to see where they would sit if the season was 17rds.

Houston is a great kid, SPP will do well but hasn't been managed well. Needed a few more rests.

Not sure what they are doing with their fwd structure or why they are playing their best mids up forward so often (Boak, Gray, Whingegard).

Team: B-
Coaching staff: C-

yep

I have serious questions about coaching decisions. I feel Ken is the right senior coach but needs quality guys underneath like Phil Walsh and Alan Richardson. The return of Brendan Lade has definitely helped but we probably need to improve the coaches box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back