Rate your trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Thought it would be interesting for people to look back and see how much you improved or how badly you screwed your side with the trades you made. Will be more interesting later on when trades really have an effect as the season wears on.

Winner

R2. Robinson > Kennedy - Robinson was knocked out and was always going to lose money with 21 in R1. But he hasn't gone too badly since. Kennedy has since kicked 10 goals, avg 105 DT and is the 3rd best forward atm. 7/10.

R3. Zorko > Westhoff. Zorko has plain flat out sucked this year. Westhoff almost tripled Zorkos R3 score and is the highest DT scorer of the year so far. 10/10

R3. Toumpas > Moloney. Toumpas went down from his rookie starting value. Moloney actually raised more in value than some cows - plus the added bonus of points you can rely on. 8/10

Loser

R2. S Selwood > Barlow. Maybe jumped the gun here, was worried about him tagging too much. Against the Dees you don't need to tag and he smashed out a 142. Because of the trade I have lost 49 points already. Will have to wait and see but its a loser atm. 2/10

R2. Watts > Kennedy - better scores and made cash :thumbsu: 9/10
R2. Zeibell > Moloney - same as above :thumbsu: 8/10
R3. Mitchell > Wines - same as above :thumbsu: 8/10
R3. Robbo > Neade - between Robbos price drop and Neades increase 95k better off after one round, with more $$ to come :thumbsu: 8/10

Round 2: LeCras to Vickery (3/10) Pocketed 12,000 but this is the only positive - should have gone Hoff
Dangerfield to Griffen (5/10) 21 points better average and +$33,200
Round 3: Zorko to Dwyer (9/10) same output (51 points each) and +$99,400
Griffiths to Birchall (5/10) +106 points and +$25,300 although can't rate it that highly because I
shouldnt have picked Griffiths in the first place

Round 2:
Maric > Krooze (4/10) I thought it was gonna pay off dividends. Hindsight is a bitch.
Patton > JJK (10/10) Best possible trade.

Round 3:
Macaff > Dwyer (7/10) Decent trade but still dirty I didn't go Zorko to Hoff like I was going to.
Embers > Moloney (8.5/10) Made nice coin, and avoided the Embley vent storm :p

Round 2:
Smith -> Kreuzer (3/10) In theory this trade was near perfect and would have been an 8/9 if Kreuzer had not of got injured. Smith found some form this weekend to rub salt into the wound

Harper -> Rowe (9/10) Freed up cash and gave me a DP link with Cox. Rowe has actually outscored Harper in the games since the trade as well.

Round 3:

Zorko -> Neade (8/10) With Neade outscoring Zorko this week and freeing up over 350k in the trade, a great result overall at this stage.

Karnezis -> J.J.Kennedy (9/10) JJK looks in ripping form this year and Karnezis obviously being dropped made this much easier

Round 4:

Kreuzer -> Goldstein (7/10) Goldy has been solid so far. Leunberger may have been the better option here and could have made me some more cash.

Kommer -> Crouch (4/10) Kommer has come back in after his suspension whilst Crouch has been out for a month with his injury.

Round 5:

Viney -> Mayes (9/10) Great trade, Mayes has made plenty of cash and has scored well.

Blicavs -> S.Johnson (10/10) Perfect trade thus far, Stevie J has smashed it.

Round 6:

Pittard -> Vlastuin (9/10) Pittard has missed a fair amount of time with his hip injury whilst Vlastuin has scored extremely well and looks like he will make plenty of cash.

Gibbs -> Birchall (8/10) Gibbs was out for the two weeks which made this trade a great one. Birch is a must have in defense.

Round 7:

Dwyer -> Lonergan (7/10) Hard to say after just one week. So long as Lonergan holds his spot I will be content with the trade.

Stevenson -> Ellis (9/10) Great trade thus far, Ellis looks he could be my D6 for a while if he keeps up his scoring.

Round 2:
Danger > Swallow (10/10) Swallow just dominating, and Danger struggling. Got off him early and it paid off.
Fyfe > Barlow (4/10) Looks bad so far but Barlow will come good, never should have made it though. Was worried about Fyfe getting too much attention.

Round 3:

Zorko > Hoff (10/10)
Karn > Dwyer (6/10) Meh trade, make a little cash that's all. Allows me to get the big premo this week though.

Round 2

Lee > Dwyer (6.5/10). Just a trade to fix up my rookies. Fielded Dwyer this week (51) but not last week for his 90. Generated some money faster. So far so good but a bit of a nothing trade.

Longer > Leuenberger (8/10). Leuenberger's been about as good as expected. Only really picked Longer for team structure and to hold onto Burger's spot before his return.

