Rate Your Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
How was your 2018? Are you hanging for it to be over or did it tick all the boxes?

I had a great time hanging out on maternity leave with baby Mary until May, but I struggled going back to work in a lesser role. I've just taken my old job back (part time) but had a big falling out with my oldest friend. I lost my father in law but celebrated Mary's first birthday and welcomed babies of friends and family.

For me, I give it a 7.5/10.

5/10

It was a tough year for me. A lot of adversity from marginal events that built up all at once, mental space was consumed with self-pity, didn't really build any new meaningful relationships, existing relationships with friends didn't get strengthened because I rarely saw them, a few failed relationships with women, and didn't see family much. A lot of learning was done and I guess I'll be all the wiser for it. I did have some good moments doing work I enjoy and then landing a job that could get me to where I want to be.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
7.5/10

First half was awful. Hated my job and the general direction of my life. Second half I embarked on a new direction and am now very happy and excited. Highlights for me are every single time I got to hang with my baby nephew, so much fun when they grow a little and you can play with them and what not. I love being unky pb.

Catgirl

Club Legend
May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
8/10

Was a bit of a wild year for me. Lost a shitload of weight which has done wonders for my confidence, but also have done a lot of hardcore partying that could easily have taken/derailed my life. It's a wonder I lived tbh.

There have been a lot of standout moments where I've stopped to just appreciate how great life and youth in generally really is, which I don't think I got to do much of in previous years. Finally got to travel to where I've always wanted to, and it changed my life. Cut off a lot of dead weight. Above all, think this year has taught me that I need some time to really isolate myself bc that's the only way I actually get s**t done

I enter 2019 with a much clearer idea of what I want to achieve

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
5/10

Pros: moved out of home, got a great job & car, started my adult life, went on my first holiday, had a decent relationship for a few months that didn't end poorly
Cons: put on a bit of a weight, battled with suicidal thoughts after a pretty shitty December 2017, felt very alone living by myself and slowly losing my high school friends

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
7.5/10

First half was awful. Hated my job and the general direction of my life. Second half I embarked on a new direction and am now very happy and excited. Highlights for me are every single time I got to hang with my baby nephew, so much fun when they grow a little and you can play with them and what not. I love being unky pb.
You'd be a fun unky I reckon

A rollercoaster , to the point where I’m struggling to rate it:

Pros:
-Eagles Premiership and being there on the big day for the trip of a lifetime - ticked off a bucket list item ❤️
-Getting 1x much wanted and 1x dream job rotation for next year .
-My trips to Adelaide/Melbourne /Tasmania
-Getting a project published and another presented at a conference , a pay rise and a promotion due to starting advanced training
-Having more free time to myself due to being done with exams

Cons:
-Multiple physical (mostly) and mental health scares and struggles requiring numerous hospital admissions and investigations and related stress
-Workplace bullying
-Relationship issues

Overall the Pros (especially due the flag) outweigh the Cons so 7/10. Without the flag it would probably be a 4.

I’ve had a tough couple of months since the flag but things are finally starting to look up so I’m hoping for a better 2019.

I'd give it a 6.5/10

Pros: continued recovery from OCD, found a great new friendship group at school, saw Taylor Swift live, the benefits of having my tonsils out
Cons: went from a healthy to an overweight BMI, did worse at school than I expected, the pain of having my tonsils out

Most things end up cancelling each other out so I end up on roughly a 5, but Taylor helps tick it over.

Overall though, I'm positive about where I'm heading in 2019. Great friendship group, not much school left (and a solid plan for after school) and a plan in place for exercise (which I struggled with because of my tonsils).

Now I'm going to get all mushy, but I got back into BigFooty in August, and the BFFCL, FJGD and GD boards have been so welcoming and I've loved all the discussions and banter throughout the back half of the year. Here's to 2019!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Probably an 8.
- Work was good. Nothing spectacular but nothing wrong.
- Made the state Crossfit Masters Qld finals in my division
- Traveled Europe for a month.
- Most importantly, I got my badge in the song contest.

Nothing really bad either. A couple of minor health issues and Essendon's slow start to the season.

1/10. Dad killed in an accident, brother and mother fell out over the estate and no longer talk, fiancee diagnosed Stage 4 and given twelve months.

Looking forward to a better 2019.
I am so sorry.
Speechless. I actually don't know what to say Caesar other than what Perthgal said above- I'm so sorry that you /your family have gone through this :(

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
1/10. Dad killed in an accident, brother and mother fell out over the estate and no longer talk, fiancee diagnosed Stage 4 and given twelve months.

Looking forward to a better 2019.

I'm sorry to hear about your rough ride this year Caesar. These might be empty words from an anonymous Bigfooty floggo, but your contributions on here over the years are some of the very few that have changed the way I think, and that have stuck in my mind even when I'm logged off. I wish you all the best and hope the new year brings you the comfort you need.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Started well (debt free for first time in 15 years) middle of the year was s**t (incident with police, Nanna died and seeing uncles come close to blows over the will), end of the year relocated overseas to one of the safest countries on the planet and finally for the first time in over five years have a job that is enjoyable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back