Rate Your Year

Remove this Banner Ad

That I was on my computer too much in class :D

hmmmmm

Nah seriously i took great offence at that- im always wandering the class, checking on kids and offering help. Was utter horseshit.

Not on Big Footy???

Go onto the Run n Spread profile page get my posts on the S and P board. All the education the kids will ever need.

That I was on my computer too much in class :D

hmmmmm

Nah seriously i took great offence at that- im always wandering the class, checking on kids and offering help. Was utter horseshit.

But know what you mean. 2 complaints were made earlier in the year about me (1 work 1 not) where in hindsight I think well hold on that was pretty bloody offensive and annoying. And while I took no notice at the time probably should have as when I had to deal with some trivial frivolous s**t later in the year had no time or energy for it.

I don't like this thread anymore. Years downgraded to a 3. :(

I’ll give mine a 6.

Working at same job, I’m a casual but working a lot of hours. I’ve just applied for a permanent position but it’s super competitive so will see how it goes.

One of my best friend is moving interstate and I don’t really have any other close friends and didn’t make any new ones either.

My son made captain of his school next year and passed everything was very proud.

Would like to make a lot of changes for next year.

About a 6. Went overseas for 5 weeks which was fun on its own merits and it was also good in that being away from home that long helps you identify what you don't like about your normal day-to-day life (you can do this at home too but it's vivid when you're thousands of kilometres away). On that second point I didn't do as much to effect change as I'd like but it's a work in progress. Literal work got worse towards end of the year. 2019 will be below a 6 if I'm in the same job in 365 days.

iu

Ok now im all sober and feeling better i would rate my year a solid 8.

Positives = i have my health, so does my family + friends, bought an apartment so absolutely stoked, and found some lovely new friends this year.

Negatives = lost some friends (not thru death- they just refuse to see me), Geelong going out first week finals, still get bouts of loneliness/no bf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty good year for me, certainly one of my better ones.

Lost ~10 kgs on the keto diet in the first couple of months, then managed to maintain it over the year.
Took the family on a US holiday to San Diego, Las Vegas, LA.
Got a promotion at work and a nice bump.
Ran over 1000 kms for the year.
North did better than expected, no one beat the premiers more than we did!
Family all good and healthy.

Of course this all means that something shitty is probably just around the corner...

3/10. My partner has been really sick all year, which culminated in a suicide attempt in September. She's in a far better place at the moment thankfully and getting help. But without doubt the scariest thing I've ever seen

Personally, crazy busy and stressful year at work. Missed a big promotion

9/10. Enjoying the D.I.N.K life. Closer to my wife more than ever. Enjoy my job, very good job security, went overseas (US) and away several times, house is lovely, new golf clubs, golf game improving, good group of friends.

Just a bit sad seeing the world capitulate due to inaction on climate change and over population. I’m glad I’ve been in a position to influence and educate the younger generation on these issues though. It’s been great seeing the youth uprise.

Don't really know how to rate this year.

Pros
Had a month in tassie .
GF got over her depression, shes heaps happier now.
No real issues with family or work etc.
Got a new , well new second hand car.
Animals are healthy.

Cons.
Would of liked another holiday.
I kind of lost the plot with things the last few weeks , put a black mark on the year l guess.
Not playing cricket this year either kinda sucks.

Lost my dad to lung cancer in August so this year has been tough. But have good family friends around me has helped enormously.
Job sucks, so will start looking in the new year for a new one.

My son is 14 months old now and has been amazing looking back on how much he has grown up in the past 12 months

4/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back