Round 2 trades were a bit meh.

Round 3

K.Mitchell > Moloney (9/10). Extra points and extra money. Can't complain about that. 3 vests in a row means Mitchell won't be a very fast cash cow.

I.Maric > J.Kennedy (7.5). Maric had a good week (91) but lost money. Kennedy had a big week (113) and lifted his price quite a bit. I'm worried about his consistency though.

I think my non-trades were quite good this week though. I backed Deledio, Cox, Hartlett and Franklin in and they repaid me with big scores and mostly maintaining their value (Buddy dropped a little but he's got a reasonable BE this week).

Round 2
Roughead -> Rockliff. Happy with this one as rockliff has scored higher so far, and i believe he will continue to do so. still not sure why I picked roughead initally (7/10)

Daw -> Leuenberger. Was always going to go with this one after Leuy was selected round 2 (8/10)

Round 3
Byrnes -> Kennedy. Definite win here in terms of both cash and points (10/10)

Murphy -> Liberatore. ugh. worst trade ever. Libba made hardly any cash, and the trade cost me 60 points. (0/10)

R2
Watts -> Stevenson (10/10) Just getting Watts out early is 10/10. Biases aside its prob more like 5/10 due to Stevensons quiet match last round
LeCras -> Rockliff (8/10) Lost a good cash cow early and only made the trade cos I offloaded Watts

R3
Karnezis -> JJKennedy (8/10) Another cash cow trade. Wish Karnezis was getting more game time though
Dangerfield -> Swan (7/10) Just wanted a reliable premium midfielder

R2.
Lecras -> Leunberger (8/10) Had always planned to make berger my R2. Just got him in earlier than i thought I would be getting him.
Currie -> Rowe (8/10) made an early call to get rowe in. Looks to have paid off as he'll get a nice price rise this week.

R3.
Karnezis -> Westhoff (10/10) Was tossing up whether to go to westhoff or lecras and decided friday afternoon to lock in the hoff. thank ****
JPKennedy -> Libba (1/10) Made me 20k but geez.

Dangers -> Pendles - I didn't feel good about this one but I love pendles and dangers b/e was too high
Karnezis -> Westhoff - Like everyone else this has paid dividends and I would be stuffed otherwise.

Downsides, I left zorko (had to trade one of dangers or zorko) and now will cop a huge price drop and will have to offload him this week to someone

Rd2
Lucas > Wines WIN
Macaffer > Leuenberger WIN
Rd3
Greene > Liberatore (made 80k from their respective price increase/decrease) points wise in Rd3 0-0 draw but overall = WIN
A Goodes > JJ Kennedy = massive WIN

I'm pretty happy with all of my trades so far, but so many of my premo's & mid pricers letting me down big time with below par early season scores. Danger, Embley, Karny the standout under performers still in my team. (One of those 3 to be traded out this week) along with Kreuz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 2
Currie -> Rowe - 8/10 (Common sense trade; Currie was closer to starting pre-Round 1 but as soon as Hampson went down and Casboult's form was poor, this was an easy solution. Rowe is now cover for Patton too, making it very easy to bring Leuey in)
K. Mitchell -> Crouch - 7/10 (I lost out on the first price rise but saved myself a later trade with Mitchell's de-elevation)

Round 3
Dangerfield -> Howlett - 7/10 (Took this on after a lot of people went to Libba Jnr. and was looking for a unique option who might provide greater consistency, whilst burning Danger early. So far so good, but will hold for probably only another week or two max, especially with Hodge's excellent early form)
Wright -> Westhoff - 9/10 (Perhaps should've been Zorko out given Wright's solid enough score this week but the fact is there was a massive gain with Westhoff)

Round 2:

Masten -> Murphy = Probably a loss so far. Murphy scored well on the weekend but not well enough to warrant the extra money I spent bringing him in.

Watts -> Leuenburger = Massive win. Freed up money and avoided Watts 30 odd point game. Leuey has since put up a couple of solid 70 odd scores.

Round 3:

Zorko -> Westhoff = Huge WIN. Around 95k pocketed from the trade, an extra 89 points for the week and gained Westhoff's price rise and next weeks -20 BE.

Karnezis -> Kennedy = Another big Win. This scored me an extra 62 points (Kennedys 113 instead of Dwyers 51) as well as a nice price rise from Kennedy and another low BE this week.

It's safe to say. I'm fairly happy with my round 3 trades :D

Round 2 -
Tom Lee -> Dwyer. Obvious win.
Longer -> Luey. Obvious win.

