Rate Your Year

Lost my dad to lung cancer in August so this year has been tough. But have good family friends around me has helped enormously.
Job sucks, so will start looking in the new year for a new one.

My son is 14 months old now and has been amazing looking back on how much he has grown up in the past 12 months

4/10.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Caesar I am so terribly sorry. Reading your post flawed me and there is nothing any of us can say that will make your situation any better. I hope you can cherish any moment with your fiance.

Shell my mrs is a business manager and has had issues with aids who sit on their computer in class when they should be assisting the kids. She has now enforced that their laptops can no longer be taken to class as they should be helping the children, not sitting on their computer.

Caesar I am so terribly sorry. Reading your post flawed me and there is nothing any of us can say that will make your situation any better. I hope you can cherish any moment with your fiance.

Shell my mrs is a business manager and has had issues with aids who sit on their computer in class when they should be assisting the kids. She has now enforced that their laptops can no longer be taken to class as they should be helping the children, not sitting on their computer.

Maybe she should enforce that on teachers too cos they sit on their ******* computers a hellava lot more than i ever did :)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
As for me, my year was pretty solid overall. Started it in NYC which was amazing. I got a promotion at work, and between the start and end of the year, I got an 8k payrise. I enjoyed work, what I do, and how valued I feel there. It was a very solid year for me professionally. I've also been poached by a former colleague whose company can pay me about 20k more with more opportunity etc, so that's been another positive and something to look forward to.

I lost 8kgs and got to the lightest I've been since I was probably a teenager. Have put on decent amounts of muscle and happy with the shape I'm in. Attended friends weddings which were fantastic, as well as planning and saving for my own. Maintained friendships for the most part and haven't really lost touch with anyone.

Only real negative was my pa's health. He contracted pneumonia and was virtually on his deathbed. There were at least three or four times when I thought that'd be the last time I'd see him it was that bad. Thankfully being the stubborn old bastard he is, he fought it and won, and he's back to an acceptable level for his age.

I'd say 8/10.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Have to rate it as a good year. Started out in Australia, spent a week in Tuscany in late spring. A busy summer with work as usual then a week in Seville and a couple of weeks in Dominican Republic. Did lose someone I work with who dropped dead a couple of kms from the end of the London marathon, aged 27. Got a 10k payrise for the 3rd year in a row, plus a combined 11k euro bonus for my wife and I.

Only thing I can complain about is the prelim. Looking forward to 2019 starting in South Africa, then flying my mum over for a couple of weeks early spring.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Does it haunt you in your dreams too?
LOL no I dont usually remember my dreams, but he's on my mind every day. Havent seen him around for a while.

Whilst nothing like Ceaser, we did have some bad news at the end of the year but it's surmountable, thanks to science.

Lost my dad to lung cancer in August so this year has been tough. But have good family friends around me has helped enormously.
Job sucks, so will start looking in the new year for a new one.

My son is 14 months old now and has been amazing looking back on how much he has grown up in the past 12 months

4/10.
Kids are amazing, good and bad. Nothing brings the emotion out like they do.

Watching the grow up is something you just can't get unless you've done it.

Sorry about your dad, mine came close this year but is still with us. I had to think about it but not face it.

* jobs that suck. You do them when you have to but keep looking for something better.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Maybe she should enforce that on teachers too cos they sit on their ******* computers a hellava lot more than i ever did :)

I use my computer in class a bit, but only to do one school reports and check work-related emails. If any teachers are using computers for social media or any non-work related things they should have their arses handed to them on a plate.

I use my computer in class a bit, but only to do one school reports and check work-related emails. If any teachers are using computers for social media or any non-work related things they should have their arses handed to them on a plate.

All good rask was probably a tad defensive in that other post. Point still is a valid one imho.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
s**t year. 0/10. I'll show you why.

Lost my beautiful dog Odin two weeks ago. He was 6 years old, had cancer, had surgery; they said he'd have at least 5-6 months but he didn't even last 3 weeks after that because it'd spread undetected through the blood vessels. Gutted. I was prepared to lose him but not so suddenly. So, NYE and 2018 can go and get ****ed, next year couldn't possibly be worse.
26427883_536467740045321_9035415338744807424_n.jpg

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
s**t year. 0/10. I'll show you why.

Lost my beautiful dog Odin two weeks ago. He was 6 years old, had cancer, had surgery; they said he'd have at least 5-6 months but he didn't even last 3 weeks after that because it'd spread undetected through the blood vessels. Gutted. I was prepared to lose him but not so suddenly. So, NYE and 2018 can go and get ******, next year couldn't possibly be worse.
View attachment 599844

Very sorry to hear. They are like family. Just from reading this post I can tell he was much loved and very lucky to have had you.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
5/10

Started off horrible

Lost a family friend to cancer and my Grandfather to cancer.

I was at an awful mental state early this year. I thought I wasted money with a degree, I was stuck at a casual job with a s**t company and couldn’t find more work. I honestly feared for my future and felt close to breakdown levels.

However things looked up as I managed to score a few job oppurtunities. I quit my casual job and now in a full time job I enjoy going to and like my co workers/bosses. The work can be boring but the environment is execellent. I’m mentally in a much better place mod and looking forward to 2019.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty average year for me in terms of the big ticket items, but still a few little highlights.

Left a 3 year relationship that wasn't going to give me what I wanted, correct decision but I do miss him and the life we had together.

Moved back home with my parents, cheaper and it's a loving household, but still felt like a step backwards.

Work is great and I got 2 decent pay rises, it also gives me a much better social life.

I took a couple of trips - first to Hawaii which was great, currently on a small trip to Brisbane to see my friend for New Years.

I was the maid of honour at my best friend's wedding.

Feels like a 5/10 year.

I’d probably give it a 5/10.

Was in the grooms party for a mates wedding in Perth, always a positive and it was a good week break.

Friends have really thinned out, only have two that I see often and they are engaged. My love life is going nowhere fast.

Decided to get back into fitness and took up strength training towards the end of the year, currently 14KG down in about 10-12 weeks, 9KG left until goal weight.

I’m closer to being qualified and will sit my final exam in 2019.

Back