larrikan

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University of Hawaii Rainbows
sorry to intrude but does anyone here use Champion Picks for ratings and tips services? If so, would you recommend them? I don't have time to run my own form sheets anymore and was looking for alternatives. I won't say why I have narrowed it down to them but I would like advice from anyone with history with them.

sorry to intrude but does anyone here use Champion Picks for ratings and tips services? If so, would you recommend them? I don't have time to run my own form sheets anymore and was looking for alternatives. I won't say why I have narrowed it down to them but I would like advice from anyone with history with them.

ADDITION: pm me if you don't want to discuss here.

Disclaimer. i am not affiliated with them at all, just paying due diligence to my Spring Carnival stake.

They tip the favourites nearly all the time to limit risk (of their image mainly) and then put their ratings up on the site to make it look as if they are doing a good job when they win.

Put it this way. The sort of thing they do is rate horses at low prices so that when they win they look like they've found you value because the tote odds are higher than their ratings.

Anyone can make up ratings for horses and make them lower than the market and look great when the horse comes in 'over' the odds.

Not to mention if there's such things as a good thing why would you share the tip and have every joe dilute the dividend price when you can take advantage of it yourself? Only fools do that.

Thanks for the replies and pms guys.

Like I said..pretty tied up the next three months but riding a high after the last six weeks of footy punting and was looking for a lazy way to continue the streak...lol...

If you really want to blindly follow someones tips, Deane Lester tips Victorian races on the Tote site each day - he's pretty solid.

Follow racing and sports neural rating sheets.

Its not perfect but neither is racing, i have often been blown away by $15+ top raters who've won as top raters and snuck under the radar.

It comes into its own over spring where there are sound form lines to follow (except melb cup with internationals!)

I choose to elimate the time column in most cases

Its not perfect but neither is racing, i have often been blown away by $15+ top raters who've won as top raters and snuck under the radar.

It comes into its own over spring where there are sound form lines to follow (except melb cup with internationals!)

link(s)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should eliminate every column IMO as the data that they use is frankly dodgy as hell.

Have a look at Race 2 at Caulfield tomorrow for example. Its a race full of mainly first starters.

Now first starters 7 & 9 get 1 point each for Career Performance and Times whilst all the other first starters get zero. :confused:

So maybe its based on trials - well then why does no 3 not get any CP or Time rating when it won its trial a full one second faster than no 9 did on the same day over the same distance.

You dig further into the neurals ratings and they are full of really dodgy stuff such as this. I wrote to the site asking for an explanation and got nothing.

You may as well roll a dice or pick a card to choose your horse than use the neurals.

Each to their own but I think it is a very simple view by some...

Horse racing is far from an exact science and sure the neural ratings have weaknesses... it is hard to capture everything and where one person may see a variable as positive to winning another may see it as negative... another may see it as irrelevant... again it is not an exact science

What it does do though it attempts to quantify a range of variables that may or may not lead to a horse being competitive in a race... ive found it effective... many others dont... you obviously wouldnt use it where there are first starters as there is nothing to quantify and the data is skewed... would seem to be quite obvious :rolleyes:

The best horse doesnt always win a race, the best run doesnt always win the race so to expect your ratings to find near every winner is ignorant...

Ratings can find value though and perhaps King Mufhasa was one of those this weekend...

Its free at the end of the day so is hard too critical... i will continue to reference this information going forward anyway :thumbsu: everyone believes in something when they lay down the hard earned cash... few ever end up millionares :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back