Round 3 -
Zorko -> Kennedy. Huge win and 200+ thousand in the bank.
Danger -> Swan. In terms of this week, it net me and extra 10ish points, not a huge deal. However having Swan in my team > Not having Swan. So definitely a win.

Round 2:

Maric > Kreuzer - Last week I'm thinking "awesome trade! Made 100k and Kreuz outscored Maric". This week...*cries*.

= 2/10

Longer > Leuenberger - No brainer.

= 9/10

Round 3:

Dangerfield > Moloney - Pocket the 200k, avoid Danger's price drop, take Moloney's price rise, Danger only outscores Moloney by 13, win win win.

= 10/10

Macaffer > JJ Kennedy - Again, no brainer.

= 9/10

Round 2:
Broughton to Monfries (10/10) broughton was a stupid Idea, on to a winner in gussie.
Yarran to Gibbs (7/10) missed out on bryce's 150, but still consistently in the 90s and above sofar.

Round 3:

Byrnes to Dwyer (8/10) made some cash, dwyer may not light it up, but still out performing Byrnes for under half the cost.

Round 4:

Ryder to leuenberger (-/10) Ryder plays a blinder then gets suspended, not happy.

I rate the last two as I don't really sacrifice any scoring power, but I pocket some 450k

Round 2

Gwilt to Terlich (10/10)
Made easy by Gwilts injury and took the risk on Terlich before he played a game. Has made round 4 trading easier already having him (as well as keeping Rowe and avoiding the Blicavs move)

McEvoy to Luenberger (5/10)
Jumped the gun after McEvoy looked slow round 1 and thought I don't wanna lose cash on the trade or be forced to trade week 3 so jumped the gun early already having Jacobs and Cox (forward). Has cost me points (1300th ish still) but didn't end up spending the money in round 3 which has made the trade worse. However Luey already in the team and my theory was if Luey had played round 1 I would have taken him over McEvoy anyway.

Round 3

Karnezis to Dwyer (5/10)
The trade should probably be rated higher if I look at the trade in isolation but I was tossing up between Dwyer and Westhoff and chose Dwyer. Not only did I not choose Westhoff it then meant I played Varcoe over Dwyer when Westhoff would have meant Varcoe (12) benched. This has cost me a current top 200 ranking so I am probably overly sour on this trade.

Macaffer to JJ Kennedy (10/10)
An obvious trade, Macaffer dropped and JJ Kennedy tonnes up and made cash.

Mixed results, If I spent the money I got from McEvoy to Luey by getting Westhoff it would have made all trades better but I went too cash grabby.

Round 2:

No trades.

Round 3:

Zorko -> Westhoff. Obviously after one round this is looking 10/10, grabbing the Hoff's big price rise, avoiding Zorko's drop and pocketing the difference, but it's the sort of trade which will need to be watched over the year. Zorko was picked wit the intention of being a keeper, if the Hoff can become that keeper then it's a big win. If he tapers off ... less so

7-10/10

Varcoe -> Kennedy. Big win. Varcoe injured so I avoid having to trade him this week (which would've been compounded by Patton's injury) and I get onboard JJK before his price rise and favorable draw.

10/10

Round 3:

Zorko -> Westhoff. Obviously after one round this is looking 10/10, grabbing the Hoff's big price rise, avoiding Zorko's drop and pocketing the difference, but it's the sort of trade which will need to be watched over the year. Zorko was picked wit the intention of being a keeper, if the Hoff can become that keeper then it's a big win. If he tapers off ... trade him to SJ
Edited. ;)

Rd 2:
Koby Stevens -> Matt Jones (8/10)
This was more of a cash grab initially, but Jones looks like a legit player who cemented his spot in the 22 on the weekend. In hindsight, I should've traded Mitchell instead.

Z.Smith -> Leuey (7/10)
Should've started with him and played Blicavs in the first place. Would've scored around the same and saved a trade!

Rd 3:
Karnezis -> JJK (10/10)
Can't argue with someone averaging a ton for that price tag.

Zorko -> Dwyer (3/10)
Needed to trade him before he lost any money, but Dwyer probably won't make enough cash as a cow given his JS.

Karnezis-> Kennedy 10/10

Mitchell -> Wines 10/10
Went the cheap option.... see above.

Rampe -> Jones 10/10

Lycett -> Neade 10/10

Karnezis selection decision 5/10 seduced by NAB cup form.

Mitchell selection 4/10 failed to find out he was elevated based on an LTI and tried to save cash.

Rampe 3/10 just wanted a round 1 playing rookie rather than a researched selection.

Lycett 0/10 Last minute trade before round 1 lock out.

Makes the trade ratings not look so great because 3/4 were in my team all preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back