Rating the journalists/media!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 12, 2006
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
Time to tip a bucket on those who generally fabricate the truth & write or speak utter nonsense at the expense of others!

Worst

Caroline Wilson
Patrick Smith
Mike Sheahan

Honourable Mention

Dylan Howard

I have to mention The Age's Warwick Green here. He has for some reason beeen doing the votes for the Hawthorn games for the past few weeks, and i reckon he is a show not to have been at any of them. Hopeless.

The other flame has to go to Caro on football (ie not boardroom/backroom bullshit) issues. That McDougall in the ruck mistake was indicative of the fact that the actual game of football isn't of great concern to her.

Also, I reckon if you were a fly on the wall at Herald Sun footy team editorial meetings, you'd hear this a bit:
"What are you writing about this week, Robbo?"
"Essendon. Sheedy, Hirdy, Lloydy, all the boys. Essendon".
"But they're no good, and you wrote about them last week."
"What about this - A profile of Kepler Bradley and a look at his relationship with Sheeds, Lloydy and the boys?"
"Again, a bit Essendon heavy".
"A day in the life of Andrew Welsh?"... etc.

Caraline Wilson = she is annoying but she is good at what she does
Michael Christonson
Steven Quartermain
Brain Tayler = Champion

Hates
Patrick Smith
Craig Hutchison = just a lieing hypocritical w***er
Mike Sheenan = FOOL

OK
Robert Walls = He has his good and bad times
Andy Mahar = just a little suck but ok
Tim Watson
Billy Brownless = can get very very annoying

Like :
Bruce
Brian Taylor
Robert Walls
Caro
Mike Sheehan
Rex

Dislike :
Karl Langdon
Kim Hagdorn
The Western Australian
6pr
Cometti (sits on the fence too much)
Ch7 Perth

Time to tip a bucket on those who generally fabricate the truth & write or speak utter nonsense at the expense of others!

Worst

Caroline Wilson
Patrick Smith
Mike Sheahan

Honourable Mention

Dylan Howard

So you think the three who do only opinion pieces are no good.

FOM

Best Max Stevens 3MMM Adelaide

Worst Garry Lyon 3MMM Melbourne/Footy Show/Footy Classless.

He comes up with some silly stuff, but I really don't know why people hate Mike Sheehan. He goes ok. Rohan Connolly knows his footy. Sam Lane is ok.

Walls, Wilson and Hutchy are arseclowns.

Channel 7 has been a big disappointment.

I find myself turning off the TV volume and turning the radio on.

Can we start a petition to get rid of Bruce and Ox. It's painful.

Worst

Caroline Wilson
Patrick Smith
Mike Sheahan

Honourable Mention

Dylan Howard

Hate Caro and Mike cos they get so much so very wrong and never concede they were wrong but for truth fabricating and writing utter bullsh*t, it's Smith by the length of the Flemington straight. His articles are bad enough but when he is on the radio with KB and the two of them start pontificating it's unbearable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy

Both always have something interesting to say. Hutchy has had his moments, but 95% of the time he is very informative the extra 5% i'm willing to let go due to hit and misses that come with the caper.

Ok:
Sheahan - He sits on the fence a lot. But thats pretty fair. When he has crack its for a good reason. Isn't as agressive as others but deserves his spot as the main writer for the Sun.

Dislikes: Dylan Howard, I honestly feel he shouldn't have released Braun's name or the rehab documents. There were better ways to go about it. I mean 'lady finds files in gutter?' Who the **** falls for that? He knew he was breaking many laws regardless of the 'greater picture' he is trying to paint us.

Ohh and Patrick Smith. But thats a given.

Hate Caro and Mike cos they get so much so very wrong and never concede they were wrong but for truth fabricating and writing utter bullsh*t, it's Smith by the length of the Flemington straight. His articles are bad enough but when he is on the radio with KB and the two of them start pontificating it's unbearable.

AMEN! Nothing boils my blood more. Can't listen to more than 30 seconds of those two.

cant beleive anyone hasnt said it... but malcolm blight has to be the worst. his special comments are far from special. "i dont wanna harp on about it but you know...."

sam lane offers no insight and is annoying as hell...

and robert walls has to be the most negative person on earth, he belongs in the worst list.

best are derm, quarters, michael christians

Best:
Cometti
Tim Lane
Dunstall
Healy
Grybas
Jake Niall

Worst:
Brian Taylor
Brayshaw
Newman
Ox
Watson
Bruce
Banfield
Dwayne Russell

Neither here nor there:
Caro
Sheehan
Walls
Connolly
Robinson

michael christian
brian taylor
malcolm blight
clinton grybas
dennis cometti

DISLIKE:
Dwayne Russell (is appalling)
Craig Hutchinson
Dylan Howard
Mike Sheehan
Theo X

Caraline Wilson = she is annoying but she is good at what she does
Michael Christonson
Steven Quartermain
Brain Tayler = Champion

Hates
Patrick Smith
Craig Hutchison = just a lieing hypocritical w***er
Mike Sheenan = FOOL

OK
Robert Walls = He has his good and bad times
Andy Mahar = just a little suck but ok
Tim Watson
Billy Brownless = can get very very annoying

You have got to be joking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Robbo is OK, but the rest, they are even kiel in my books as the worst journo's ive ever read/heard. Especially christian and quarterbrain.

Caroline Wilson??????

Grybas is by far and away the best commentator, as for print media, there is no "good" one, i respect Sheehan in some regard though.

Like:
Clinton Grybas
Jake Niall
Greg Baum
Mark Robinson

Dislike:
TheO x (pains me to say it)
Tim Watson
Dwayne Russell
Robert Walls
Ricky Olerenshaw
Steven Quartermain
Craig Hutchison
Radar

Not fussed:
The rest

thread probably needs to separate out print v. other media journos (though some do all)?

but Honourable mention: George Grljusich - temperamental and wildly provocative but at least he doesn't dress up his opinions as anything other than that!

surprisingly good: Brad Hardie - often quite incisive!

dislike (a lot) Patrick Smith - self important and pontificating (some of the Age journos come close to this)

talking about print only here...

Martin Blake ... much underrated, knows his stuff
Mike Sheahan ... cops heaps, but at least writes about the game, unlike some other chief football writers
Rohan Connolly ... too much essendon, can be annoying, but writes good features and knows the game at least
Mark Stevens ... good understanding of game
Jon Ralph ... writes OK, opinions vary but has a crack
Chip Le Grand ... can get a bit egg-headed, but can write Ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back