Injury Ratugolea - Broken Ankle - Tibia + Fibula (VFL RETURN 25 AUGUST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see how he gets back with 3 weeks to go. He would need a stint in the vfl first and he aint even at that point yet.
5 weeks until finals start, and wouldn't necessarily have to play in the first week if we make it past that.

If you can't see how then maybe you just lack imagination.

5 weeks until finals start, and wouldn't necessarily have to play in the first week if we make it past that.

If you can't see how then maybe you just lack imagination.
He ain’t that good yet. Not a player who just comes back in the afl after one practise game. He will need 3-4 like henderson did.

He ain’t that good yet. Not a player who just comes back in the afl after one practise game. He will need 3-4 like henderson did.
I didn't realise that mentioning he still had a possible 7 week window (or maybe even further than that if we want to be crazy) meant I was expecting him to come in off of one VFL game.

He's back training, let's see what happens.

I didn't realise that mentioning he still had a possible 7 week window (or maybe even further than that if we want to be crazy) meant I was expecting him to come in off of one VFL game.

He's back training, let's see what happens.
VFL finals start in two weeks. Rata isn’t even playing vfl for a couple of weeks. Do the maths. Even if he plays 3 vfl games they aren’t bringing him back for a prelim or gf in the afl.

VFL finals start in two weeks. Rata isn’t even playing vfl for a couple of weeks. Do the maths. Even if he plays 3 vfl games they aren’t bringing him back for a prelim or gf in the afl.
No, there are two rounds left of the VFL regular season. So finals are in three and we'll at least make a VFL prelim imo.

And I think we actually might bring Sav back for a big final if his form is good. Why not? Because it's so much better to approach finals conservatively? Bugger that, double down and see what comes.

I would be looking at shutting him down we have seen his potential let's get him cherry ripe. He is a big lad he will be underdone aerobically and pushing him on the comeback is just not worth the long term risks for mine. Just seen too many injuries from our forwards let's look long term

I would be looking at shutting him down we have seen his potential let's get him cherry ripe. He is a big lad he will be underdone aerobically and pushing him on the comeback is just not worth the long term risks for mine. Just seen too many injuries from our forwards let's look long term
Agreed.... But still torn:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Structurally he's the one element that we've been missing.

Unfortunately with our current game style and work ethic I'm not sure if he'd make enough of a difference.

Agreed his tackling too love the intent he flies for the football it's old fashioned. And a genuine second ruck just a safe guard better than jack Henry at a 192cm taking center bounces. Although unfortunately I think it's getting too late and our form and ladder position. Our teams best is top 4 our worst patches in games rivals Brisbane some weeks. Hard to know where we are at

I suspect they will just build his fitness up as much as possible so he won’t be coming from too far back when preseason starts. Hard to see how he can feature in the seniors from here.

I suspect they will just build his fitness up as much as possible so he won’t be coming from too far back when preseason starts. Hard to see how he can feature in the seniors from here.

I can't see them just throwing him into the seniors cold either of the next 2 weeks, gotta think he would be a month away from being match fit for AFL football.

And say we do play finals, it going to be on the back of 2 solid performances over the next fortnight (plus other results going our way), and I'd rather back in the guys who got us to finals because no doubt the 22 who take to the field this week & next will to really need to connect as a team.

No doubt Sav showed some promise earlier this year but its going to put a lot of pressure on the kid if we bring him back for during the finals & expect him to be impacting contests immediately. Get him a full pre-season & unleash him round 1, 2019

Last week Esava was kicking and running. And doing just a little body on body (v. a staffer).

Not involved in any part or full ground simulations.

Four more weeks conditioning ? 2 weeks full training ? VFL six weeks from now ? Mid September.

I can see him playing the second final for the Bankers. Which will be either a SF (September 8th-9th) or PF (September 15th-16th).

Still hopeful he'll end the year playing footy. And potentially winning a flag as well.

Dominating the AFL can wait till 2019.:cool:

Sav might play some time in the VFL this year, but if they put him back in the senior side at this stage you know the MC have nothing and are desperate/grasping at straws. Get him right for 2019.
I would suggest that we are desperate.

The only way we have any chance to do anything in finals (if we make it) is having a competent second ruckman who can also be a competent key forward. Structurally it is super important for us. Buzza isn’t the guy, neither is a combo of 2 of Stanley/Abbott/Smith. The only combo that works is a #1 ruck plus Sav.

If we made finals, and if it was confirmed that he wasn’t at risk of re-injury, then he is totally worth the gamble.

I would suggest that we are desperate.

The only way we have any chance to do anything in finals (if we make it) is having a competent second ruckman who can also be a competent key forward. Structurally it is super important for us. Buzza isn’t the guy, neither is a combo of 2 of Stanley/Abbott/Smith. The only combo that works is a #1 ruck plus Sav.

If we made finals, and if it was confirmed that he wasn’t at risk of re-injury, then he is totally worth the gamble.
If we made the finals as a top 4 team with a realistic chance of winning the flag, then it might be worth the risk. But we're not that team, if we make it we won't make it past the first week. So let him play in the VFL and start building for a big 2019.

I can see him playing the second final for the Bankers. Which will be either a SF (September 8th-9th) or PF (September 15th-16th).

Still hopeful he'll end the year playing footy. And potentially winning a flag as well.

Dominating the AFL can wait till 2019.:cool:

If the senior cats season is over would he even be eligible for VFL finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back